Postby repoman » Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:22 pm

Why do all cars today have to be fat turds
F U T U R E G A M E R
repoman

IAMILF
IAMILF

Re: The Automotive (& other mechanized vehicles) thread

Postby Disarm D'arcy » Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:14 am

Because SUVs and minivans are your destiny.
Good deals: OsbornKT, Phantasmagorovich, UglyCasanova, DarkAxel, Skip, D.o.S, ColdBrightSunlight, Eivind August, Goroth

https://linktr.ee/disarmdarcy

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Disarm D'arcy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Chankgeez » Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:35 pm

This little Suzuki looks cute :idk: :

psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Achtane » Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:22 pm

Snagged a shop manual and its accompanying electrical/vacuum manual for $20, wut wuuuut
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Louy7zH9guw
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby psychic vampire. » Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:18 pm

I learned how to change spark plugs yesterday, today i'm learning how to replace the motor in my driver side door that moves the power window. Briefly toyed with going and finding another Ford Ranger/Mazda B series/whatever and just getting a door with a manual window. Decided against it.

Edited to add: Before a year ago i always told myself i would never ever ever own a car. I hated them. This is the most i've ever learned about cars. It's crazy. How do people do this?
D.o.S. wrote:Hello, this is your captain speaking, our altitude has set to bleep so lets sit back and get ready to bloop. Ladies and Gentlemen, we are floating in space.
psychic vampire.

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Achtane » Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:32 pm

It's like a project that never ends. So it's both rewarding and extremely frustrating.
GAS for tools and parts has replaced my instrument GAS this past year.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Louy7zH9guw
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby psychic vampire. » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:15 pm

Yeah, i'm kinda pumped to try to figure out how to make my truck into a habitable space and also have all the necessary tools for the truck on hand, among my other stuff. I always thought i hated cars bc my uncle who lived with me growing up worked on them and he was kind of a macho asshole about it all, but i had a great time replacing spark plugs. I want to learn more now. Weird world.
D.o.S. wrote:Hello, this is your captain speaking, our altitude has set to bleep so lets sit back and get ready to bloop. Ladies and Gentlemen, we are floating in space.
psychic vampire.

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:39 pm

psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby popvulture » Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:23 pm

psychic vampire. wrote:Yeah, i'm kinda pumped to try to figure out how to make my truck into a habitable space and also have all the necessary tools for the truck on hand, among my other stuff. I always thought i hated cars bc my uncle who lived with me growing up worked on them and he was kind of a macho asshole about it all, but i had a great time replacing spark plugs. I want to learn more now. Weird world.

I've always wanted to learn. I teach design at a community college that offers all kinds of vocational type classes, so maybe I should see if I can weasel a free class for something to do in my imminent singledom.

I've always wanted an old Datsun 240z. Would be so fucking fun to have a fixer upper in my garage, and as mentioned previously, divert some GAS to a new hobbz.
neonblack wrote:They say tone is in the hooks

D.o.S. wrote:I'm pretty sure moderation leads to Mustang Sally.

coldbrightsunlight wrote:Yes I am a soppy pop person at heart I think with noises round the edge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JphJfwsUbT4
popvulture

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Iommic Pope » Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:20 am

Chankgeez wrote:This little Suzuki looks cute :idk: :

That is very cute.
Doable.

psychic vampire. wrote:I learned how to change spark plugs yesterday, today i'm learning how to replace the motor in my driver side door that moves the power window. Briefly toyed with going and finding another Ford Ranger/Mazda B series/whatever and just getting a door with a manual window. Decided against it.

Edited to add: Before a year ago i always told myself i would never ever ever own a car. I hated them. This is the most i've ever learned about cars. It's crazy. How do people do this?

Achtane wrote:It's like a project that never ends. So it's both rewarding and extremely frustrating.
GAS for tools and parts has replaced my instrument GAS this past year.

This is part of the reason I haven't jumped into getting a bike license yet.
Mostly it's because we're trying to get back on track financially at the moment but also because I know the second I get spare income it'll be gone on the bike.
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby blakestree » Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:51 am

That's cool. A street version of the TW200 dual sport. Like a UJM. Way underpowered, though.

psychic vampire. wrote:I learned how to change spark plugs yesterday, today i'm learning how to replace the motor in my driver side door that moves the power window. Briefly toyed with going and finding another Ford Ranger/Mazda B series/whatever and just getting a door with a manual window. Decided against it.

I have a B3000 and the driver-side power window motor has been bad for about 10 years. This year, my passenger-side motor went. Fuck taking those door panels off...
Last edited by blakestree on Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
While leaves shall fall, do branches intertwine, that we remain bound.

Blake's Tree
blakestree

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby psychic vampire. » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:20 am

Yo, the door panels are awful. My mechanically minded friend who has been helping me with all this shit was just like, "i wanna cut off those plastic holders and just put bolts on there." I have the motor to put in the driver's side door window. Just haven't done it yet. Need to do a coolant flush/replacement, and see what's causing the car to overheat/stall out.
psychic vampire.

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby blakestree » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:56 am

Not sure about the overheating. But, a flush is never a bad idea. Perhaps swap out the thermostat while you're at it? Mine does stall sometimes, but not always, when I'm coming to a stop. I can usually goose it enough to save it from stalling. It will also buck when climbing a hill. First thing I did was clean the MAF sensor and replace the air filter. No luck. It could be that the throttle body needs to be cleaned, as well. But, I haven't done that. Also, I have suspected that I have a vacuum leak in the intake manifold gasket. Replacing it is a job I don't care to undertake. I sometimes get a misfire code, too. So, it could even be a bad fuel injector. Then, my fuel pump went out. I thought that must have been the cause of the stalling. (I was in a jam and had to have a shop replace the fuel pump. $800, said and done. Fuck.) Still stalls. My dad started having a similar problem with his car. He had a new oil pump put in and says that fixed it. My oil pressure "gauge", in the truck, jumps around before it stalls. So, the cause may in fact be a dying oil pump.

Dunno, if any of that will be of help to you. But, some things for you and your friend to think about.

Blake's Tree
blakestree

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby RobV » Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:44 pm

I wouldn't mind having one of those around to run off into trails & such. I would make it more off roadish probably. I miss my 84' RM250. A bud messed it up bad a couple years ago. I am still riding though :hello:
Got this last September & love it to!
RobV

interested
interested

Postby blakestree » Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:16 pm

RobV wrote: I would make it more off roadish probably.

Blake's Tree
blakestree

IAMILF
IAMILF

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion