The "I did this to my house" Thread.

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The "I did this to my house" Thread.

Postby Dowi » Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:24 am

UglyCasanova wrote:That's 250 items from IKEA

:eek:
Not even in my worst nightmares :lol:
But, looking at the huge work you've done, mounting Ikea furniture must be the easiest part.
Hold on UC, keep looking at the light at the end of the tunnel and you'll succeed.
:thumb:
BIRCH BARK | Solo stuff | Bandcamp - Youtube
HIBAGON | Polyrhythmic Heavy Duo | Bandcamp - Spotyshit
Dowi

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby retinal orbita » Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:47 pm

UglyCasanova wrote:That's 250 items from IKEA and like 30% of a kitchen. Kitchen is like halfway done now. I'm just focusing on getting that done so we can actually live there (and assemble furniture for weeks on end). The end is in sight, but it's still some time away. Fatigue has settled in and everything feels tedious and frustrating. :lol:

I remember when the ikea delivery dropped like 90 boxes in my dining room that was to become a kitchen. Like you gut your old kitchen, refinish everything, plan that shit out on the planner, sat with the planning consultant (the most horrible day ever), you’ve done all your homework and then they just drop this shit into your life and you’re just like “what the fuck.... no more!!”. I was totally burned out by the time we got to that stage. I was working on one of those drawers inside a drawer and I built it wrong and couldn’t get it apart and was ready to have a meltdown at the thought of going back to the kitchen warehouse.

One of my best friends is a contractor and he was laughing at my tales of woe.... UNTIL HE HAD TO BUILD A KITCHEN. He said “now I understand!!!!”
retinal orbita

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby retinal orbita » Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:35 pm

Here's my kitchen build in five parts from a few years back

retinal orbita

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby UglyCasanova » Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:33 pm

A finished kitchen! Brings tears to my eyes! I can't wait to get to that point. Good job, man. Looks ace! Much envy. :lol:

I think I'll be done with the kitchen in maybe... 3 more days? I spent 12 hours today putting together drawers. Fucking drawers. My headphones broke like 2 months ago and today I splurged on a nice and big Bluetooth speaker. I think listening to music and podcasts again was the only thing keeping me from committing Seppuku with a piece of the drawer sliding mechanism.
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby UglyCasanova » Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:37 pm

Dowi wrote:Hold on UC, keep looking at the light at the end of the tunnel and you'll succeed.
:thumb:

Appreciate it, buddy! :joy:
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby retinal orbita » Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:51 pm

UglyCasanova wrote:A finished kitchen! Brings tears to my eyes! I can't wait to get to that point. Good job, man. Looks ace! Much envy. :lol:

That was 3 years or so ago - I remember our plumber came in and connected our sink and dishwasher on Christmas Eve while I was at work - he didn’t want to see us go the holidays without running water. It was such a nice gesture I will never forget!

We’ve lived with it for a while and are actually removing the uppers, moving the fridge, adding a second pantry.... planning a kitchen with “flow” is actually an art.
retinal orbita

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby oldangelmidnight » Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:54 pm

That seems like the really good thing about doing it yourself: you're more equipped to re-do it to make improvements.
oldangelmidnight

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby JonnyAngle » Thu Dec 26, 2019 1:34 pm

oldangelmidnight wrote:That seems like the really good thing about doing it yourself: you're more equipped to re-do it to make improvements.

Mrs Angle and I were talking about this. When it's done, IT's D O N E!!!!!
JonnyAngle

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby codetocontra » Thu Dec 26, 2019 3:07 pm

:idea: Or if you never finish you don't have to re do it.
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Achtane » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:34 pm

Updated tiny workshop pic:
Yeah I can't hold still during a panorama.
Pegboard isn't so horrible looking once it's painted.
I just bought an old truck, and crudely sewed the headrests back together + fixed the stuck seat sliding thingy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Louy7zH9guw
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby UglyCasanova » Sun Jun 12, 2022 2:07 pm

It's been a while. Last year and this year, we tore down the entire backyard and remodeled it. I'm a landscaper now!

Before, it was really cramped and overgrown

Now it's looking really fresh, imo. Even got to keep the old apple tree, just shaped it and took good care of it and now it sort of has a bonsai tree vibe. It seems to be really thriving now, which is nice! Got some greenhouses for strawberries, bok choy, raddishes, beets, sugar peas, and also got a blackberry bush last year that should give fruits this summer (the bush climbing up the left wall). It's my new favorite part of the house. :lol:

Doggo tax:

Some garden loot:
NSFW: show
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dowi » Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:49 am

UglyCasanova wrote:
Now it's looking really fresh, imo. Even got to keep the old apple tree, just shaped it and took good care of it and now it sort of has a bonsai tree vibe. It seems to be really thriving now, which is nice! Got some greenhouses for strawberries, bok choy, raddishes, beets, sugar peas, and also got a blackberry bush last year that should give fruits this summer (the bush climbing up the left wall). It's my new favorite part of the house. :lol:

Some garden loot:
NSFW: show

IT'S GOT CLEAN SCANDI STYLE ALL OVER IT AND I LOVE IT.
Nice work UC! Also nice strawberries and veg.ribs.

At the end of last summer i tore down the kitchen garden we had because the soil had too much clay in it and it created a lot of problems for msall fruitplants like strawberries and such. This year we're all about infuses so before winter we managed to plant all kind of bushes/plants and now i've been collecting and drying spices non stop since the beginning of may (lemon balm, helichrysum, chamomile, thyme, origan, the usual sage, laurel and rosemary, and i have to wait a few weeks more for absinthe) but i wish i still had some vegetable plants.
BIRCH BARK | Solo stuff | Bandcamp - Youtube
HIBAGON | Polyrhythmic Heavy Duo | Bandcamp - Spotyshit
Dowi

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby hbombgraphics » Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:05 pm

Bought an 1860s Farmhouse last summer, front door was white, 4th of July project was to paint it black. When wife went to paint it she put her finger right through the bottom (ROTTEN!!!!) lots of water damage, so I spent the weekend rebuilding the doors. Fortunately I have a basement full of parts from other doors and windows, new panels installed and now painted black which looks awesome. Lights are a weekend install as well.

Edit: added a before shot
Attachments
Screen Shot 2022-07-06 at 11.20.07 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-07-06 at 11.20.07 PM.png (632.82 KiB) Viewed 1522 times
Screen Shot 2022-07-06 at 4.59.40 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-07-06 at 4.59.40 PM.png (352.21 KiB) Viewed 1540 times
Gunner Recall wrote:This thread is bad and everyone in it should feel bad.

Iommic Pope wrote:This thread is mediocre at best, but I encourage everyone posting in it to feel as awesome as possible.

https://soundcloud.com/hbombgraphics
hbombgraphics

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby oldangelmidnight » Mon Jul 11, 2022 12:22 pm

Stately!
oldangelmidnight

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby repoman » Mon Jul 11, 2022 12:25 pm

Nice! Old houses like that are maximum comfy.
F U T U R E G A M E R
repoman

IAMILF
IAMILF

Previous

Return to General Discussion