The "I did this to my house" Thread.

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The "I did this to my house" Thread.

Postby lordgalvar » Wed May 27, 2015 8:05 pm

UglyCasanova wrote:That front door is epic! :love:

Nice job on the bathroom too. I dig all the patterns you guys have. My grey contrast wall sounds pretty conservative right about now. :lol:

The peep hole is what sold me. the thing had signs plastered all over it and it was being sold as a prop because it was so torn up. The peep hole looks like something out of 12-monkeys or Brazil or something. A little moving glass eye with a view finder inside. Freaking creepy to watch it move outside.

Totally worth the $100 I invested in it. I laquered the copper to preserve the petina too. There are steel rods in it for added heavy metal factor.
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Twangasaurus » Thu May 28, 2015 2:42 am

Finished doing my room up a while ago and I think it's pretty swish but I think I'd feel a bit weird about showing it to yall.
Lobstrosity wrote:Dad-a-chum? Dod-a-chock?
Twangasaurus

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Mudfuzz » Thu May 28, 2015 2:51 am

I'm making plans to turning the shed in my back yard into a small shop, much jacking and soffiting and hole filling and stuff must be done...
Mudfuzz

HERO
HERO

Postby hbombgraphics » Thu May 28, 2015 3:04 pm

lordgalvar man you are flipping crushing the remodels

I should have take before shots of my house when we bought it
we completely gutted the 2nd floor

I never think of stuff like taking pictures
Gunner Recall wrote:This thread is bad and everyone in it should feel bad.

Iommic Pope wrote:This thread is mediocre at best, but I encourage everyone posting in it to feel as awesome as possible.

https://soundcloud.com/hbombgraphics
hbombgraphics

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby lordgalvar » Thu May 28, 2015 3:10 pm

hbombgraphics wrote:lordgalvar man you are flipping crushing the remodels

Thanks bud. When you move, you get another chance! haha. Glad to hear you chime in though; thanks for inspiring the thread. Did you ever get those tiles fixed? I might go find some of the old internet listings for my house from some extreme before shots.
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby hbombgraphics » Thu May 28, 2015 4:08 pm

lordgalvar wrote:
hbombgraphics wrote:lordgalvar man you are flipping crushing the remodels

Thanks bud. When you move, you get another chance! haha. Glad to hear you chime in though; thanks for inspiring the thread. Did you ever get those tiles fixed? I might go find some of the old internet listings for my house from some extreme before shots.

I have em re-placed but I need to find the right grout color
what a pain!

I also installed a chimney and woodstove I guess I could take pictures of that

the rest of the stuff is boring, insulation, drywall, flooring, nothing cool

really hoping the new house just has fun projects and no blown in insulation over falling in ceilings

Iommic Pope wrote:This thread is mediocre at best, but I encourage everyone posting in it to feel as awesome as possible.

hbombgraphics

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby lordgalvar » Thu May 28, 2015 4:24 pm

hbombgraphics wrote:I have em re-placed but I need to find the right grout color
what a pain!

I also installed a chimney and woodstove I guess I could take pictures of that

the rest of the stuff is boring, insulation, drywall, flooring, nothing cool

really hoping the new house just has fun projects and no blown in insulation over falling in ceilings

I just had a grout mishap myself. The stupid sealer I guess didn't take on this other encaustic concrete (i don't know if it was a bad batch because it is the same stuff) and we couldn't get the haze off. We went and had to get a buffer to take up the freaking haze. It was awful. I will say this: do not use black grout. That stuff is near impossible to clean. I made that mistake in this other room and paid the price (and I don't even like how it looks anymore).

Drywall is my least favorite thing in the world. I almost gave up on it and started to make slaked lime. Everyone talked me out of it (why does everyone hate lath an plaster?). I am terrible at it. But I am a plumber and that is my excuse...

Our ceiling fell in one room, but I replastered that. The other one has acoustic tiles and some of those fell out. We don't get insulation falling, just bits of asphalt/tar from the roof that some one replaced a while ago. Hell, our house didn't have insulation until I added it to a few rooms (mostly for sound reasons).

Be interested to see the woodstove. We don't see stuff like that out here too often.
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby hbombgraphics » Thu May 28, 2015 4:53 pm

woodstove is pretty simple build a platform and tiled it (now pretty beat from 5 years of firewood)
ran a chimney through the roof
It's in an addition and when they did the addition they left the old roof where the parts connect, so I worked at a slant for about 3 days inside the attic.

works well, heats most of the house if it isn't brutally cold.

I hate lath and plaster but it's more from a demo perspective, super messy and dusty,
plus it's crazy flammable

hbombgraphics

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby lordgalvar » Thu May 28, 2015 5:17 pm

hbombgraphics wrote:woodstove is pretty simple build a platform and tiled it (now pretty beat from 5 years of firewood)
ran a chimney through the roof
It's in an addition and when they did the addition they left the old roof where the parts connect, so I worked at a slant for about 3 days inside the attic.

works well, heats most of the house if it isn't brutally cold.

I hate lath and plaster but it's more from a demo perspective, super messy and dusty,
plus it's crazy flammable

Days in the attic...I'm going to be there soon. I gained some weight (10lbs) and I honestly don't know if I can fit up there now. haha. I'm not much bigger than I was, but it was a tight fit last time. Flat roofs suck sometimes.

That is crazy that they left the old roof inside. I would have probably had to have cut through the wall and stuff to expose it all. They walled off whole portions of my crawl space when they did additions and I had to cut holes in the floor to get to them. I don't know who can fit through a 2'x2' access but it ain't me.

I'll get some more pictures in a bit.
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby smallsnd/bigsnd » Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:24 pm

i've been trying to purchase a house since november and move the shop/home into one place... have been so *fucking* close a few times but haven't finalized anything because of various reasons. hopefully when it finally does happen i can contribute!
smallsnd/bigsnd

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby UglyCasanova » Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:42 pm

Remember to add crackle. :)*
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby lordgalvar » Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:25 pm

UglyCasanova wrote:Remember to add crackle. :)*

I should velcro all my pedals to a wall to cover up paneling. My wife would love that but at least I could win once in Setup of the Day.

smallsnd/bigsnd wrote:i've been trying to purchase a house since november and move the shop/home into one place... have been so *fucking* close a few times but haven't finalized anything because of various reasons. hopefully when it finally does happen i can contribute!

Buying a house was one of the worst experiences of my life. It fell through a ton for us (LA is a hard market) but once you get one, it is freaking amazing. There is always something to do and watching property value rise is kinda fun.
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Sparrow » Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:39 am

Levels :idea:
Blue Strat - Jazzmascis - Tele.
Fender - Squier.
Dr. Scientist - Dirge - FuzzHugger - Montreal Assembly - Hypnodrone.

https://www.youtube.com/user/sparrow1133
Sparrow

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Disarm D'arcy » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:00 am

Good deals: OsbornKT, Phantasmagorovich, UglyCasanova, DarkAxel, Skip, D.o.S, ColdBrightSunlight, Eivind August, Goroth

https://linktr.ee/disarmdarcy

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Disarm D'arcy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Jwar » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:13 am

I fucking hate IKEA. Not because it looks bad but because you have to put it all together. I went into one, had a panic attack, and swore it off forever. Fuck that shit. I like pre-assembled overpriced shit. lol

I wish I had something to contribute. I'm planning on finishing my basement soonish. That will be awesome!
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion