The "I did this to my house" Thread.

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The "I did this to my house" Thread.

Postby codetocontra » Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:22 am

Framers and carpenters who build stairs for a living also hate building stairs. Nice work though.
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby waltdogg » Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:24 am

Finally rebuilt my walk in closet. Put up curtains in my bedroom and den. And modified a giant IKEA Kallax to be a TV stand.
D.o.S. wrote:Why do people eat steak that shit is gross

behndy wrote:lol. she thinks Brazil is wayyyy too unsafe. but i got PLANS.

MechaGodzilla wrote:man, fuck those big neutrik plugs
waltdogg

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby UglyCasanova » Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:39 pm

That sounds cool, but we need them pics!

Put the new big window in and the new porch door. Feels much roomier now. I approve.

UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:42 pm

So proud of u :hug:
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby UglyCasanova » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:54 pm

:hug:
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby UglyCasanova » Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:28 pm

Had some time off to write my semester papers for uni. But, the heating pads are now installed, and they're so sci-fi looking I almost felt bad putting floors over em. Getting there!

GF painted one of the three bedrooms upstairs and the gaming room (hell yes). Nice. I hate painting. :lol:

The kitchen arrives, in parts, next Monday. Got a lot of shit to do until then. This week will suck big time. :thumb:
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:00 pm

I believe in you. You're going to do great.
Wow. Crown molding really brings a room together.
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby JonnyAngle » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:05 pm

The most impressive thing is how clean the floor covering is. If i use one at all, it’s an old bedsheet and I usually drift away from it
JonnyAngle

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dowi » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:07 am

Nice work you're doing here UC, also I love that huge porch window.
First time I saw those kind of heating pads, are you planning to connect those to photovoltaic panels? Actually I don't know if you have enough sun up there to justify those :idk:
BIRCH BARK | Solo stuff | Bandcamp - Youtube
HIBAGON | Polyrhythmic Heavy Duo | Bandcamp - Spotyshit
Dowi

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby UglyCasanova » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:05 am

Thanks, my dudes! 99% of our electricity is renewable, water and wind based, plus we live so close to the artic circle that half of the year the sun is pretty much non-existent. Right now the sun pops up at 9:30am and is gone again by 3:30pm. In terms of saving money, it would probably pay off in 15-20 years to use solar panels. Not a commitment I'm willing to take on any house haha. We got the house 4 months ago and I haven't even had a chance to walk around and get to know the area, so I don't even know if I like living there yet. I assume I'll like it, but we're trying to only use money that will jack up the price of the place if we don't like staying there. So, most materials are fairly cheap, but handymen are extremely expensive here, hence us DIYing the work just makes the price of the house inflate. I'm not certified to install solar panels, so it would be more of a non-profit purchase.
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby JonnyAngle » Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:22 pm

Re: Solar panels

in a residential application, rarely does the cost outweigh the cost savings.

I looked into it and I'd break even after about 11 years.
JonnyAngle

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dowi » Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:13 pm

UglyCasanova wrote:Thanks, my dudes! 99% of our electricity is renewable, water and wind based, plus we live so close to the artic circle that half of the year the sun is pretty much non-existent. Right now the sun pops up at 9:30am and is gone again by 3:30pm. In terms of saving money, it would probably pay off in 15-20 years to use solar panels. Not a commitment I'm willing to take on any house haha. We got the house 4 months ago and I haven't even had a chance to walk around and get to know the area, so I don't even know if I like living there yet. I assume I'll like it, but we're trying to only use money that will jack up the price of the place if we don't like staying there. So, most materials are fairly cheap, but handymen are extremely expensive here, hence us DIYing the work just makes the price of the house inflate. I'm not certified to install solar panels, so it would be more of a non-profit purchase.

thanks for the explanation, forgot you have a lot of wind power plants up there, that's surely the most convenient option.

JonnyAngle wrote:Re: Solar panels

If you have to do it from zero i guess your calculations are right. I'm gonna have those in my next home, with an accumulation system, but that's because the house is new and they put it by default in those residential spaces here, plus we have plenty of sun :lol: . The warehouse where i work is huge and a lot of the working spaces are powered with solar panels, and we produce huge refrigerators, air conditioners and heat pumps, the energy consumption is high.
BIRCH BARK | Solo stuff | Bandcamp - Youtube
HIBAGON | Polyrhythmic Heavy Duo | Bandcamp - Spotyshit
Dowi

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby JonnyAngle » Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:46 pm

Dowi wrote:
UglyCasanova wrote:Thanks, my dudes! 99% of our electricity is renewable, water and wind based, plus we live so close to the artic circle that half of the year the sun is pretty much non-existent. Right now the sun pops up at 9:30am and is gone again by 3:30pm. In terms of saving money, it would probably pay off in 15-20 years to use solar panels. Not a commitment I'm willing to take on any house haha. We got the house 4 months ago and I haven't even had a chance to walk around and get to know the area, so I don't even know if I like living there yet. I assume I'll like it, but we're trying to only use money that will jack up the price of the place if we don't like staying there. So, most materials are fairly cheap, but handymen are extremely expensive here, hence us DIYing the work just makes the price of the house inflate. I'm not certified to install solar panels, so it would be more of a non-profit purchase.

thanks for the explanation, forgot you have a lot of wind power plants up there, that's surely the most convenient option.

JonnyAngle wrote:Re: Solar panels

If you have to do it from zero i guess your calculations are right. I'm gonna have those in my next home, with an accumulation system, but that's because the house is new and they put it by default in those residential spaces here, plus we have plenty of sun :lol: . The warehouse where i work is huge and a lot of the working spaces are powered with solar panels, and we produce huge refrigerators, air conditioners and heat pumps, the energy consumption is high.

Commercial applications are a whole different ball game! We looked at doing it at work but our roof can't support them with snow.
JonnyAngle

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby oldangelmidnight » Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:54 pm

UglyCasanova wrote:Had some time off to write my semester papers for uni. But, the heating pads are now installed, and they're so sci-fi looking I almost felt bad putting floors over em. Getting there!

Image :

Should have put down a clear acrylic floor.
oldangelmidnight

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby UglyCasanova » Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:10 pm

That would have been pretty sick!just pour crystal resin all over it and call it a day. :joy:

If anyone wants to know what hell looks like, it looks sort of like this:

That's 250 items from IKEA and like 30% of a kitchen. Kitchen is like halfway done now. I'm just focusing on getting that done so we can actually live there (and assemble furniture for weeks on end). The end is in sight, but it's still some time away. Fatigue has settled in and everything feels tedious and frustrating. :lol:
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion