RIP B.B King!!!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: RIP B.B King!!!

Postby Dandolin » Sat May 16, 2015 4:28 pm

Whether or not you like his music, it's worth listening to Live at the Regal just for his patter, stage presence and, ultimately, rapport with the audience--textbook showmanship, always brings a smile to my face, and I ain't got a bluezey bone in my body (massive sigh of relief from me and everybody I've ever crossed paths with) and zero desire to emulate him musically. I can stl see the truth that he was a very real titan.
Last edited by Dandolin on Mon May 18, 2015 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby maggot » Mon May 18, 2015 7:49 am

I saw BB King back in the 80s, when I was in high school. Great show as always. I'm glad I got that chance!
maggot

committed
committed

Postby maggot » Mon May 18, 2015 1:38 pm

UglyCasanova wrote:I'll be the first to say that I have no idea who BB King is. I've heard the name, but I don't know his stuff.

RIP anyways. Always sad when a legend dies. Even if I had no idea who he was.

Definitely give B.B. a listen. You may not like it, but it'll give you an idea of how what is now blues lawyer bullshit was once vital and interesting music.
maggot

committed
committed

Postby HAVN » Wed May 20, 2015 2:33 am

Dandolin wrote:Whether or not you like his music, it's worth listening to Live at the Regal just for his patter, stage presence and, ultimately, rapport with the audience--textbook showmanship, always brings a smile to my face, and I ain't got a bluezey bone in my body (massive sigh of relief from me and everybody I've ever crossed paths with) and zero desire to emulate him musically. I can stl see the truth that he was a very real titan.

Saw him play probably 10 years ago and I wholly echo these sentiments.
HAVN

committed
committed

Postby ThurberMingus » Fri May 22, 2015 10:03 pm

Now this is kind of a joke, I've been holding off on using it on social media for fear of people not "getting it". I have nothing but respect for Mr. King. [/disclosure]

I like to think that BB King spent his final moments just shredding away on old Lucille, just killing it. He was just about to pull his gnarliest bend of all time when his heart gave out. Fortunately, that note is still sustained and probably will be for another few years, in typical BB King fashion. [/potentially tasteless joke]

RIP
ThurberMingus

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Previous

Return to General Discussion