Ever lose sleep over a pedal?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Ever lose sleep over a pedal?

Postby echoraven » Tue May 05, 2015 9:27 am

Yesterday my long awaited Nano POG arrived; well not necessarily the nano POG, but have wanted the micro pog for years and the nano sounded nearly identical in a smaller enclosure for less moolah...

...anyways; I thought I'd power up the pedal, run it through it's paces and make sure it's functional...

HOLY SWEET MOTHER OF ALL THAT IS AND ALL THAT WILL BE!!! The thing sounded GORGEOUS!!!! I was torn between squeeing like a teenage girl during a Leonardo Dicaprio movie-thon or playing the damn thing (not gonna lie, did a little of both). Bill Rupert of EHX who did the original demo, did some classic rock, ambient stuff but running it into a dirt pedal revealed that the POG CAN DO METAL AND DO IT DARN WELL!!! ...more squeeing ensued. ...and playing.

Sooo a bit over an hour into the playing and the sqeeing thing I thought I should wrap up and call it a night.

All tucked in bed and visions of Nano Pogs went all through my head. Was up at 2am, then again at 3 when I decided to get the pog playing out of my system. Ran it into all the dirt pedals on my board (about 9) and found it it liked the Devi Ever Hyperion and the Vox Saturator the best (the Saturator winning) and I never considered the Vox pedal a "metal" pedal. For a dirt pedal it's very gentleman-like, but having the POG plugged into it's ass end was MAGNIFICENT!!! Played again for about 90 minutes (no squeeing) and then I was ready for bed for 40 minutes of sleep before getting ready for work!

Sooo has anyone here lost sleep over a guitar pedal or am I the oddball?
echoraven

committed
committed

Re: Ever lose sleep over a pedal?

Postby UglyCasanova » Tue May 05, 2015 9:31 am

Try being handed a RM-1N 10 minutes before leaving to catch the train to the other side of the country for christmas. Shittiest christmas ever. :lol:

But I feel you, I've had moments like that. Luckily, I can do without much sleep, so I just get up and play with the thing. Just run it through to my headphones.
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Tue May 05, 2015 9:34 am

Nope. I've never lost sleep. I've learned to forget things that are outside of my control. Right now I'm waiting on so much shit, it's not even funny. If I lost sleep, I'd never fucking sleep. hahaha

Now I used to be this way in my 20's. Maybe it's an age thing? I just don't care anymore. LOL! I've been waiting on one builder for almost 3 months and I'm all meh. It'll be here eventually. hahahaha. I mean it frustrates me, but at the same time, I'm like "whatever". LOL.

Maybe I'm the weirdo??? hahaha
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Chankgeez » Tue May 05, 2015 9:37 am

echoraven wrote: squeeing

Is that like some kinda combination of squealing and peeing?
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby hbombgraphics » Tue May 05, 2015 10:04 am

Chankgeez wrote:

I think it is, I think he pissed his pants.

Also: Is Dicaprio still hot? I feel like I missed something.

Once in a while I do wake up in the middle of the night and go play guitar for an hour, but it more a product of how my brain works than getting a new pedal.
I get pedals sometimes and don't even open the box for a week.
Gunner Recall wrote:This thread is bad and everyone in it should feel bad.

Iommic Pope wrote:This thread is mediocre at best, but I encourage everyone posting in it to feel as awesome as possible.

https://soundcloud.com/hbombgraphics
hbombgraphics

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby neonblack » Tue May 05, 2015 12:12 pm

So is the nano any different sound-wise to the micro? I saw an ad that said it had an updated algorithm.
neonblack

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Inconuucl » Tue May 05, 2015 12:34 pm

My buying habits might tell otherwise, but I have a huge buyers remorse whenever I buy anything. The worst case was when I bought my Goatkeeper on Reverb. It was cheap as hell considering the ludicrous prices they go for now, but I had trouble sleeping that night thinking I've made a bad decision. :idk: It also explains why I always push for trades over buying. :facepalm:
Le Ciel Inconnu (I was a whale once.)
NSFW: show
Chankgeez wrote:We should have a game show à la Name That Tune

Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 5 pedals.
other contestant: I can shoegaze that tune with 4 pedals.
Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 3 pedals.
other contestant: OK, shoegaze that tune!
Inconuucl: :!!!:
Inconuucl

Supporter
Supporter

Postby neonblack » Tue May 05, 2015 12:38 pm

I felt bad yesterday cause my wife didn't see the PayPal notification where $200 was added to our account from me selling a pedal, just the notification where $250 was taken out. She almost flipped but then I explained.

We both would have lost sleep over that one.

More on topic, I have four awesome pedals coming in the mail in the next week or so and it actually feels like Christmas.
neonblack

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby skullservant » Tue May 05, 2015 12:47 pm

I've lost sleep a few times. Most recently was when my EGC was coming back from Kevin with single coils installed in it. I woke up for one of my sons feedings in the middle of the night and he had posted pictures right after I had fallen asleep that night, but saw them after Dan W texted me to go look. Barely slept the rest of the night
skullservant

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby echoraven » Tue May 05, 2015 12:54 pm

Chankgeez wrote:

Yes. :eek:
echoraven

committed
committed

Postby echoraven » Tue May 05, 2015 12:57 pm

neonblack wrote:So is the nano any different sound-wise to the micro? I saw an ad that said it had an updated algorithm.

I don't know. Saw a comparison where the nano seem just a hair brighter, but it was during a trade show so circumstances were probably poorly controlled.

A short time ago I purchased the nano big muff pi and could not tell the difference (aside from how the pots behaved which was a miniscule difference) between the nano and the full sized 'muff. (v9)
echoraven

committed
committed

Postby Chankgeez » Tue May 05, 2015 1:05 pm

echoraven wrote:
Chankgeez wrote:

Yes. :eek:

:lol:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby CyaNitrate » Tue May 05, 2015 1:58 pm

neonblack wrote:I felt bad yesterday cause my wife didn't see the PayPal notification where $200 was added to our account from me selling a pedal, just the notification where $250 was taken out. She almost flipped but then I explained.

I feel like many of us married folk really owe our significant others for tolerating our gear whoring habits.
jwar wrote:BRO! There is only one order! Bass>fuzz>fuzz>fuzz>fuzz>overdriven amp. :)

goroth wrote:Come up here and fuzz party. Yes. Fuzz party. It is a legit verb.
CyaNitrate

experienced
experienced

Postby lordgalvar » Tue May 05, 2015 2:10 pm

CyaNitrate wrote:
neonblack wrote:I felt bad yesterday cause my wife didn't see the PayPal notification where $200 was added to our account from me selling a pedal, just the notification where $250 was taken out. She almost flipped but then I explained.

I feel like many of us married folk really owe our significant others for tolerating our gear whoring habits.

Yea...my wife is awesome. I think she might be joining the "trade". At least I get to GAS for someone else for a bit.

I just got out of that "wake up at 2am and check yahoo.jp phase." At least for the moment. I will get an 87, Sakura boost, Green Monster, etc before I die.

Speaking of my wife, time to go work on the house...ILF, quit calling me back.
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby neonblack » Tue May 05, 2015 3:01 pm

lordgalvar wrote:
CyaNitrate wrote:

Yea...my wife is awesome. I think she might be joining the "trade". At least I get to GAS for someone else for a bit.

I just got out of that "wake up at 2am and check yahoo.jp phase." At least for the moment. I will get an 87, Sakura boost, Green Monster, etc before I die.

Speaking of my wife, time to go work on the house...ILF, quit calling me back.

Wait, I'm confused. Are you guys splitting up or are you swingers?

Or is she just getting into gear?
neonblack

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Next

Return to General Discussion