What kind of weirdo are you???

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: What kind of weirdo are you???

Postby Doctor X » Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:55 am

every time i leave the flat, i have to listen quietly at the door to check there is no-one outside in the corridor.
and when returning i wait in the stairwell until the corridor is clear.
i dont want to be bumping into some neighbour and having to make excruciating chit chat for what feels like hours.
Sold to: dan_abnormal (3 times), Abanoise, Kayzer, Ragged Trousers, Schlatte
Bought from: McSpunckle, RitalinCupcake, Tendollarcat, Brobee, Ryan, cedarskies, behndy
Doctor X

experienced
experienced

Postby Doctor X » Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:00 am

i've got various piles of stuff piled up around the place.
i had enough of it so decided to get a variety of storage units to tidy all the stuff into.
but now i can't decide what should go where, which stuff goes in which storage unit.
so now i have the original piles of stuff piled up everywhere, and the new piles of empty storage units that i can't decide how to use.
Sold to: dan_abnormal (3 times), Abanoise, Kayzer, Ragged Trousers, Schlatte
Bought from: McSpunckle, RitalinCupcake, Tendollarcat, Brobee, Ryan, cedarskies, behndy
Doctor X

experienced
experienced

Postby GAS KING » Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:05 am

Doctor X wrote:i've got various piles of stuff piled up around the place.
i had enough of it so decided to get a variety of storage units to tidy all the stuff into.
but now i can't decide what should go where, which stuff goes in which storage unit.
so now i have the original piles of stuff piled up everywhere, and the new piles of empty storage units that i can't decide how to use.

This is exactly how my wife is.
GAS KING

experienced
experienced

Postby kbit » Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:32 pm

I will live with something not working 100% rather than replace it or fix it, usually right up to the point of it no longer working. It's a bad habit.
D.o.S. wrote:I'm fucking stupid and no one should operate under any other premise.
kbit

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby rustywire » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:46 am

kbithecrowing wrote:I will live with something not working 100% rather than replace it or fix it, usually right up to the point of it no longer working. It's a bad habit.

That's the bricoleur M.O. Use what's available to get the job done without being wasteful.
In most cases I'm right there with ya, with attitude of "challenge accepted"
Then, out come the bush-fixes when [it] is no longer working.
I find high degree of satisfaction, if able to achieve (surprisingly) impressive results from humble means or "another man's trash"
Also such struggles have proven to be an effective path toward greater understanding...of gear and self.
[B/S/T shoutouts] Shortlist: Hollow Earth|Ct5|856|Condor|Thermae|OP-1|half track reel2reel|Prophet6 ... :whoa:
rfurtkamp wrote:The only transparent thing I own is a set of drinking glasses.
rustywire

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby weed_killer » Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:32 pm

Tristan wrote:
weed_killer wrote:-I almost always second guess myself, even when I know I'm right.
-I doubt I'm bipolar, but I notice I tend to go through different moods, almost like characters a bit, often with no real discernible reason, i.e. I can start the day upbeat and pleasant then suddenly slip into a depressive, self-hating state for a day or more, then slip back out. I imagine everyone has this to some extent, and I figure it's only if I can't function normally that I should seriously worry :idk: .
-probably the most laughable weird thing I do is abstain from getting involved with anyone cause I think I'd be too much of a burden on someone else, cooped up in my room making weird guitar noises and scribbling novels all day. Cause you know, obviously everyone else has perfectly pleasant relationships with no problems between either person, right?

With you on all this.
The second guessing in my case probably is part of my system (which I can't switch off) to make sure it's absolutely perfect / the best choice / whatever I guess.
Those moods characters are part of me as well, only I can also go through them hour by hour and I mainly experience them when I'm alone at work or at home.
Not getting (romantically) involved with anyone is also the way I've been leading my life so far, I guess also because I want to be sure I'm the best possible option for her, which I almost never think I am (or I have to feel it, the love, really strongly) as mostly I don't want to bring this moods characters burden on anyone else's shoulders.

The_Active_Conundrum wrote:Sometimes I want to break things or do silly stuff like swerve into oncoming traffic. I'm not suicidal or anything. I just want to do something that will have an effect. I am reminded of a story where a guy held a building hostage with a box of Teddy Grahams. The professor telling the class this story was trying to tell us how diagnosis and treatment can help things from getting dumb, but I just had respect for the fellow. No guns, no violence and just to see what he could do with a box of Teddy Grahams.

In a way I have this too, a need for extreme all or nothing situations.
That is the core I think, wanting to be someone, to do something special, to be special to someone and really live up to it, not in the half-fashioned way things usually are.

:group:

yeah, I think if everyone had to answer honestly it would come out as a really common issue, though no one likes to admit it, which is why this thread is a good idea.
weed_killer

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Tristan » Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:48 pm

I'm wondering how much of this is because of our modern society really, distraction by all sorts of media and also a growing relativistic way of thinking.
Been having some talks with my philosopher neighbour about this and he says that thinking in terms of better or the best is quite a western and relativistic way of thinking, which in the end, if you pull it towards its core, undermines itself as there's always something better to be found and some of the most important factors can't be influenced much so you can never really tell what is the best, hence life itself doesn't actually warrant such a way of thinking.
That was quite helpful / insightful I thought.
good deals with: the_brow, phantasmagorovich, alexsga, DarkAxel, goroth, The Wood Wizard, Tendollarcat, vbps, monkeydancer, intothegroove, Brobee
Tristan

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Sparrow » Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:46 pm

i spend too much time. organizing. shifting things into place.
small stuff.
like. a pen and note pad. and my phone. and laptop.

when i sit on my bed.

i tend to "shift" the placement of things around me.
i know it's ocd.

i don't have to do it.
but.
sometimes. i like too :erm:

Blue Strat - Jazzmascis - Tele.
Fender - Squier.
Dr. Scientist - Dirge - FuzzHugger - Montreal Assembly - Hypnodrone.

https://www.youtube.com/user/sparrow1133
Sparrow

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Iommic Pope » Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:22 pm

goroth wrote:
Iommic Pope wrote:
goroth wrote:I love the voice of EVA in the original Command and Conquer.

Was always a sucker for Zofia myself.

Damn, I had no idea that this existed. Thought it is the internet, so of course it exists.

:animal: :animal: :animal: :animal: :animal:

So we can both agree that girls with foreign accents and flange effects would cause us both to surrender our minds and bodies to the Matrix.

"HUMAN> SUBMIT TO OUR NEW ROBOT ORDER OR YOUR FLESH WILL PERISH."

"Never!! I'll nuke the sky before I let that happen!"

(request is repeated in sexy lady flange voice)

"Take my flesh! Take it now!!!"
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby goroth » Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:48 am

Yep. I'll be trudging meekly and dreamily towards the robot apocalypse.
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby Iommic Pope » Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:52 am

"Unable to comply - building in progress"

"Building"

"Construction Complete"
NSFW: show
WWPD?

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby sears » Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:35 pm

I can't believe I'm sharing something personal on the internet.

When a stranger or acquaintance explains to me something that I already know (and probably better than him), I get this shivery feeling.

What I do all the time that self-destructive is not saying anything nice about myself, or if I let something slip out like I could be good at something, shame myself for it for weeks afterwards. It puts me at a disadvantage trying to get a job or audition for a band. Applying to college, creating a resume, replying to an ad is excruciating. Or DOES it put me at a disadvantage and my lack of success isn't because of my presentation but because of my competence? You see how it fulfills itself.

I also never make plans or set goals.
sears

committed
committed

Postby backwhenIwascool » Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:13 am

I have perfect vision, better than 20/20, and yet I still run my shoulders into doorways all the time.

I have never gotten a black eye or a bloody nose.

In fact, I never get bruises, even when I smack my shin on a corner or something. I can't remember my last bruise.

I hate cheesecake, yogurt, and cream cheese. This seems to baffle most people.
Some people call me.......Cosmogang
backwhenIwascool

committed
committed

Postby goroth » Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:22 am

Dude Pope, I dunno how you came up with that list but those tunes are both totally appropriate and also all songs that I've listened to and loved for years. Jeez, I remember when demanufacture came out... So mindblowing.
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby Iommic Pope » Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:30 am

Yeah it was a rad album.

Because 90s metal and 90s strategy games belong together.

WWPD?

Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion