This one goes out to "Chuck & Nancy":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRsJpYPm3Ak

Re: All I wanna do is #MAGA

Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:48 am

President Kid Rock 2024!

[vimeo]http://vimeo.com/232845595[/vimeo]

Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:16 pm

infamousalien wrote:President Kid Rock 2024!

Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:19 pm

Looks like Trump isnt letting Jose into the US.

Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:21 pm

No, I suppose he wouldn't. "Harvey" and "Irma" sounded white enough. They's bad "hombres" though.

Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:26 pm

I typed a really funny and ironic response but rereading it can come off as racist if you didnt know I was joking. And I am certainly not.
So trust me, it was funny.

Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:57 pm

:lol:
We need a font for nuance.

Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:00 pm

Make your own jokes. As a white guy who shaves his head because of male pattern awesomeness I am sensitive about being perceived as a racist. I have a beard, try to smile at people to let them know I am not just a big scary dude. Etc. It really bothers me that in 2017 we still have so many race issues.

Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:13 pm

codetocontra wrote:It really bothers me that in 2017 we still have so many race issues.

Honestly, I'd say all this was spurned by Obama's election.

Now, the question is whether Obama's election simply caused the first wave of racists (as opposed to the "second wave" following Trumps election) who had previously just internalized it to out themselves or if regular people who just opposed him for other reasons ultimately became racists after being called racists throughout his election/tenure. :idk:

Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:21 pm

No. They were racists first... He just gave them a target.

Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:37 pm

I'll ask a question here because no one answered me on Facebook about it.

So as far as DACA goes. It gave people amnesty and allowed them to stay in the country with work visas or whatever they needed to stay. Correct?

So, I have a few questions. These are honest to God questions and I am in no way trying to be mean or offensive. I do not know the answers.

When the DACA laws were put into place could people who received amnesty also apply for citizenship or permanent residency?

If the answer is yes, then was it just something that was ridiculously hard to do?

I feel like there has to be some way that this could be done correctly and 800k people won't have to leave. At least I hope.

I have two brother in laws from different countries. One from Israel and one from Scotland. They have family as well that live here. All of them obtained citizenship but it took a very long time, especially for my brother in law from Scotland. It took almost 10 years.

It's clear that the system is severely broken and the process is way too expensive from what I've heard. So I think they need to allow people to at least have a fucking chance here. My cousins wife may get deported and she has been here since she was like 2. Same with my sisters friend. She actually I believe was born here but her mother is from Ecuador.

The whole thing seems really fucking stupid. I can't imagine how much money it will take to deport that many people. It's got to be astronomical. Plus, where the fuck are they supposed to go?

Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:57 pm

jwar wrote:When the DACA laws were put into place could people who received amnesty also apply for citizenship or permanent residency?

+1, been wondering that the entire time.

jwar wrote:I have two brother in laws from different countries. One from Israel and one from Scotland. They have family as well that live here. All of them obtained citizenship but it took a very long time, especially for my brother in law from Scotland. It took almost 10 years.
It's clear that the system is severely broken and the process is way too expensive from what I've heard.

I'm a first gen. American and personally know of how much of a bitch the immigration system is.
Literally, the only reason my mom managed to stay here was because of the political situation in Eastern Europe at the time and because she had a good immigration lawyer.
My sister has never been able to obtain a visa to even visit here.

jwar wrote:My cousins wife may get deported and she has been here since she was like 2. Same with my sisters friend. She actually I believe was born here but her mother is from Ecuador.

How could she be deported if she was born here? Only her mother could be, right?
Also, why didn't your cousin's wife get a green card after being married? Fears she would've been deported then?

Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:02 am

The last questions I don't know how to answer. I don't think my cousins wife applied because she wanted to remain a citizen of Portico, but I'm not sure. My father in law was like that for a long time. Actually, I'm not sure if he ever became a full citizen. He may have dual residency. Which raises the question, is that good enough?

As far as my sisters friend. I cannot remember if she was born here or not to be honest. I think she was, but I'm not sure. I also am not sure how these laws work. If her mother came over and she wasn't a citizen, would her daughter be a citizen? Yea...kind of confused about all this shit. I know everyone is. Sucks ass.
Post a reply