POLITICS: what have you done for us lately?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: POTUS election? WTF? #betterthananyTVshowever

Postby Chankgeez » Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:46 pm

snipelfritz wrote:
Chankgeez wrote:The only reason to vote Clinton is that she's a relatively better choice than Trump. :idk:

Which is exactly what I don't want to hear.

Who does wanna hear that?

Nobody wants to hear that. :lol:

popvulture wrote: I recommend checking out the bit on how he's gonna make Mexico pay for the wall! :yay:

I like how he has it broken down by day.

I also like how he's heavily defensive about Trump University.
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Faldoe » Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:56 pm

popvulture wrote:

Lol

Also, this just came out:

Faldoe

Postby rustywire » Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:04 pm

I hear ya snip tho I personally would stop at calling myself semi-smart. Get in my own way far more often than a smart person should.
I do respond to emotional appeals...but counteractively. It's weird being a sentimental fella who is self-aware enough and/or (overly?) sensitive in recognizing when someone is trying to manipulate my emotions, to sway or distract me. Lacking patience for "woe is me" wailing and ham-fisted pandering keeps things extra obnoxious :grumpy:
Also is it really such a tall order to request being talked to/not at? I don't want political candidates to sound like tampon & pickup truck commercials.
[B/S/T shoutouts] Shortlist: Hollow Earth|Ct5|856|Condor|Thermae|OP-1|half track reel2reel|Prophet6 ... :whoa:
rfurtkamp wrote:The only transparent thing I own is a set of drinking glasses.
rustywire

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Iommic Pope » Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:16 pm

From an international perspective, if you guys don't mobilise and vote against Drumpf, you are absolutely dead in the water, and you may manage to finally destroy the western economy in the process. You may or may not be aware of it but the reason the whole world watches your election is because it has quite a large effect on the rest of us. If your country can't do the lesser of two evils then the roll on for the rest of us will be fairly devastating in terms of international relations, conflict management and economics.
You might hate Hilldawg, that's fine, but you cannot let that idiot be elected. There is too much at tipping point right now.

I'm not saying never change from institutional politics, I'm just saying don't change for the sake of change.

I have a feeling that once the Stockmarket tanks, the Don will make you guys great again by selling half your assists to China at fire sale prices. So good luck that.
There's a fair chance that's the reason he made it this far.
Do you like my new tinfoil hat?
It renders all my previously valid points erroneous even though they had legitimate reasoning behind them, as well as lightens the conversation.

Seriously though, you guys can't vote for him, and you can't not vote either. Every single one of you needs to get off your arse and vote against him, even if you don't want to. He cannot take the wheel.
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Inconuucl » Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:24 pm

Eh, the economy is going to crash again anyways, seeings as derivatives were never stopped in the first place, so we're all just delaying the inevitable. :lol:

...:cry:
Le Ciel Inconnu (I was a whale once.)
NSFW: show
Chankgeez wrote:We should have a game show à la Name That Tune

Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 5 pedals.
other contestant: I can shoegaze that tune with 4 pedals.
Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 3 pedals.
other contestant: OK, shoegaze that tune!
Inconuucl: :!!!:
Inconuucl

Supporter
Supporter

Postby D.o.S. » Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:35 pm

Iommic Pope wrote:From an international perspective, if you guys don't mobilise and vote against Drumpf, you are absolutely dead in the water, and you may manage to finally destroy the western economy in the process. You may or may not be aware of it but the reason the whole world watches your election is because it has quite a large effect on the rest of us. If your country can't do the lesser of two evils then the roll on for the rest of us will be fairly devastating in terms of international relations, conflict management and economics.
You might hate Hilldawg, that's fine, but you cannot let that idiot be elected. There is too much at tipping point right now.

I'm not saying never change from institutional politics, I'm just saying don't change for the sake of change.

I have a feeling that once the Stockmarket tanks, the Don will make you guys great again by selling half your assists to China at fire sale prices. So good luck that.
It renders all my previously valid points erroneous even though they had legitimate reasoning behind them, as well as lightens the conversation.

Seriously though, you guys can't vote for him, and you can't not vote either. Every single one of you needs to get off your arse and vote against him, even if you don't want to. He cannot take the wheel.

Dude the problem is that all the people who have been drinking Schiltz from 8am to midnight for 30 years since The Factorytm closed are convinced that once Trump's elected he's going to bring the fleet of Job Ships over to China, stockpile them full of jobs, then dispatch them, airdrop relief style, across the country like a fucking Apricot Santa Claus.

And yeah it's fun to bash on stupid people because, y'know, they're stupid, but there's "ha ha not the sharpest tool in the shed are ya Cleetus, what with your lusty stares at your sister out of your troglodyte eyes" and then there's this:
"If I win, believe me we’re going to start opening up the water so that you can have your farmers survive so that your job market will get better...But we’re gonna get it done and we’re gonna get it done quick. Don’t even think about it. That’s an easy one. Don’t even think about it."
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:07 pm

D.o.S. wrote: Don’t even think about it.

… and therein lies our problem. :?:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby rustywire » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:10 pm

I want leaders to be strong yet not stubborn in their convictions, act like they've been there before but without arrogance.
My biggest problem with HRC...other than her voice...is I have no idea what she genuinely likes other than telling people whatever they want to hear. Also increasing personal power. I get the vibe it's wise to stay out of her way.
My biggest problem with Trump is the fact he wanted to sue Bill Maher because of a joke satirizing him as the offspring of interspecies sex between a human & orangutan. That's straight up Falwellian. How is he supposed to take the reigns as commander in chief when he cant take a joke?

And foreigners, I love ya but feck off with telling me what to do from other side of the globe. Do you expect it'll ever be well-received? I'm not worried about this election outcome; the USA & world survived the Bush-42 years. We're still dealing with the mess many of us didn't make, request or approve. Being angry and afraid all the time aint helping anything for anyone.
[B/S/T shoutouts] Shortlist: Hollow Earth|Ct5|856|Condor|Thermae|OP-1|half track reel2reel|Prophet6 ... :whoa:
rfurtkamp wrote:The only transparent thing I own is a set of drinking glasses.
rustywire

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Invisible Man » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:44 pm

I think an international perspective is pretty critical...no idea what you'll vote, Rusty, nor am I fishing, but that sounds jingoistic. Trump is an American Exceptionalist par excellence, which is his platform for ignoring outside perspectives. And we could use someone with less at stake pumping the brakes on this...situation, y'know?
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.

https://soundcloud.com/invisible-man-music
https://bradromans.bandcamp.com/album/figures
Invisible Man

Zen of BILF
Zen of BILF

Postby psychic vampire. » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:44 pm

Iommic Pope wrote:From an international perspective, if you guys don't mobilise and vote against Drumpf, you are absolutely dead in the water, and you may manage to finally destroy the western economy in the process. You may or may not be aware of it but the reason the whole world watches your election is because it has quite a large effect on the rest of us. If your country can't do the lesser of two evils then the roll on for the rest of us will be fairly devastating in terms of international relations, conflict management and economics.

But this is exactly the thing. It will be a purely symbolic gesture. Trump will never succeed in getting Mexico to pay for that wall, so in the end, looking at the tangible foreign policy that would occur, both would continue the mass incarceration and deportation of immigrants, both would continue drone strikes against the Middle East and Asia, both would continue criminalizing black people while allowing white cops who murder them to get off, both will continue to create policies that favor the business owners, politicians and wealthy elite who put them in power while making the benefits poor people need to survive smaller and harder to access. It's less like a single shit sandwich vs. four years of being a human toilet, and more like being a human toilet for a crypto-fascist neoliberal woman vs. being a human toilet for a fascist conservative man.

Does it actually make a difference whether it's a size 7 high heel or a size 10 oxford stomping in the faces of every marginalized person for the next half decade? I mean, it's subjective, but i'd wager getting killed by a drone strike won't feel much different regardless of which flavor of shit we elect president.
D.o.S. wrote:Hello, this is your captain speaking, our altitude has set to bleep so lets sit back and get ready to bloop. Ladies and Gentlemen, we are floating in space.
psychic vampire.

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:48 pm

… and nobody ever asks what the United States has done to make people willing to risk getting killed by drone strikes. :cry: :snax:
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby D.o.S. » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:51 pm

Invisible Man wrote:I think an international perspective is pretty critical...no idea what you'll vote, Rusty, nor am I fishing, but that sounds jingoistic. Trump is an American Exceptionalist par excellence, which is his platform for ignoring outside perspectives. And we could use someone with less at stake pumping the brakes on this...situation, y'know?

So much cosigning.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Invisible Man » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:05 pm

EDIT to indicate a response to PV, because there's a lag involved in posting while administering a bubble bath to a toddler:

Don't think many here disagree. But this is about potential damage control, and Trumpets are gonna be rabid about voting...so he has a good shot at winning, I think. That's the only reason I might get out this year...the last time I voted was in the mock election when I was in first grade. Ross Perot.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.

https://soundcloud.com/invisible-man-music
https://bradromans.bandcamp.com/album/figures
Invisible Man

Zen of BILF
Zen of BILF

Postby jrfox92 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:17 pm

So...
We've all decided we're not gonna, oh y'know, try to get a third party elected? :idk:

I mean. :whateva:
Zealotry for your shitty party is great and all, but when a massive portion of the country agrees that neither Hillary nor Trump should be sitting in the Oval office, why aren't you out trying to get people to vote for the other two options that are out there?

Media has been categorically ignoring both Stein and Johnson at the same fucking time they're bitching/fear mongering about Hillary and/or Trump.
So quit talking about this bullshit of, "Oh, we can't have that compulsive liar/American-Eagle-Military-Cop-Hero killer in office" or, "We can't have that racist/misogynist/oompa loopa/russian double agent/body controlled by a wig because he'll destroy the entire universe and kill/imprison all blacks/hispanics/immigrants/vaping-cross fitting-vegans" while also saying, "there's no point in supporting a third party because I'm lazy and it won't work anyway" because doing that makes you the problem with America.
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:19 pm

jrfox92 wrote:So...
We've all decided we're not gonna, oh y'know, try to get a third party elected? :idk:

:erm: That's not really a realistic option at this point. :idk: Hopefully it will be at some point, but not now. :cry:
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion