POLITICS: what have you done for us lately?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Malts/Frappes/Milkshakes are almost always dope

Postby Chankgeez » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:24 pm

Lurker13 wrote:
Thanks, Chank. And what you are saying is true, but I hope it doesn't happen that way. It would set a bad precedent.

If he is removed from office, I hope it will be peacefully, by Congress. I'll admit I was being a little paranoid earlier, but this non-stop chaos is making me a little crazy, and I don't see any end in sight while he is in the White House.

I think it's making us all a little crazy. :whoa:

I've been trying to ignore it as much as possible, but it's difficult to ingnore.

:group:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Lurker13 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:30 pm

Iommic Pope wrote:
jwar wrote:

I totally agree with you, but I think we need to try at least to kick the shit out of some of Isis. I know we won't be able to get them all, but some is better than nothing.

Ain't gonna disagree with that. They are shitbags.
Its such a shitty tactic to entrench themselves among the innocent. If there was a way to extract them clearly....
Lurker13 wrote:
Chankgeez wrote:
Lurker13 wrote:
jrfox92 wrote:
Lurker13 wrote:I think we REALLY need that law that says the president can't launch a nuclear first strike without a declaration of war. Because seriously, just how insane is Trump? Is he "Try to impeach me and I'll launch the nukes!" insane?

I think it's more likely you'd see a coup before you'd see an unprovoked nuclear first strike from Trump.
As much as people like to bullshit about something that absolutely fucking absurd, it's extremely unlikely that it'd happen unless the ball carrier was a rabid Trump supporter (and I mean Hitler youth level support, not "I'd vote for that guy if I were drunk and my only options were him and Hillary Clinton" kind of support), the entire Secret Service was filled with rabid Trump supporters, the entire administration was filled with rabid Trump supporters, and Trump was genuinely that insane. Which he's not.
He's not Kim Jong-un. Stop acting like he is.

Apparently you need a civics lesson. The president is the commander-in-chief of the United States military. If he says "Launch a nuclear strike," then a nuclear strike gets launched. NOBODY in the military has the right to question his decision.

Yeah, I saw it. There has never been a coup in the history of the US. You cannot depend on the military to conduct a coup just because they don't like the order. Military training being what it is, if POTUS gives an order, it gets obeyed. The Secret Service, the football carrier, and the rest of the military are trained to follow orders. And right now, he has the authority to launch a nuclear first strike, and no, he does not have to explain why to the football carrier, the Secret Service, or anyone else.

That being said, maybe the "I'll launch the nukes if you impeach me" was a little paranoid, but Trump really is quite insane - he's a narcisist, a pathological liar, and may even be suffering from Alzheimers (which would explain a lot). And he seems to be trying to lead us down the road to authoritarianism and make himself another Kim Jong-un. So stop acting like he isn't, fox.

I thought the military had powers against the commander in chief if the decision was stupid enough? IE, that one.

Actually, there is a two-man rule...my mistake. He needs his Secretary of Defense to agree, but can fire the Secretary for disagreeing. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Command_Authority
(Okay, maybe I needed a civics lesson. :facepalm: )
coldbrightsunlight wrote:Hey man, you can do what you want in this den of shame.
Lurker13

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:31 pm

:lol: Yeah.

Iommic Pope wrote:I thought the military had powers against the commander in chief if the decision was stupid enough? IE, that one.

:erm: No?

I don't think anybody has the authority to countermand a launch order after it's been given by POTUS. :idk:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Lurker13 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:32 pm

Yeah, definitely :group:
coldbrightsunlight wrote:Hey man, you can do what you want in this den of shame.
Lurker13

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Faldoe » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:37 pm

Lurker13 wrote:
Faldoe wrote:If Trump is impeached such an action would codify even more in the mind's of Trump supporters that the establishment is as Trump said it was and thus all Republicans that supported impeachment would be raked through the coals by those Trump supporters.

If Trump's Russian connection turns out to be a legitimate national security issue, then that would drive a wedge between Trump and enough of his supporters (i.e. the rational ones who voted for him out of frustration rather than idolization) that the Republicans could impeach him. And then they get their purge.

Yeah, I think you're right about that. There is enough residual or generational distain for Russia from WWII and the 50s/60s that I think most republicans who voted for him would disavow him.

Regarding ISIS. I think in some way we should have given them what they wanted and put boots on the ground and have a battle like they wanted. We would decimate them, though I'm not sure if they would take that as a cue that Allah really doesn't have their back if they lost.
Faldoe

Postby BitchPudding » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:45 pm

There are ICE raids going on in my area. Lots of people are scared, myself included.
ummohyeah wrote:Godspeed rule and no amount of tape would make their pedalboards safe from my cum.

ImageImageImage
YO YO ITS YA BOI
The Eville Experience: http://www.rosegonzalesmusic.com/the-eville-experience
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/10Qbd3gcYrfIyZ89HCArCt?si=4KZfzqj5Qiq-rG0xFPjckA
BitchPudding

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Fluffytime » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:18 am

Jesus fuck.
Meow.
Fluffytime

committed
committed

Postby resincum » Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:09 am

these ICE raids are fucking bullshit. bastards riding around in trucks with tool boxes dressed for work, sniping dudes.. a lady was detained by ICE after filing a restraining order over here against her abuser.. fucking crazy
i'm glad i can call you a friend. even if i'll never see you again
resincum

Supporter
Supporter

Postby waltdogg » Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:45 am

i've been hearing about this shit. it's fucking crazy.
D.o.S. wrote:Why do people eat steak that shit is gross

behndy wrote:lol. she thinks Brazil is wayyyy too unsafe. but i got PLANS.

MechaGodzilla wrote:man, fuck those big neutrik plugs
waltdogg

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby BitchPudding » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:36 am

Yea it pisses me off. My fianceé's parents are amazing, hard working people who bust their butts to provide for her. They're extrememly kind people and have been kind enought to not only allow me, her and my son to live in their home, but accommodated my passions and helped build a studio in their backyard for me to work on music stuff in.

To think that all of this could be undone just because of where they come from is bullshit. My SO shouldn't have to worry about if her dad is gonna come home or not. We shouldnt have to plan to apply for section 80 housing in case they both get deported. Its all fucking bullshit. Im disgusted with this country and the blantant racsim and bigotry thats come of this presidency. Its like we've gone back to the fucking 50's man...

To update y'all on the current situation, there was ICE agents at our local cosco supermarket, and stationed at BART stations in the oakland and richmond areas. There was talk of ICE agents at the community college by our house but those proved to be false rumors thank god. My fianceé's father and mother are ok and safe. At this time it seems ICE is making its way out of the bay area thankfully. Not sure if anyone has been detained since all my info is coming from facebook and twitter. The news outlets are saying fucking nothing.
ummohyeah wrote:Godspeed rule and no amount of tape would make their pedalboards safe from my cum.

ImageImageImage
YO YO ITS YA BOI
The Eville Experience: http://www.rosegonzalesmusic.com/the-eville-experience
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/10Qbd3gcYrfIyZ89HCArCt?si=4KZfzqj5Qiq-rG0xFPjckA
BitchPudding

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Faldoe » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:12 pm

ICE just needs to stick with deporting people that really shouldn't be here.
Faldoe

Postby Chankgeez » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:35 pm

Unfortunately, that seems to be the crux of the issue: who should or shouldn't be here. :cry: :hug:

(Also, note to future Presidents: you may wanna try actually attending to your presidential duties before you start campaigning for the next election less than a month into your first term in office. :idk: )
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Strange Tales » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:34 pm

Well that latest press conference was...

new word? It kicked everything up to "you're never leaving this acid trip" bad.
木枯らし // 木漏れ日 // 風に綱は戦ぐ

Strange Tales Distro - Japanese Underground Music Distribution in the US

Invisible Man wrote:Strange Tales: putting the ‘weeb’ in ‘dweeb’ since whenever.
Strange Tales

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby tremolo3 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:05 pm

Faldoe wrote:ICE just needs to stick with deporting people that really shouldn't be here.

[clarification needed]
John wrote:"guys play quiet, listen to my small costly device."

PumpkinPieces wrote:Fer shoogaze

tuffteef wrote:all you need is a big muff and feelings
tremolo3

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Faldoe » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:18 pm

tremolo3 wrote:
Faldoe wrote:ICE just needs to stick with deporting people that really shouldn't be here.

[clarification needed]

There have already been good criteria listed. Though DUI is on there and I wouldn't totally agree with deporting someone if they have a DUI where they didn't injure or kill someone. But the rest: murder, rape, violent crime, drug dealing - if person had no prior or serious offenses and the drugs were say Pot and in not huge quantities, then I don't think that should be a deportable offense.

This is from the DHS:

https://www.dhs.gov/sites/default/files ... retion.pdf

Priority 1 (threats to national security, border security, and public safety)
Aliens described in this priority represent the highest priority to which
enforcement resources should be directed:
(a) aliens engaged in or suspected of terrorism or espionage, or who
otherwise pose a danger to national security;
(b) aliens apprehended at the border or ports of entry while attempting to
unlawfully enter the United States;
(c) aliens convicted of an offense for which an element was active
participation in a criminal street gang, as defined in 18 U.S.C. § 52 l(a), or
aliens not younger than 16 years of age who intentionally participated in
an organized criminal gang to further the illegal activity of the gang;
(d) aliens convicted of an offense classified as a felony in the convicting
jurisdiction, other than a state or local offense for which an essential