What are you cooking?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

What are you cooking?

Postby friendship » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:18 pm

What are you cooking today?

Last night, I slow-baked some chicken thighs and made rice with the juice runoff and served them with kale. I have a bunch of chicken leftover so I'm going to shred it and toss it with some sauteed onions and pepper and put them on tacos with cheese and salsa.
sound journal

actualidiot wrote:12-bit's almost analog, right?
friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: What are you cooking?

Postby WayToHip » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:31 pm

^^^ I'll buy a whole chicken, butcher it myself, and portion off the chicken for single serve sizes and freeze what I don't need then. I like the lack of leftovers and how I could have chicken and rice every day and not be bored or repeat.

I'm having red lentils and rice with curried root vegetables. I was cleaning out my fridge and found a turnip, part of cabbage, and floppy celery, so I stewed them with some cream and spices.
Tom Dalton wrote:"I want to be as big as I can if it's going to stop a bullet."
WayToHip

experienced
experienced

Postby friendship » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:58 am

WayToHip wrote:^^^ I'll buy a whole chicken, butcher it myself, and portion off the chicken for single serve sizes and freeze what I don't need then. I like the lack of leftovers and how I could have chicken and rice every day and not be bored or repeat.

I'm having red lentils and rice with curried root vegetables. I was cleaning out my fridge and found a turnip, part of cabbage, and floppy celery, so I stewed them with some cream and spices.

That sounds good as hell. Isn't it the best feeling when you can make a meal out of some rando stuff you have kicking around?

Tacos came out good, might use the leftovers to make some enchiladas tonight because enchiladas are best ladas.

Oh I also made a variation of this dish which was fast, cheap, and super flavorful. Highly recommended as a lazy dinner or lunch. http://www.saveur.com/article/Recipes/G ... on-Noodles
sound journal

friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:23 pm

I've been cooking & eating tempeh tacos almost every day. :D
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby friendship » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:27 pm

Nice! How are you preparing the tempeh?
sound journal

friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:12 pm

Usually simmering in a pot in a little bit of vegetable stock.

I like frying it in a pan too, but, if you fry it without steaming first, it soaks up too much of the oil. So, I don't prepare it that way too often because of the extra step/increased cooking time. :idk: :snax:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:21 pm

Today I'm going to make fried potatoes, roast cauliflower with an anchovy & caper sauce, and roasted lentils & red pepper.
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby kbit » Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:47 pm

Yesterday I made chicken soup from a left over chicken carcass that my friend slathered in butter and rosemary. Potatoes, carrots, celery and turnips were already in there. Picking all the meat off of the carcass was oddly satisfying.

Last week I friend up some okra and stuck in in some grilled cheese with chili sauce.

Gonna make some greens and beans later this week with kale.

Basically I love delicious easy meals.
D.o.S. wrote:I'm fucking stupid and no one should operate under any other premise.
kbit

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby phantasmagorovich » Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:21 pm

Since it's a traditional flu medicine I've had some chicken soup (I used the canned variety because when I'm ill I don't give a fuck).
I spiced it up and made it even more medicinal with a bit of cut up Ginger, a jalapeño pepper and the juice of half a lemon and half a lime I had lying around.

Hope I'll be better soon. At least now I'm sweating like crazy.
phantasmagorovich

Supporter
Supporter

Postby kbit » Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:31 pm

Mmmmmm that sounds good. I love when food makes me sweat.
D.o.S. wrote:I'm fucking stupid and no one should operate under any other premise.
kbit

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:55 pm

kbithecrowing wrote:
Last week I friend up some okra ...

I love friending up okra. :snax:
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby friendship » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:36 pm

monkeydancer wrote:Today I'm going to make fried potatoes, roast cauliflower with an anchovy & caper sauce, and roasted lentils & red pepper.

Cool, tell me more about this anchovy and caper sauce (unless it's an ancient secret)
sound journal

friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby odontophobia » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:38 pm

potato, onion and pepper hash with some fried eggs.
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby WayToHip » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:29 pm

kbithecrowing wrote:Yesterday I made chicken soup from a left over chicken carcass that my friend slathered in butter and rosemary. Potatoes, carrots, celery and turnips were already in there. Picking all the meat off of the carcass was oddly satisfying.
Last week I friend up some okra and stuck in in some grilled cheese with chili sauce.
Gonna make some greens and beans later this week with kale.
Basically I love delicious easy meals.

phantasmagorovich wrote:Since it's a traditional flu medicine I've had some chicken soup (I used the canned variety because when I'm ill I don't give a fuck).
I spiced it up and made it even more medicinal with a bit of cut up Ginger, a jalapeño pepper and the juice of half a lemon and half a lime I had lying around.
Hope I'll be better soon. At least now I'm sweating like crazy.

UGHHH, now I want chicken soup. I made a basic tomato sauce then added three Thai chilies, a large spoon of garlic, and red pepper paste. I put it some tortellini from the freezer and now my nostrils are now completely unclogged, and I didn't know I was sick.
Tom Dalton wrote:"I want to be as big as I can if it's going to stop a bullet."
WayToHip

experienced
experienced

Postby UncleBBQ » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:28 pm

I am making some mother fucking Philly Cheesesteaks when I get home from work. Shit is gonna be so cash, yo.
Hacksaw approves this message.
UncleBBQ

committed
committed

Next

Return to General Discussion