What are you cooking?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: What are you cooking?

Postby snipelfritz » Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:05 pm

I made ramen with green pepper and carrot and shrimpies. Make it extra spicy and eat the shrimpies with sriracha.

That's my 7pm breakfast.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA

Behndy wrote:i don't like people with "talent" and "skills" that don't feel the need to cover their inadequacies under good time happy sounds.
snipelfritz

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Aquietcabin1978 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:14 pm

Sister in law and her husband came into town from Michigan. Made some most excellent burgers for dinner. 3 pounds of 85/15 mixed with 1 pound of chopped raw bacon. Seasoned with blackening seasoning, chopped garlic, and fluer de sol. Brioche buns with Butter kause and Swiss cheese. A little red onion and sliced Roma tomatoes for toppers. Fresh cut fries And sautéed green beans on the side.
jwar wrote:I'd tell both you guys to eat a dick, but it's against the vibe of the thread. Dicks are meat right? ;) haha

Invisible Man wrote:All roads lead to butt stuff.
Aquietcabin1978

Supporter
Supporter

Postby snipelfritz » Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:38 pm

That sounds deeeelish. I've come to discover lately that I can use fresh garlic in just about everything.

(also I've been rewatching The Critic the last couple days which was the main point of this comment)
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA

Behndy wrote:i don't like people with "talent" and "skills" that don't feel the need to cover their inadequacies under good time happy sounds.
snipelfritz

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby friendship » Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:55 am

Man putting effort into a pot of beans really pays off.

Boiled black beans in water, onion halves, crushed garlic, bay leaf, and a dried chipotle.
While that was going, fried some minced bacon, removed the bacon and added some chopped onions, garlic and spices.
Deglazed with some of the bean broth, added chopped tomatoes and a diced pickled serrano.
Stewed that for a while and then added the beans, the bacon bits, chopped green onions and some fresh lime juice.

Serve over hot white rice.
sound journal

actualidiot wrote:12-bit's almost analog, right?
friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:19 pm

Sounds real good! Love the idea, I'll have to play around with a veggie spin on it, love a good bean based meal.
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby friendship » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:58 pm

Yeah it's great sans bacon as well! Beans are so wholesome.
sound journal

friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby friendship » Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:32 pm

Friends who know stuff about preserving/fermentation:

I sliced up some fresh plums and covered them to the top with sugar, put a lid on, and then left them at room temperature for about 3 days. Then I filled the rest of the jar with gin and stuck it in the pantry. Was it a mistake to let them "cure" at room temp, exposed to natural light, for that period of time? They were totally covered with the syrup, but there was a little gas that escaped when I opened it to put the gin in, which I didn't think anything of at the time, but now I worried about death by botulism. Okay not botulism because that's canning but you know what I'm saying. Am I going to die if I eat and drink this?
sound journal

friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Invisible Man » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:31 pm

Eventually, yes. But it might not have anything to do with the plums.

Just a friendly reminder of your inescapable mortality (and mine).
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.

https://soundcloud.com/invisible-man-music
https://bradromans.bandcamp.com/album/figures
Invisible Man

Zen of BILF
Zen of BILF

Postby sylnau » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:07 pm

I just got vege pizza.
"I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones." --John Cage

http://www.youtube.com/sylnau
sylnau

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby popvulture » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:31 pm

friendship wrote:Friends who know stuff about preserving/fermentation:

I sliced up some fresh plums and covered them to the top with sugar, put a lid on, and then left them at room temperature for about 3 days. Then I filled the rest of the jar with gin and stuck it in the pantry. Was it a mistake to let them "cure" at room temp, exposed to natural light, for that period of time? They were totally covered with the syrup, but there was a little gas that escaped when I opened it to put the gin in, which I didn't think anything of at the time, but now I worried about death by botulism. Okay not botulism because that's canning but you know what I'm saying. Am I going to die if I eat and drink this?

Maybe some help here:

http://www.nwedible.com/infuse-your-booze-a-complete-guide-to-diy-flavored-liquors/

I've never infused any booze, but I've done a pretty good bit of fermentation, kombucha and sauerkraut being the most frequent. Can't say for sure, but I'm doubtful that there's gonna be some kind of lethal, unseen killer in your plums. Usually if there's something wrong, it's going to smell really awful or you're going to see some gnarly shit forming on top.
neonblack wrote:They say tone is in the hooks

D.o.S. wrote:I'm pretty sure moderation leads to Mustang Sally.

coldbrightsunlight wrote:Yes I am a soppy pop person at heart I think with noises round the edge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JphJfwsUbT4
popvulture

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:47 pm

Yeah, I'm not sure they shoulda been left out for 3 days, but I'd think the sugar and alcohol would probably take care of things. :idk:

Best to do some more research on the subject. :snax:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby friendship » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:37 pm

popvulture wrote:
friendship wrote:Friends who know stuff about preserving/fermentation:

Maybe some help here:

http://www.nwedible.com/infuse-your-booze-a-complete-guide-to-diy-flavored-liquors/

I've never infused any booze, but I've done a pretty good bit of fermentation, kombucha and sauerkraut being the most frequent. Can't say for sure, but I'm doubtful that there's gonna be some kind of lethal, unseen killer in your plums. Usually if there's something wrong, it's going to smell really awful or you're going to see some gnarly shit forming on top.

nice, it smelled pretty good before I put the gin in, and also now.

Also, suddenly realizing the irony of worrying about being poisoned by something when I literally filled it with poison.
sound journal

friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby popvulture » Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:24 pm

Yeah, anaerobic fermentation needs some kind of vent—that hiss of air was probably just bacteria farts with nowhere to go :D

Like Chank said though, prob good idea to read up a little more. I will say, that shit's fun as hell and definitely a little bit of a daredevilish thrill—every time I ferment something, I think of how ballsy the person was who first gave it a taste, haha :idk:
neonblack wrote:They say tone is in the hooks

D.o.S. wrote:I'm pretty sure moderation leads to Mustang Sally.

coldbrightsunlight wrote:Yes I am a soppy pop person at heart I think with noises round the edge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JphJfwsUbT4
popvulture

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:43 pm

snipelfritz wrote:I made ramen with green pepper and carrot and shrimpies. Make it extra spicy and eat the shrimpies with sriracha.

That's my 7pm breakfast.

...brethren...I like to also throw like 4 eggs in there...and a bunch of fried wong tong crackers... :animal:

I had a Red Baron Frozen Pizza tonight...Bacon lovers...pretty amazing...

I have developed quite the taste for what would be labeled as
NSFW: show
shitty
food.
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby aens_wife » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:49 am

I am making some orange cardamom ice cream, curried collard greens and some yet-to-be-determined kind of chicken tonight.

Pretty excited to eat dinner tonight.
aens_wife

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion