Posting too much. Boredom. Life. Other things.

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Posting too much. Boredom. Life. Other things.

Postby weed_killer » Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:41 am

BitchPudding wrote:I too need to get outside more. I just don't. I usually just engross myself in writing music endlessly and all my time goes into that. Probably not healthy.

add writing stories/novels with writing music and I'm in the same boat. I constantly feel like everybody else is out living their lives while I'm cooped up in my room, but at the same time I have this notion that if I don't push myself into creating a constant body of creative work then I'm wasting time. I honestly can't remember the last time I didn't have any projects on the go and just...existed.
weed_killer

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby BitchPudding » Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:07 am

I feel it. Then again I feel like if I don't create something, life would be weird.
ummohyeah wrote:Godspeed rule and no amount of tape would make their pedalboards safe from my cum.

ImageImageImage
YO YO ITS YA BOI
The Eville Experience: http://www.rosegonzalesmusic.com/the-eville-experience
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/10Qbd3gcYrfIyZ89HCArCt?si=4KZfzqj5Qiq-rG0xFPjckA
BitchPudding

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby weed_killer » Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:14 am

BitchPudding wrote:I feel it. Then again I feel like if I don't create something, life would be weird.

yes, that's exactly it. I can't imagine myself living any other way. Just seems lacking.
weed_killer

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Eivind August » Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:42 am

weed_killer wrote:
BitchPudding wrote:I too need to get outside more. I just don't. I usually just engross myself in writing music endlessly and all my time goes into that. Probably not healthy.

add writing stories/novels with writing music and I'm in the same boat. I constantly feel like everybody else is out living their lives while I'm cooped up in my room, but at the same time I have this notion that if I don't push myself into creating a constant body of creative work then I'm wasting time. I honestly can't remember the last time I didn't have any projects on the go and just...existed.

This is exactly how I feel. Writing unpublished books and recording music, all in solitude, and I feel as if I'm failing if I don't keep it up. Kinda weird, but I can't say I don't like it.

I know some likeminded musicians, and we jam and record now and again, but I think I've a problem cooperating? Like, when I'm making music alone, I work fast and I always know what to do, but it seems like most of my jams end up dead. I used to play jazz, and I like to just improvize and make grooves and shit, but when I try it with others they often don't really know what to do - I tell them which scale, and they're like "but what chords?" etc. And I feel like a douche when I wonder about jaming with "better" musicians instead of my friends.

I dunno... I know there are people somewhere that I could make cool stuff with, but I'm afraid there might be few of them in Norway?
https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
NSFW: show
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby D.o.S. » Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:18 pm

Hunt down Fenris.

Anyway, unpublished is unfinished. Once something's done, put it out.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby zeravla » Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:50 pm

tomlane95 wrote:

i dunno man, writing is pretty good! at least you are creating something with your time, i havent written a song in over a year, i always found it tricky, especialy alone but i have lost all my confidence, it fucking sucks
there are certainly worse ways to spend your time

I totally relate to the losing confidence part. I moved away from all the people I used to collaborate with a few years ago and got stuck working by myself for a year or so. Since then I've met some really interesting musicians but I've lost my confidence and it makes me really nervous to try and start playing with someone new. Add to that all the bits and pieces of music I start but then get stuck on because I'm unsure of myself and used to working with someone else and I feel like I've been spinning my wheels. I never thought "losing my confidence" would be something that would cause so much trouble.
zeravla

Supporter
Supporter

Postby goroth » Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:07 pm

Eivind August wrote:
weed_killer wrote:

This is exactly how I feel. Writing unpublished books and recording music, all in solitude, and I feel as if I'm failing if I don't keep it up. Kinda weird, but I can't say I don't like it.

I know some likeminded musicians, and we jam and record now and again, but I think I've a problem cooperating? Like, when I'm making music alone, I work fast and I always know what to do, but it seems like most of my jams end up dead. I used to play jazz, and I like to just improvize and make grooves and shit, but when I try it with others they often don't really know what to do - I tell them which scale, and they're like "but what chords?" etc. And I feel like a douche when I wonder about jaming with "better" musicians instead of my friends.

I dunno... I know there are people somewhere that I could make cool stuff with, but I'm afraid there might be few of them in Norway?

I know an awesome drummer in Oslo who might be down to jam. He probably knows some other dudes too.
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby weed_killer » Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:37 pm

D.o.S. wrote:Hunt down Fenris.

Do you consider putting words/music up on wordpress/bandcamp sites as publishing, or does it have to entail outside labels? If it's the former than I agree, but if its
the latter than that can be a more difficult scenario.
weed_killer

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby BitchPudding » Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:41 pm

I just put out whatever I record and very rarely do I decide something is crap. The whole process of writing and releasing music is the one thing I would say I have a talent for, so I. Want to nurture it as much as possible. I'm just lucky that recently it's payed off and I've gotten some attention for being a "fucking awesome bassist" (even if behndy is fucking GOD on dat bass). But I do this for me. The whole process of creating stuff is like therapy for me. It's my way of getting the shit out that I can't deal with just by talking to someone. It's the most effective way of dealing with some of my darker demons.
ummohyeah wrote:Godspeed rule and no amount of tape would make their pedalboards safe from my cum.

ImageImageImage
YO YO ITS YA BOI
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/10Qbd3gcYrfIyZ89HCArCt?si=4KZfzqj5Qiq-rG0xFPjckA
BitchPudding

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Eivind August » Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:42 pm

goroth wrote:
Eivind August wrote:
weed_killer wrote:

I know an awesome drummer in Oslo who might be down to jam. He probably knows some other dudes too.

Hook me up if possible, haven't played with a rhythm section in ages.

Have been wondering whether I should start playing more of my doomy riffs to fit in with the norwegian metalheads. But I'm not that br00tal.

Love the idea of fighting your demons with art. Great way to express yourself and let things out of your system. I let out all of my music. Have tried to publish novels via blogs, but never really got into it for some reason. Still in the process of trying to get published, but it's far from easy.

I'm never bored, so at least there's that.
https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
NSFW: show
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby D.o.S. » Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:10 pm

weed_killer wrote:

Do you consider putting words/music up on wordpress/bandcamp sites as publishing, or does it have to entail outside labels? If it's the former than I agree, but if its

Just put it out for public consumption. Some of my best stuff has been read by ~200 people, and some of my phoned in stuff has nabbed millions of hits. It is what it is.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby weed_killer » Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:07 pm

D.o.S. wrote:
weed_killer wrote:

Just put it out for public consumption. Some of my best stuff has been read by ~200 people, and some of my phoned in stuff has nabbed millions of hits. It is what it is.

gotcha, that's what I figured you meant.
weed_killer

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby BitchPudding » Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:37 pm

Man, this thread got really cool really quick, I must say.

Since we're talking about the creation of our art, you guys have any sort of people you look up to for inspiration when creating?

ImageImageImage
YO YO ITS YA BOI
BitchPudding

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby weed_killer » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:14 am

inspiring through their output, or the content of their work? For me, most people I look up to fit both roles, i.e. somebody like PKD, Joan Didion, Richard Avedon, Man Ray,
Neil Young, etc. Depends what the current project is, but I always admire the ones who kept after themselves to create.
weed_killer

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby goosekevin » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:52 am

derrick from twiapb
just does whatever the fuck they want, put out records of bands they love, make cool pictures and songs
Derelict78 wrote:That probably sounds awful in the best possible way.
goosekevin

Supporter
Supporter

Next

Return to General Discussion