gun things and the things they do

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: gun question thing

Postby D.o.S. » Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:32 pm

It's also inaccurate. The Constitution has been amended 27 times. It has seen 33 amendments sent out for ratification. The Constitution is 227 years old, give or take. it's an oversimplification to say that it gets amended once every 8 and a half years (or 6 almost 7, if you want to count the 33) but the idea that it's A) actually old by any decent stretch of history or B) totally immune to change is, you know, pissing in the wind.

And that's before you get into the rest of the discussion around interpreting it.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby theAntihero » Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:54 am

HighDeaf1080p wrote:If this country disarmed (of which there is zero chance of ever happening) what would we tell the people in rural Idaho, and North Dakota? "Don't worry...if guys show up to harm your ranch, or rape and murder your family, just call the police...they'll be here to help you in a few hours."

The vast majority of this country is RURAL. Rural in a way that most people cant get into their heads about the word rural.

Even in the city, when seconds count, the police are just minutes away. And when they arrive, they shoot you and all your loved ones.

I live in rural Idaho, the average police response time is over an hour. It's a real thing. Also something not mentioned but also real is i own guns to protect myself from animals.
Great trades with : Officer Bukowski, Bklingman, Jero, Jrmy,ethanxcampos, whiskey_face, doctorpoopenstein420, terminator
theAntihero

experienced
experienced

Postby psychic vampire. » Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:09 am

I know it's already been stated like 6 pages back, and i don't really love derailing again, but maybe it bears noting that gun control and islam are just the ways the two parties are choosing to deflect from the real issue that no matter how much lip service is paid LGBT individuals, we still live in a hypermasculine culture of domination and violence that tells us homophobia and transphobia are alright?

Like, sure these people are dead bc guns, but guns were just the means to the end, and 49 people were killed because they were gay.

Whatever. I know i'm in over my head here.
D.o.S. wrote:Hello, this is your captain speaking, our altitude has set to bleep so lets sit back and get ready to bloop. Ladies and Gentlemen, we are floating in space.
psychic vampire.

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby theAntihero » Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:39 pm

psychic vampire. wrote:I know it's already been stated like 6 pages back, and i don't really love derailing again, but maybe it bears noting that gun control and islam are just the ways the two parties are choosing to deflect from the real issue that no matter how much lip service is paid LGBT individuals, we still live in a hypermasculine culture of domination and violence that tells us homophobia and transphobia are alright?

Like, sure these people are dead bc guns, but guns were just the means to the end, and 49 people were killed because they were gay.

Whatever. I know i'm in over my head here.

I don't agree at all with the hypermasculine bit, but I agree with the deflection. Guns are inanimate so it's easier to blame them than face real issues.
Great trades with : Officer Bukowski, Bklingman, Jero, Jrmy,ethanxcampos, whiskey_face, doctorpoopenstein420, terminator
theAntihero

experienced
experienced

Postby psychic vampire. » Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:47 pm

What i mean is we live in a culture that loathes male femininity (for want of better, less binaristic language). Homophobia and transphobia is (more than arguably) borne from this loathing, of whenever men fail to adhere to the expectations of masculinity that culture places on them. But i digress. Gay people are dead, and we can talk about guns or religion, but the reality is also that many people in this country believe it's okay or even good for gay people to be dead.

(Also, the roots of homophobia are a far deeper and longer conversation than what i said in two sentences).
D.o.S. wrote:Hello, this is your captain speaking, our altitude has set to bleep so lets sit back and get ready to bloop. Ladies and Gentlemen, we are floating in space.
psychic vampire.

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Faldoe » Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:11 pm

People want easy targets - areas of focus. Its easier for them in terms of mental conceptualization and easier for groups on a political level. If you want to make a change, politically, its best to make the argument and point of focus as simple as possible. Often that means doing away with the nuance.

Its easy to focus on the gun cause it makes the potential solution straight forward and easy to see: stop the sale of these guns; you stop the violence.

That is easier to do than address the religious and cultural aspects in the Orlando case. The homophobia. And how it is both a religious and political viewpoint in Islam. And cultural and religious in American society - with Christian influence. But the "god hates fags" crowds aren't shooting gay people.

I do agree with the proposal to prohibit people on the terrorist watch list(s) from being able to get a weapon.
Faldoe

Postby Chankgeez » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:18 pm

They're gonna re-do Dirty Harry with Joan Cusack in the Dirty Harry role:

Get ready for Dirty Harriet !
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby D.o.S. » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:04 pm

good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:

D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:02 pm

Just out of curiosity, does anybody know what kind of weapon that policeman in the center is carrying?

psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby D.o.S. » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:05 pm

That's not a weapon, that's my wife!
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.

Achtane wrote:

D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:13 pm

Yeah, well, then, here's a slightly better photo of your wife:

#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby snipelfritz » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:22 pm

theAntihero wrote:
HighDeaf1080p wrote:If this country disarmed (of which there is zero chance of ever happening) what would we tell the people in rural Idaho, and North Dakota? "Don't worry...if guys show up to harm your ranch, or rape and murder your family, just call the police...they'll be here to help you in a few hours."

The vast majority of this country is RURAL. Rural in a way that most people cant get into their heads about the word rural.

Even in the city, when seconds count, the police are just minutes away. And when they arrive, they shoot you and all your loved ones.

I live in rural Idaho, the average police response time is over an hour. It's a real thing. Also something not mentioned but also real is i own guns to protect myself from animals.

I'm not Mr. Pro-gun control or anything, but if you believe roving gangs of rape-murderers are a credible threat in America, you're completely unhinged and don't have any place attempting rational discussion.

Just the whole "yeah, ima be John McClain!" attitude makes me cringe harder than hard my unrelated erection right now.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA

Behndy wrote:i don't like people with "talent" and "skills" that don't feel the need to cover their inadequacies under good time happy sounds.
snipelfritz

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby UglyCasanova » Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:37 am

Chankgeez wrote:Just out of curiosity, does anybody know what kind of weapon that policeman in the center is carrying?

Noob tube
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:40 am

I don't know what you're talking about.
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby D.o.S. » Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:53 am

Someone never played Call of Duty.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.

Achtane wrote:

D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion