community suggestions / comments / changes

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: community suggestions / comments / changes

Postby hbombgraphics » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:58 pm

I kinda like when people describe pedals in writing....not sure why

I am glad people are making demos
I have made some shitty ones myself so I get it

it's a cool practice, I do think organizing them better would be helpful
Gunner Recall wrote:This thread is bad and everyone in it should feel bad.

Iommic Pope wrote:This thread is mediocre at best, but I encourage everyone posting in it to feel as awesome as possible.

https://soundcloud.com/hbombgraphics
hbombgraphics

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Doctor X » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:01 am

i think a sub forum for demo vids is a good idea
Sold to: dan_abnormal (3 times), Abanoise, Kayzer, Ragged Trousers, Schlatte
Bought from: McSpunckle, RitalinCupcake, Tendollarcat, Brobee, Ryan, cedarskies, behndy
Doctor X

experienced
experienced

Postby Jwar » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:13 am

Uncle Grandfather wrote:I like that more people are making demos. I only watch demos made by ILFers anyways, and a video goes a longer ways towards giving me an idea of what a pedal actually sounds like than someone just sharing their thoughts.

See I like demos but a lot of the demos here aren't very useful to me. I don't play shoe gazing noise (no offense to those that do), but that's not me. I do make noise and do ambient stuff, but on bass. lol. So I don't get very many good ideas from the demos post on how they would sound based on my set up and playing style. Now alternatively, I do enjoy them sometimes, but for the most part I just don't listen.

For instance Knobs makes great demos, but his newest demo of the Wombtone leaves me perplexed at whether or not I'd actually want one. I can't seem to understand the direction of the demo. It's too much for me. It'd done very well though, but as a bass player, again, just not something I'll view.

People that make demos with baritones and call it a bass, I'm sorry that's not a fucking bass (I don't care what anyone says), I can't tell either.

SO I'm SUPER picky about my selection of demos. I can gauge properly from Kayzer even though he's a guitar player because of the playing style, Excane because of the setup and playing style and Mudfuzz because of the level of depth he goes into with each one.

So for me it's all about hearing it in a usable context. I'm just tired of buying and flipping. :( I know, it's sad. hahaha

Don't get me wrong though, I don't think anyone should stop making their demos. They are obviously useful, just not to me. I'm one person though. :)

I stopped making mine for the most part because I was tired of the low value they held. I need a better setup if I'm going do that. But that's me.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Chankgeez » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:48 am

Doctor X wrote:i think a sub forum for demo vids is a good idea

I also don't think this should descend into a debate on the aesthetics of demos.

We all have our opinions on what's good and what's shit.
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Jwar » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:59 am

I wasn't trying to debate aesthetics, I was just sharing what's usable for me. I mean do what you will, by all means! Please! I just limit what I listen to now because I can't get a feel for things unless I do.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Chankgeez » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:10 am

That comment wasn't directed specifically at you, jwar, but I know what you mean.

There's stuff I won't listen to (for one reason or another) either.
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby goroth » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:34 am

Tbh I don't have an issue with the number of demo threads. There's heaps of threads that don't interest me and I just don't click on them. And if you've seen a demo from a dude and you're all fuck that dinosaur dude, Robert Muldoon shoulda shot him instead of taking his time dicking around with that stupid rifle, then you know to ignore that thread when it pops up.
:idk:
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby Jwar » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:34 am

Oh I don't have an issue with them either. Just gets overwhelming seeing them. You're totally right though.

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Mudfuzz » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:33 am

Chankgeez wrote:
Doctor X wrote:i think a sub forum for demo vids is a good idea

I also don't think this should descend into a debate on the aesthetics of demos.

We all have our opinions on what's good and what's shit.

manga cost too too keep up… plus I need to get a mic+camera setup because I usually don't like my own shit due to playing noise and I don't like going direct…whatever..

and like I said earlier ;) :p I [and I know there have been others] ha have attempted to get people to post in one demo thread.. I could give a shit if we all clog other threads with demos :p but.. being able to search with-in the one thread would be easier and you would get opinions and banter that might be helpful all in one place.. bah bah bah.. I think for it to actually work the thing would have to be stickied... a sup-forum.. not totally sure if that is a good idea, the more compartmented we get the less mass evolvement happens for some reason :idk:
Mudfuzz

HERO
HERO

Postby Mudfuzz » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:45 am

jwar wrote:I mean honestly, I just think there's been wayyyyyyyyy too many fucking demos lately..

I wish this was the case when I was more actively buying pedals.. I don't want to think how much fucking time I spent READING reviews looking for the words "boomy" "muddy" "rumbly" as why they didn't like the thing so I new that they were a moron that didn't like bassy things :lol:
Mudfuzz

HERO
HERO

Postby Chankgeez » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:27 am

Mudfuzz wrote:... I think for it to actually work the thing would have to be stickied...

You should just PM PumpkinPieces and tell him to sticky it. :snax:
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:16 am

Mudfuzz wrote: not totally sure if that is a good idea, the more compartmentalized we get the less mass involvement happens for some reason :idk:

There's people in the Doom Room that have a shit ton of post that I've never even seen before. hahaha. So you are totally right.

Also I corrected your spelling... :p

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Mudfuzz » Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:25 am

compartmented is the correct wurd based on the tone and phrasing I saw fit :surprise:
Mudfuzz

HERO
HERO

Postby goroth » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:02 am

jwar wrote:There's people in the Doom Room that have a shit ton of post that I've never even seen before. hahaha. So you are totally right. :p

Yep.

I got some demos I'm editing - I'll kill my thread and put them on mf's thread. Get pp onto stickying that shit.
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby Eivind August » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:21 am

I dunno. I might be an egomaniac, but I prefer having my own thread for my demos, as it brings up some usefull discussion on a certain kind of effects. Wouldn't mind if my thread was moved to a different supforum, though.
https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
NSFW: show
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion