Adventures in Craigslist

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Adventures in Craigslist

Postby retinal orbita » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:26 pm

I made a trade and it turned out to be a super good friend of mine, we had drifted apart and hadn't seen each other in like, a fucking decade. We went out for some beers, caught up, swapped pedals, hugged and shit. It was so fucking cool to catch up with her.

My other CL experience is I want to buy a Boss CE-2 and everyone seemingly things these pedals are worth $180 for a scuffed to fuck MIT version and fuck you I was gonna buy one for $80 a few months ago and I BALKED because I didn't have a ton of disposable cash and I needed to pay my property taxesand now fuck you someone sell me a goddamned CE-2.
retinal orbita

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby futuresailors » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:10 am

DarkAxel wrote:alright, ad site in czech rep, similar to CL...

kay, so i was trying to buy an RV3 from a guy, listed for a pretty good price, however we talked about hsipping for a bit and we were like "let's split it"
so i specifically tell him yeah, so send the shit through COD for THIS price, i'll pay like two thirds of the shipping so we make it a round number (didn't want to deal with change)
a few days later, the pedal shows up, i go to pick it up at the post office and hmm... he charged me the whole shipping... so I sent it back without hesitation. It was small change, but these colours won't run...
I mailed him about it, calmly explaining we had a deal... the fucking shitstorm i got! I got called trash, poor, i was racially assaulted (he assumed i was a minority), i got threatened :lol: motherfucker was lucky I sent it back and didn't leave it hanging at the office for two weeks

but there are not as many weirdos here, generally... people are surprisingly cool sometimes

:lol: :lol: You got called a romani, didn't you?

Somewhat relevant tangent:
The first time I went to CR I brought my polaroid, cuz fuck it, it's still like 1990 there, right?
Went to a camera store, and they were like "we don't have that, here's the address for the czech polaroid dealer/rep" (except, you know, all chuchurietki sounding)
Go to the village thing, and walk up and down this road for like 2 hours trying to find a camera store or something. I forget how we finally found the dude, I think some old guy got suspicious and then gave us directions to the dude's house. So we ring his bell and ask for some polaroid film. That's all.

That was also the first stim I saw a hedgehog but it was roadkill,
Tom Dalton wrote:You're a dumbass for making this thread to begin with. :hello:

magiclawnchair wrote:fuck that bitter old man

smile_man wrote:
ifeellikeatourist wrote:Pedals aren't everything, yada, yada, yeah I know.

fuck you.

McSpunckle wrote:I ctrl+f'd mountain goats and decided we aren't friends anymore.
futuresailors

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby maz91379 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:36 am

Craigslist has just been me meeting random australian people in America and buying goods and being like melbourne I lived in Melbourne thatsunami crazy ah ha ha... akward. My Gumtree stories haven't been exciting I usually weed out sketchy people over phone and then nice music people show up and buy my shit or I travel far to meet sketchy bearded people and buy stuff from them after low balling them and haVing them drive me to their sketchy house.
IEatCats wrote: That dude needs a beard and a sad demeanor.
maz91379

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Cravillon » Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:57 pm

The local craigslist-like websites don't seem too bad, not that many flaky situations down here. I did once pick up a pedal at the hairsalon the dude worked at

I do remember picking up a pedal at an older man's house. he lived in a REALLY fancy appartement, and was selling all his stuff because he spent most his time abroad. His Filipino wife kept bringing drinks and snacks while I was testing it, and they got a little too intimate for my liking, right next to me. Pretty sure she really was a he too.
And he was a lefty, now that was awkward :lol:
Cravillon

interested
interested

Postby retinal orbita » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:53 am

I bought a pedal from some guy on Friday, I offer to pick it up because I'm nice and it was an okay deal ($50 for a CS9) and apparently my time isn't valuable, right? So he emails me his address, and I email to say I'm heading over. Turns out his "address" is an apartment building, he's left no number to call, no name to buzz so I email "hey dude I'm here" and wait 25 minutes in the cold while I wait for this guy to check his phone..... And what can I say? Oh well. Whatever. At least I didn't get murdered. I did look like a murderer, standing outside an apartment building for half an hour.
retinal orbita

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby BitchPudding » Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:52 am

Man, y'all have way better stories than me.

My only craigslist swap thing was a crybaby wah and a copy of Hotel California on vinyl for the audio interface I still use now years later. Guess it was a good trade lol
ummohyeah wrote:Godspeed rule and no amount of tape would make their pedalboards safe from my cum.

ImageImageImage
YO YO ITS YA BOI
The Eville Experience: http://www.rosegonzalesmusic.com/the-eville-experience
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/10Qbd3gcYrfIyZ89HCArCt?si=4KZfzqj5Qiq-rG0xFPjckA
BitchPudding

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Disarm D'arcy » Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:22 pm

So today I get an email from a dude who wants to buy a Boss footswitch I'm selling. We agree to meet at his place 4 hours later at 8pm downtown. I take the half hour drive to his place. I show up and he brings me inside his place. It reeks of sweat. He brings it into his bedroom where he keeps his stuff. He shows me his amp which is a Vox VT30 and shows me the footswitch jack. He then tells me he's not sure it's gonna work out because he has only one instrument cable and he forgot to ask me to bring one over. I tell him we can set one sound with super high gain and volume and the other clean and low volume and we'll know it works because of the static. After a couple trials and shit, he tells me he is not sure he's gonna take my switch because if he cannot plug his guitar in, he doesn't know if the switch will let him go from clean to dist like he wanted. I tell him it should work because of the massive change in the static we heard and that anyway, I'm selling low because I bought low and he should really be able to flip super fast if it turns out not to work for him. He tells me he doesn't want to spend money on something he's not sure is working with his stuff. He starts asking if maybe I could drive him to my place with his amp so we can try things with two cables.
I told him I wouldn't have the time. He said he'd send me an email once he had bought another cable. I told him "well, if it isn't sold by then" and went home. The bastard stole me almost two hours of my life, and a couple euros of gas and didn't even offer me a drink.
REVEEEEEEENNNNNNNGE I WANT.
Last edited by Disarm D'arcy on Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Good deals: OsbornKT, Phantasmagorovich, UglyCasanova, DarkAxel, Skip, D.o.S, ColdBrightSunlight, Eivind August, Goroth

https://linktr.ee/disarmdarcy

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Disarm D'arcy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Pepe » Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:25 pm

Some people are very strange. Image
Pepe at YouTube and Instagram
Pepe

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby BitchPudding » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:56 pm

Indeed.

Then again in my hood most of them are tweakers.
ummohyeah wrote:Godspeed rule and no amount of tape would make their pedalboards safe from my cum.

ImageImageImage
YO YO ITS YA BOI
The Eville Experience: http://www.rosegonzalesmusic.com/the-eville-experience
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/10Qbd3gcYrfIyZ89HCArCt?si=4KZfzqj5Qiq-rG0xFPjckA
BitchPudding

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby AxAxSxS » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:52 am

I just bought a 77 280z on Craigslist. It actually went pretty smooth. Car is semi dissasembled but that was in the ad, as well as that it wasn't running, put all the pics were accurate and there was nothing wierd at all, dude even dropped his price $250. Seems to be an all there legit car. yeah it's got problems but nothing to crazy.
Band=InfiniteFlux Flux on Bandcamp
"Ingenuity comes in the face of adversity, and nobody ever becomes a legend by following the rules set by society" -A.A.
Corey Y wrote:it's not obsessive gear hoarding. ;)

Infinite Flux full sets and demo's on youtube
whiskey_face wrote:that girl can fucking hit lemme tell you :love: :lol:

https://infiniteflux.bandcamp.com/
AxAxSxS

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby karmablock » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:05 am

Not c-list but I put up a Baritone Jet on reverb for a really good price $275 (I just wanted it gone). Even with that all the messages I got were low balls. 10 or so emails of how about $200. But one that stood out was a guy offered to fly down in his plane and give me a ride but since that wouldn't be cheap I would have to discount the guitar even more.
karmablock

experienced
experienced

Postby odontophobia » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:03 pm

karmablock wrote:Not c-list but I put up a Baritone Jet on reverb for a really good price $275 (I just wanted it gone). Even with that all the messages I got were low balls. 10 or so emails of how about $200. But one that stood out was a guy offered to fly down in his plane and give me a ride but since that wouldn't be cheap I would have to discount the guitar even more.

Sold in a heartbeat.
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby ShaolinLambKiller » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:27 pm

I would've asked for a plane ride and lunch. Cause I've flown before in small crafts so that in itself wouldn't be a deciding factor. and I don't want a Mc Donald's lunch either.

only craigslist story I have is the only one I did... saw a guy had a Sunn Concert Lead silver face model for sale. been up for a week, I couldn't do anything till I got back home from working out of town so I waited till I got home after 2 weeks and called him up. He still had it and since I included my phone number to contact me he said he was more willing to sell to me.

He said he didn't have anything to test it on but it worked or at least last time he played it. it was only 20mins from my shed so I went and picked up everything I would need to test it and drove to his apartment in the hood. I also made sure I texted my wife and 2 of my friends where I was going with the address so if I ended up shot in the head at least they will know the last place I was.

Anyway turned out to be some guy from Chicago that moved down, he was much older, and used to play in bands n shit up there but he couldn't find much down here and really wasn't interested in doing anything outside of that. I plugged up everything and it worked perfectly. aside from it having a fucked up cord. so I offered 200 and he accepted that.

Main part of the story is while on the way back to my shed to drop it off the reek of cat piss filled the cab of my truck and I realized it was the head. goddamn it was terrible. I had to fucking scrub it down to get it from stinking and when I had the cord replaced I asked the tech if the inside was filled with cat piss and he said no it was amazinly clean and didn't smell anything.

that was about it... 20 min ride of nasal torture.

only other annoying thing was someone else came up about 6 months later about selling a sunn concert lead but wouldn't answer the phone.
I like to keep myself busy:
My loud heavy boxes:
www.facebook.com/MaulerCustomCabs

a ton of my music
http://speedritualrecords.storenvy.com/

and a ton of my ugly art
http://www.cavepaints.com/
ShaolinLambKiller

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby patrick » Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:41 pm

Funniest things that have happened to me on Kijiji:

1. The time a really fat 50-something blues bassist came to my house to try out and buy a Boss BF-2. After he finished playing and gave me the money, he just went "...you ever listen to Joe Bonnamassa?"

2. The time I put up a wanted ad for cassette storage (shelves, those 80s woodpanel ones with the drawers, etc.), and someone replied with "I have one of these! I'll trade you for a Wendy's bacon cheeseburger lol". Didn't take em up on that.
patrick

committed
committed

Postby neonblack » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:10 am

neonblack

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion