Switch to full style
General discussion at the Wang Bar.
Post a reply

Re: Do you folks like coffee?

Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:57 pm

Hmm one more for this list.. like I need MORE coffee makers... :!!!:

Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:13 pm

Some of the best coffee I've ever had was years back in Costa Rica where they pour it through a cotton filter like this. My fave is still the French Press. I find paper filtered coffee to be stripped of too much of the coffee oil itself. Are there some fancy paper filters out there I don't know about?

Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:35 pm

adamajah wrote:Some of the best coffee I've ever had was years back in Costa Rica where they pour it through a cotton filter like this. My fave is still the French Press. I find paper filtered coffee to be stripped of too much of the coffee oil itself. Are there some fancy paper filters out there I don't know about?

It's actually called a "coffee sock" and is very common in Central and South America. You just rinse it with water and let it hang dry when you're done and boil it every 4 weeks or so to remove the excess coffee oil.

Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:46 pm

Bassist_Diver wrote:
It's actually called a "coffee sock" and is very common in Central and South America. You just rinse it with water and let it hang dry when you're done and boil it every 4 weeks or so to remove the excess coffee oil.

It doubles as a male bathing suit in some countries as well

Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:51 pm

I'm a slave to the double tailed mermaiden
^thats one badass cup...

Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:04 pm

adamajah wrote:
Bassist_Diver wrote:

It doubles as a male bathing suit in some countries as well

Or concert apparel if you're the Red Hot Chili Peppers

Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:45 pm

https://www.businessinsider.in/This-cof ... 549247.cms

:snax:

Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:33 pm

Chankgeez wrote:https://www.businessinsider.in/This-coffee-bar-employs-futuristic-robotic-baristas-to-make-and-serve-your-coffee-and-it-signals-how-people-are-warming-up-to-the-automation-trend/articleshow/64549247.cms

:snax:

Hi! welcome to skynet coffee, we hope you enjoy your extermination

Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:38 pm

Apparently, Scott Pruitt ain't no fan of Skynet makin' him coffee:

"Pruitt is also particular about his coffee tastes, the former official said, and would often direct an aide to brew him pour-over coffee, which he prefers to more run-of-the-mill brewing methods."

https://www.thedailybeast.com/scott-pru ... eek-yogurt

Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:49 pm

Chankgeez wrote:Apparently, Scott Pruitt ain't no fan of Skynet makin' him coffee:

"Pruitt is also particular about his coffee tastes, the former official said, and would often direct an aide to brew him pour-over coffee, which he prefers to more run-of-the-mill brewing methods."

https://www.thedailybeast.com/scott-pru ... eek-yogurt

Not all people that hate robots and bad coffee are nazis though :thumb:

Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:45 pm

These mofos were on sale at HEB so my afternoon coffee has a new friend:

Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:35 pm

I don't want to quote something literally 24 pages back, but I just discovered Peet's, and damn it's good! I just made a cup of Major Dickason's Blend, which is a decaf dark roast. Mmm... :drool: :snax:

Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:10 am

My only problem with Peet's is I use to go to Peet's in Albany a lot in the 90s and I never had any of the distributed stuff you can buy under the brand that tastes like I remember, it still isn't bad though

Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:33 am

So you're tellin me no one buys Starbucks threw a drive threw....fuck all of you....seriously...deleting my account. Bye.

Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:50 am

I was so confused the first time I saw a drive through starbucks. 2018, you crazy.
Post a reply