Do you folks like coffee?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Do you folks like coffee?

Postby $harkToootth » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:40 pm

popvulture wrote:... it's chicory coffee (Cafe Du Monde, I think, which is nothing fancy but still tasty and quite gnarly) done in a cool little pour over type thing (think less V60/Chemex, more some weird Moka type hybrid) into sweetened condensed milk. It's like rocket fuel.

That's what I'm talking about! I love coffee that makes me feel like I'm on meth (or adderall :lol: ).
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby popvulture » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:16 pm

It's so good! :omg: Looks like this:

neonblack wrote:They say tone is in the hooks

D.o.S. wrote:I'm pretty sure moderation leads to Mustang Sally.

coldbrightsunlight wrote:Yes I am a soppy pop person at heart I think with noises round the edge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JphJfwsUbT4
popvulture

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:11 pm

I was at reanimator in Philly today. Had a drip of GUATEMALA MARCOS GOMEZ. It was okay but pretty good :lol:. I wanted another cup but feared I would crap my pants.

Description:
NSFW: show
Tasting Notes: Ripe Strawberry, Juicy Orange, Black Tea

Huehuetenango is one of our favorite coffee regions not only in Guatemala, but worldwide. The high elevations combined with the climate and weather in the north of the country makes for perfect conditions to grow coffees that often exceed and reset the expectations on Guatemalan flavor profiles.

Marcos Gomez is a producer in the Santa Barbara Department in Huehue, one of the lowest income municipalities. Most of the famers here grow less than one hectare (2.4 acres). One reason for low production comes from the difficulty the farmers have just getting their picked coffee to processing from the mountains. Rarely do any of these farmers have access to vehicles, and the receiving stations are generally hours away. So more often than not, many farmers like Marcos Gomez would combine their coffee within the community, and take that bulk combination to market. Here, our friends at Red Fox Coffee Importers were able to pluck this individual lot out, and have it brought to us before it got lost in the shuffle.

EDIT: Going to brunch tomorrow and...gotta be honest...I'm looking forward most to the coffee :snax:
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Blackened Soul » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:37 am

popvulture wrote:It's so good! :omg: Looks like this:

:thumb: vietnamese and thai coffee is a reason of it's own to go to those restaurants :thumb:
Blackened Soul

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:12 pm

Those things are not expensive. I may be buying all three of those (chicory coffee, condensed milk, that filter) this week....
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Blackened Soul » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:20 am

Um, we'll need a demo video review.
Blackened Soul

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:59 am

All the supplies come Thursday. This has potential to become my new favorite thing.
This morning's coffee is Lucky Jack Nitro Cold Brew 'Double Black' Fortified With Organic Expresso. Not sure how potent it is because I had some before bed last night and slept great. I did dream I got paid $800 Million to be the next Batman though. I would really like this dream to come true. :lol: :BATMAN:
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby infamousalien » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:59 am

Any good coffee roasters anyone would recommend ordering from? There are some pretty good local roasters but I'm looking to expand my horizons. :!!!:
infamousalien

experienced
experienced

Postby $harkToootth » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:00 pm

Blackened Soul wrote:Um, we'll need a demo video review.

No video, but I did it! This could be my new favorite beverage! Supper easy and no more expensive than my current caffeine habit. This stuff is dangerous though. It goes down quick. It is fairly viscous and gooey per the condensed milk...and oh so sweet. Feeling pretty good right now but I'm hoping this helps me transcend the void.
Fig i. Supplies - TOTAL $49.90. Shipping was free with PRIME. The most expensive item is the condensed milk (you get a pack of four 14 ounce cans for $16.90) but it goes a long way; you need very little per cup. 11 ounce filter was $10.95. EDIT I: What the fuck I'm just going to post my receipt Footnote*
Fig ii. Brewing - I used the Cafe Du Monde
Fig iii_a. Instructions I followed PT. I
Fig iii_b. Instructions I followed PT. II - I served hot. Will do iced next time.
*Footnote
Fig iv.
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Achtane » Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:44 pm

Nice! I just got my Cafe Du Monde in the mail yesterday. I made mine in a moka pot and poured it over some ice and sweetened condensed milk, and holy crap. It's extremely strong and also quite bitter. But when I made it in a coffee maker, it was more like a strong cup of "coffee coffee".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Louy7zH9guw
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby goroth » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:56 pm

It's just plain condensed milk yeah, not sweetened stuff?

I so want to try this.
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby Chankgeez » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:11 pm

infamousalien wrote:Any good coffee roasters anyone would recommend ordering from? There are some pretty good local roasters but I'm looking to expand my horizons. :!!!:

Start w/ Counter Culture. I like them a lot. Go from there.

goroth wrote:It's just plain condensed milk yeah, not sweetened stuff?

I so want to try this.

Condensed milk is most often sweetened. Evaporated milk isn't.

The Vietnamese stuff is usually made with the sweetened condensed milk.
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby $harkToootth » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:15 pm

goroth wrote:It's just plain condensed milk yeah, not sweetened stuff?

I so want to try this.

Sweetened...100%. No wonder the stuff tastes so great no matter how you brew it! :lol: :yay:
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby goroth » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:23 pm

HHAHAHAHA!

I don't ever have sugar in my coffee, and I was just looking at that cup there, with like 50/50 coffee and condensed milk... and I thought there was no way that could be sweetened condensed milk...

But that stuff tastes awesome so I assume this can only be a good coffee experience.

I should make it on dulce de leche...
:drool:
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby $harkToootth » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:25 pm

I generally prefer coffee black, so tonight I plan to try the Chicory via electric drip (right?) with nothing in it.

Seriously thought, that condensed milk goes a long way. It's going to be like 2 months before I get through the one can.
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion