Do you folks like coffee?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Do you folks like coffee?

Postby Dandolin » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:41 pm

:)* :D :joy:

Philly Chinatown FTW.

I had a set of four with different seasons, but I gave the rest away years ago....

What is it about a good mug?
Last edited by Dandolin on Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:13 pm

Oh, man, now I wanna Zatoichi mug:

psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Dandolin » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:38 am

"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:00 am

^That's nice. :drool:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby $harkToootth » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:13 am

$harkToootth wrote:Didn't love the Honduras beans. Taste buds could be off.

Changed my mind. Much better cold. I had a cup left from yesterday so put it in the fridge. Very tasty!!!
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby hbombgraphics » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:05 pm

$harkToootth wrote:
$harkToootth wrote:Didn't love the Honduras beans. Taste buds could be off.

Changed my mind. Much better cold. I had a cup left from yesterday so put it in the fridge. Very tasty!!!

This is a smart move, gotta start tossing more coffee in the fridge/freezer
Gunner Recall wrote:This thread is bad and everyone in it should feel bad.

Iommic Pope wrote:This thread is mediocre at best, but I encourage everyone posting in it to feel as awesome as possible.

https://soundcloud.com/hbombgraphics
hbombgraphics

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:49 am

Coffee experiments of the week.
1. Didn't have enough grinds to make a full cup of Ethiopian or Congo...so I combined them and made an African blend...it was very good!
2. Honey in coffee___eh neutral.
QUICK EDIT: Not a fan of #2. Keep your honey for tea.
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dandolin » Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:25 pm

Yeah, I did the honey thing one Saturday AM @ a local bagel joint and basically regretted it. Now I just try to find places where I can enjoy the coffee sans any sweetener. Which severely limits my coffee buying options.
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby actual » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:51 pm

The electric grinder I got for xmas broke the other day, a bit of plastic used in the secure on/off thing broke, so I can't use it, which sucks. However, as I've been grinding my beans in a mortar instead, I've been getting much better results in the french press. I guess it's because the crushed beans are coarser, though I tried several different levels of coarseness in the grinder as well.

Ps. honey in coffee is fucking gross, and this is coming from a guy who likes sweet coffee.
Mixing and mastering? Makeshift Audio
actual

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Mudfuzz » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:53 pm

Chankgeez wrote:Oh, man, now I wanna Zatoichi mug:

badass :thumb:
Mudfuzz

HERO
HERO

Postby $harkToootth » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:26 pm

Had two amazing espressos today. From a newer place 10 minutes away, walking, from my office. They have coffee from countries I did not know distributed. Right now they have beans from Rwanda and are getting some from Uganda. I will report back after I inevitably try them.

I went two days without caffeine this week...it was no big deal honestly.
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby goroth » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:36 pm

Ooooh, Rawandan coffee is fantastic!

Never tried Ugandan though.

I get a splitting headache if I haven't coffee'd by 10am. sucks.
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby $harkToootth » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:09 pm

You watch what you eat too so I find that odd. I think the reason I didn't have 'caffeine withdrawal' "I THINK" because my nutrition has been VERY on point lately. Lots of juicing and lots of healthy fats (Olives, Olive Oil, nuts and seeds). I'm not a nutritionist by any stretch of the imagination but I imagine the fats have something to do with the shit happening in your brain on a physiological level. This is just a hypothesis.

I would say cold showers probably help...but I know for a fact I took scalding hot showers the past few days :lol:

I didn't even deliberately mean to go two days with out. Wednesday, I was at an onsite meeting all day and forgot (too lazy) to bring my supply so I kind of just went without it. Thursday, by the time I realized I didn't have caffeine it was already like 3 PM so I just rode it out because...I didn't feel shitty.

That said, I have no intention of 'quitting' and no plans to do that again :lol:
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby goroth » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:29 am

Good to hear!!

I think I just get addicted to stuff easily.
The thing is, it doesn’t matter if I have one cup a day or four. That doesn’t bother me, but no cups= headaches.
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby Blackened Soul » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:42 am

So.. The fucking fuckers from the fucking warehouse fucking nabbed all the fucking keurig cups that were fucking not fucking nasty fucking doughnut shot light rost plastic tasting fucking crap, fuckers...
Blackened Soul

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion