Let's see your BICYCLE!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Let's see your BICYCLE!

Postby Chankgeez » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:15 pm

wfs1234 wrote:This is my bike:

What's with all that weird tape on your frame?
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby MrNovember » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:23 pm

Chankgeez wrote:
wfs1234 wrote:This is my bike:Image

What's with all that weird tape on your frame?

Did you make a bike out of twigs, spare parts, and duct tape? Because I really hope so :lol:

Jero wrote:More times than not I have seen people struggle up hill with their gears (or straight up walking them!) while I cruise on past with a single speed :shrug:
but I mostly contribute that to lack of experience.

Been trying to get a trail bike lately, but I keep missing out on good deals cause I hesitate. So many used treks & specialized in good shape around here.

I don't know where I sit with the whole fixie thing but I really want to get a trail bike with a 1x10 setup. It's so much simpler and I really find myself only using one of the front chain rings unless I'm going through the city.

Achtane wrote:I keep seeing motorized bicycles around here.
I don't really...get it, but whatever.

I've seen quite a few too. Specialized seems to try to be capitalizing on it. This thing looks sick! http://turbo.specialized.com/
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby Jero » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:12 pm

MrNovember wrote:
Jero wrote:More times than not I have seen people struggle up hill with their gears (or straight up walking them!) while I cruise on past with a single speed :shrug: but I mostly contribute that to lack of experience.
Been trying to get a trail bike lately, but I keep missing out on good deals cause I hesitate. So many used treks & specialized in good shape around here.

I don't know where I sit with the whole fixie thing but I really want to get a trail bike with a 1x10 setup. It's so much simpler and I really find myself only using one of the front chain rings unless I'm going through the city.

I wasn't actually referring to a fixie. Just a single speed.
Fixies have their place and are cool, but not my thing for general every day riding.
I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby kbit » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:44 pm

wfs your bike is rad :thumb:
D.o.S. wrote:I'm fucking stupid and no one should operate under any other premise.
kbit

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby 01010111 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:50 am

Thanks!

The tape's a theft-prevention measure. I heard Eugene has a huge bike-theft problem so I decided to theft-proof my bike as much as I could. So, I got a theft resistant headlight and taillight, skewers that require a special tool to remove, and I'm going to get a cable and weird bolt so it'll be super hard for the average thief to make off with my seat. I thought about getting a snake like in The Road Warrior, but I didn't want to be THAT excessive.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:57 am

wfs1234 wrote:The tape's a theft-prevention measure.

Well, it seems to be working, I wouldn't wanna steal your bike.

What kind of tape did you use? Did you adhere it directly to the frame? Why'd you apply is so sloppily? Why'd you tape up the fork?

So many questions. :whoa:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby 01010111 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:15 am

Chankgeez wrote:
wfs1234 wrote:The tape's a theft-prevention measure.

Well, it seems to be working, I wouldn't wanna steal your bike.

What kind of tape did you use? Did you adhere it directly to the frame? Why'd you apply is so sloppily? Why'd you tape up the fork?

So many questions. :whoa:

I taped the fork for consistency sake and I used gaffer's tape so it wouldn't mess the paint up too bad. I taped it sloppily to make it look super extra shitty. The orange tape is reflective tape and it is SUPER reflective. I started with a brand new GT Traffic 3.0 put on all the racks, fenders and everything then taped it.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:25 am

So, it looks like you've also taped up the headset. That doesn't effect steering?

Also, because of the climate, aren't you concerned about moisture getting trapped under the tape?
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby D.o.S. » Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:32 am

Chankgeez wrote:So, it looks like you've also taped up the headset. That doesn't effect steering?

Also, because of the climate, aren't you concerned about moisture getting trapped under the tape?

It looks like it's loose enough around the headset that you wouldn't feel much while turning the handlebars.

Real heads be leaning to turn anyway.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby 01010111 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:41 am

I haven't actually taped the headset, just the frame. I've considered the moisture issue and I think the tape'll slowly disintegrate making it look progressively worse. I can't really think of how it would effect anything else, though...

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:52 am

OK, I'm done with the inquisition.

(Make sure you register your bike with the proper authorities.)
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby D.o.S. » Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:00 am

No one expects the Chankgeez inquisition.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:03 am

Yes, well, consider Chankgeez an advocate for bicycle longevity or something.

Just looking out for that bike.
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Moustache_Bash » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:41 pm

Is this a good bike?
http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/bik/4113756754.html

I ride my dad's old raleigh technium mountain bike and it's pretty decent, but road bikes are waaaay more comfy.
Moustache_Bash

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby kbit » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:51 pm

Got my single speed. Its way light and has quicker handling than my road bike. Feels nice.
But I do still have to make a few adjustments. It's got riser bars which I want to change out for a flat bar or drop bars.
& a need a bigger cog for the front to give me some more speed. & bigger pedals.

But overall, quite happy thus far.
D.o.S. wrote:I'm fucking stupid and no one should operate under any other premise.
kbit

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion