Let's see your BICYCLE!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Let's see your BICYCLE!

Postby Chankgeez » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:11 pm

Moustache_Bash wrote:Is this a good bike?
http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/bik/4113756754.html

I ride my dad's old raleigh technium mountain bike and it's pretty decent, but road bikes are waaaay more comfy.

Sorry, M_B, missed this.

Looks like the bike's gone. Did you buy it?

Why do you think road bikes are more comfortable than MTN bikes?
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby kbit » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:35 am

I know I posted about this a ways back, but here she is. Single speed - free wheel, 2.59ish gear ratio so it's quick on accelerating and fucking fun. Some new tires will be coming and possibly grips / saddle / pedals when I have the funds, but all in all very happy with it stock. Spun around with good peeps for a couple hours tonight: parking garage, ice rink (wild skids), city overlook, waterfalls. Life is good.
Attachments
marin.jpg
marin.jpg (106.11 KiB) Viewed 5564 times
D.o.S. wrote:I'm fucking stupid and no one should operate under any other premise.
kbit

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Disarm D'arcy » Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:09 am

I ride a full stock Trek 3700. I'd love to be able to ride on a daily basis and using it in as my main transportation... It may happen soon though, when I'll move a bit more into the city.
Good deals: OsbornKT, Phantasmagorovich, UglyCasanova, DarkAxel, Skip, D.o.S, ColdBrightSunlight, Eivind August, Goroth

https://linktr.ee/disarmdarcy

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Disarm D'arcy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Uncle Grandfather » Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:40 am

my daily ride, fixed gear pista with nitto stainless steel handlebar/stem/seatpost

my cruiser, internal hub, gates carbon belt drive

my mtb, springs in the front and back
Uncle Grandfather

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Uncle Grandfather » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:49 pm

for everyday life activities, how many ilfs only drive when absolutely necessary and bicycle as your main means of transportation? I gave up driving around 2007 except for long hauls and weekend joyrides.
Uncle Grandfather

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Disarm D'arcy » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:06 pm

I'd love to do so, but transportation would take me more than an hour everyday - I've tried it, when it's a little less than half that with the car. I have a rule of 20-25 minutes that I'll break down here :
If I can make it in 20 minutes or less by walking I'll walk.
If I can't make it on foot, if I can make it in 20 minutes riding my bicycle, I'll ride my bicycle.
If I can't make it riding my bicycle, if I can make it in 20 minutes with public transportations, I'll use public transportations.
Else I'll drive the car, unless if it does take more time than another way.

I chose 20-25 minutes because when you add in a few minutes before and after for all the silly things you have to do to get on your way, you've pretty much lost an hour.
Good deals: OsbornKT, Phantasmagorovich, UglyCasanova, DarkAxel, Skip, D.o.S, ColdBrightSunlight, Eivind August, Goroth

https://linktr.ee/disarmdarcy

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Disarm D'arcy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Uncle Grandfather » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:14 pm

Disarm D'arcy wrote:I'd love to do so, but transportation would take me more than an hour everyday - I've tried it, when it's a little less than half that with the car. I have a rule of 20-25 minutes that I'll break down here :
If I can make it in 20 minutes or less by walking I'll walk.
If I can't make it on foot, if I can make it in 20 minutes riding my bicycle, I'll ride my bicycle.
If I can't make it riding my bicycle, if I can make it in 20 minutes with public transportations, I'll use public transportations.
Else I'll drive the car, unless if it does take more time than another way.

I chose 20-25 minutes because when you add in a few minutes before and after for all the silly things you have to do to get on your way, you've pretty much lost an hour.

i lived in the city so it wasn't a treck to any number of co-opts for food. that's really all i bought for years other than records and gear.every single day the only way I would get around was on bike. Now i've moved out of the city and zipppin around on track bike isn't really practical what with hills. but i've actually managed to make it work. it just takes up a larger portion of my day when i should be writing music and etc., but its worth it. out in corn country there's alot of farmer's markets that make a pleasant days journey, better yet deliver the produce to me. helps alot.
Uncle Grandfather

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Achtane » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:40 pm

Around here, you either have a car or you ride the bus. It's not very bike-friendly. However, I do live in one of the only cities where riding bikes on the sidewalk is legal :lol:
I wish I lived in a place where a car wasn't a requirement.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Louy7zH9guw
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Uncle Grandfather » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:51 pm

Achtane wrote:Around here, you either have a car or you ride the bus. It's not very bike-friendly. However, I do live in one of the only cities where riding bikes on the sidewalk is legal :lol:
I wish I lived in a place where a car wasn't a requirement.

i always rode on the street anyways, but for the last two years i lived there they FINALLY put in bike lanes all throughout the city within the outer belt almost. was kick ass, but by then?
Uncle Grandfather

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby zeravla » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:59 pm

Uncle Grandfather wrote:for everyday life activities, how many ilfs only drive when absolutely necessary and bicycle as your main means of transportation? I gave up driving around 2007 except for long hauls and weekend joyrides.

It's bike or train about 95% of the time for me. i share a car with the wife, so I barely have it. It can be a b!tch to get around Dallas sometimes, but my area (Oak Cliff) is pretty bike friendly.

I've gotta say, my stress level has dropped significantly since I started riding my bike everywhere. Traffic used to drive me NUTS. Now I actually enjoy my travel time.
zeravla

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Uncle Grandfather » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:33 pm

EvilCatBucky wrote:
Uncle Grandfather wrote:for everyday life activities, how many ilfs only drive when absolutely necessary and bicycle as your main means of transportation? I gave up driving around 2007 except for long hauls and weekend joyrides.

It's bike or train about 95% of the time for me. i share a car with the wife, so I barely have it. It can be a b!tch to get around Dallas sometimes, but my area (Oak Cliff) is pretty bike friendly.

I've gotta say, my stress level has dropped significantly since I started riding my bike everywhere. Traffic used to drive me NUTS. Now I actually enjoy my travel time.

I feel ya. And riding gives that endorphin high, just makes it all the more enjoyable. cars-r-coffins
Uncle Grandfather

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jero » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:05 pm

Picked this up last week...

I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby kbit » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:37 pm

Even though I have very minimal use for a mountain bike, I totally want one. Trails and jumps n shit, ugh.
D.o.S. wrote:I'm fucking stupid and no one should operate under any other premise.
kbit

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby univalve » Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:06 pm

Normally i ride 28 km on workdays daily (20 to work, 8 to Kindergarten w/ Trailer)
univalve

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jero » Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:48 pm

Heading to the trails right now! Jumps and various tops have been built throughout several diff courses within an awesome 13 mile gated off track through the woods in thw middle of no where.
I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion