Let's see your BICYCLE!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Let's see your BICYCLE!

Postby dubkitty » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:46 am

oh, boy, i hope i can find those at REI so i can get the year-end refund!
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

FIFTY YEARS OF SCARING THE CHILDREN 1970-2020--and i'm not done yet

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

DUBZ LOOPZ 2: Electronic Renaissance coming soon to a Soundcloud near you!
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby Chankgeez » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:40 pm

psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby univalve » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:03 am

I need to update my shit here. Bought two new fixed gear bikes and i'm selling two.
BTW, i rode 6000km in 2018. Personal record.
univalve

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby univalve » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:56 am

New Bike (number one - second one is in the buildup phase...)
univalve

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:47 am

:love:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby dubkitty » Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:16 pm

ooh, purty!
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

FIFTY YEARS OF SCARING THE CHILDREN 1970-2020--and i'm not done yet

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

DUBZ LOOPZ 2: Electronic Renaissance coming soon to a Soundcloud near you!
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby univalve » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:56 am

My first wheel builds are installed! Looks even more bad ass now.

On the right with the pink helmet:
univalve

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:00 am

:love: You should get a pink fairing though. :snax:
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby PeteeBee » Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:18 pm

Uni, those wheels look great! As does the whole bike. How was the process? I'm considering doing that as well as I want to add a dynamo to my front wheel and building a wheel seems like the most economically feasible way to do it.

Also, Are those bike boat things normal where you? I've never seen such a thing.
Iommic Pope wrote:This is the best you've been.
Suffering suits you.

BitchPudding wrote:Let this be written in our history as proof that ILoveFuzz is one tight knit internet family.
PeteeBee

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Chankgeez » Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:23 pm

:lol: They're just recumbents with full fairings.
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby PeteeBee » Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:27 pm

You make that sound so normal! I think I see maybe one recumbant bike a year, let alone with fairings. What's the advantage? I guess it keeps you dry and warm, which would be a huge plus.
Iommic Pope wrote:This is the best you've been.
Suffering suits you.

BitchPudding wrote:Let this be written in our history as proof that ILoveFuzz is one tight knit internet family.
PeteeBee

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby lordgalvar » Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:20 pm

You don't have to wear pants.

I think it's for aero reasons and maybe a little added protection when somebody doesn't see you.

Somebody rides one of those to the high school down the street. Most of the time she drives a pedal golf cart thing...like a post modern version of something you'd rent at the beach. The traffic hates her. She takes the whole lane and rarely tops 5 mph. Haha
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Chankgeez » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:18 pm

lordgalvar wrote:You don't have to wear pants.

Yes, the good old Co-ed Naked Recumbent Cycling Team! :!!!:

PeteeBee wrote:You make that sound so normal! I think I see maybe one recumbant bike a year, let alone with fairings. What's the advantage? I guess it keeps you dry and warm, which would be a huge plus.

:idk:

Different body position? Better for some things, worse for others. Depends on what you want out of your cycling experience. :snax:

To be fair, I don't think most recumbent cyclists ride with full fairings very often. If anything, probably a partial fairing. So, it'd be debatable if it offered much protection from the elements. Plus, I'd imagine full fairings'd be a detriment in a crosswind.

lordgalvar wrote:I think it's for aero reasons and maybe a little added protection when somebody doesn't see you.

Somebody rides one of those to the high school down the street. Most of the time she drives a pedal golf cart thing...like a post modern version of something you'd rent at the beach. The traffic hates her. She takes the whole lane and rarely tops 5 mph. Haha

I'm sure those fairings offer no added protection when people don't see you. :lol: :cry:

Speaking of which, that's why most recumbent cyclists usually have tons of those safety flags attached to their bikes.

Being that you're talkin' about California, she's probably allowed by law to take up the whole lane. Doesn't mean it's a considerate thing to do especially given the traffic situation around there. Maybe more people should ride recumbents? :eek:
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby lordgalvar » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:47 pm

The protection thing was kind of a joke and a more about them getting a full lane out here. I can't imagine most people going fast enough on the regular to get any aero benefits haha.

I miss riding my bike though.
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby univalve » Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:33 am

PeteeBee wrote:Uni, those wheels look great! As does the whole bike. How was the process? I'm considering doing that as well as I want to add a dynamo to my front wheel and building a wheel seems like the most economically feasible way to do it.

Thanks a lot! It is fun to ride too.
It is pretty easy. You just need patience and a wheel truing stand. I got the rims and spokes dirt cheap so the whole wheels are a great deal (less than 150 USD for both). I followed a youtube video how to set the spokes and how to do a basic setup for the tension. Worked out very good - it is not complicated just a patience thing. I already build 3 more wheels that all came out great too. My wife has now a single speed bike and i build a second back wheel for my winter bike: so i only have to switch wheels for spike tires and normal tires. I can post pics of these if somebody is curious...
PeteeBee wrote:Also, Are those bike boat things normal where you? I've never seen such a thing.

They (=velomobil) are becoming slowly kind of normal. Two of my neighbors sold their car and bought two of these to commute to work (30km (18,6 miles) single distance). There are two main companies: http://www.velomobiel.nl and https://velomobil.eu
They are pretty great for commuting longer distances. You can ride relaxed (!) around 34 km/h (around 21 mph) with these. But they are pricey: 7.000-9.000 EUR (7.800-10.000 USD).

That picture is from the monthly critical mass (bike event) in Karlsruhe and i was there with my neighbors and their velomobiles - that's why i'm right beside them.
univalve

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion