Let's see your BICYCLE!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Let's see your BICYCLE!

Postby Chankgeez » Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:57 am

I'd love to see my bike in this place:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWig7AVrP_A

:love:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby coupleonapkins » Mon Jan 30, 2023 3:55 am

Put me underwater I think I'm T.Rex :trippy:

Good morning!
coupleonapkins

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby lordgalvar » Sat May 27, 2023 7:19 pm

I need help.

Here is the story:
I live in West Lost Angeles. I have been taking my kids to school on a cargo bike for nearly a year. Each school is 3/4 of a mole from my house. There are no bike lanes and the main street and side streets are extremely busy, so I take an alley. Every business owner and neighbor knows me as the bike and wagon guy (took the kids to school in a wgon before the cargo bike). I have done 1k miles in my neighborhood since switching to the cargo bike and I take the same, what I deemed safest routes, everyday for that tenure.

On May 8th, I wad hit by a driver making an unprotected left hand turn to the cross street I was crossing from an alley. The light was red on the street I was crossing and traffic was clear. I can’t really get up to speed fast considering it is a 80-00lb non-ev bike with a big 3 year old on it (I am 225, strong but heavy….think nfl, and my kids is 40 lbs and tall for a 3 year old). I stop at the curb and traffic is stopped. I cross the traffic and look both ways (it is a weird intersection) and look to see that no one is crossing on the wrong side of the street (this is also a school zone).

After looking I move out and am hit by the car. I go through the windshield and my bike dents the 20+ year old Honda. My kid is in a safety harness and is detached from the bike and laying in the street. He ends up at the hospital, but is ok. I refuse medical treatment until he is out. The car drivers, one that hit me and the one I bounced and tore off his side mirror, kind of keep talking to me and blaming me for damage as I am stunned and really not there. I apologize but I thought I didnt see the light turn green. It didn’t: driver told the cop he was making an unprotected left turn onto the cross street.

I am now on the hook for damages for like 5000 dollars to a 20+ year old honda. Any advice what to do?

His insurance company harassed me via phone for over a week. They ruled before I gave a statement. Lawyers wont talk to me because my kid and I are tough freaking rednecks that wont get hurt. I’ve called a lawyer, but they haven’t returned my call (this one isn’t just for injury), and my homeowner’s insurance is being less than helpful.

I would think a multinational corp would cut their losses after an insuree almost kills a 3 year old, but they are coming after me. Suggestions?
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby lordgalvar » Sat May 27, 2023 7:38 pm

Forgot the reason they ruled against me:

Because there was a crosswalk a lot of ver (it is illegal to ride in a crosswalk) and they claim I refused to stop, they say I caused the accident. I say dude wasn’t looking turning onto a busy street. If I were a car, it would’ve been his fault. But bike, no insurance, I guess my fault?

Furthermore, they said I didn’t know this neighborhood as well as him depite doing 1k miles in this stretch of road, living here for 11 years, and living half mile away. The driver lives 9 miles away, had out of state plates (Utah) and did not have proof of insurance (had to call dad). If he had lived here for years, why didn’t he have CA plates?

Bike is/was a Yuba Kombi with an attached seat and monkey bars if anyone is curious. Wife won't let me ride anymore and had to buy a car.
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Chankgeez » Sat May 27, 2023 8:20 pm

The first thing I'd do is get in contact with your local bicycle advocacy group. I'm sure they'll have some good suggestions.

Just Googled and this was the first hit: https://www.la-bike.org/home-1

Looks like there's a good list here: https://bikinginla.com/organizations/
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby lordgalvar » Tue May 30, 2023 1:21 pm

Thanks, Changeez. Slowly looking into all this stuff.

Pretty sure the company is pulling a “let’s scare him and trap him before he can respond thing.”

Back to my old thing, I guess.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=80WyBxo0Hto
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Previous

Return to General Discussion