The Health, Wellness, weight loss, and fitness thread

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The Health, Wellness, weight loss, and fitness thread

Postby Iommic Pope » Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:11 pm

I was doing some lamo home YouTube yoga last year and while I suck at it, it was fucking awesome and i felt like a sex God everywhere I went.
Right now I'm managing a time/energy/stress crisis and while I know yoga would help me out with that I'm devoting all my spare energy to weights at this point.
I'm hoping to reach a threshold where it spills me over into having the routine Sussex out and the energy to spare to do something different everyday and cover more bases.
Usually with exercise I get sick and tap out just before this point.
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Faldoe » Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:01 pm

Alright, so I've had a gym membership for about a month and I'm really enjoying it.

I tend to stay in the machine and non-free weights areas.

I'm looking to venture into using more of the free weights - as well as everything else in the gym - to give me a well rounded workout and build muscles. Not just in my upper body either.

SO

What would you seasoned gym going folk suggest for good and through workout regimen? Also, I like to go to the gym as often as I can. Usually every other day but sometimes I go everyday for a few days. Is there a set of workouts I should rotate like every other gym visit? Targeting certain muscles groups one session and then another group the next session?
Faldoe

Postby Iommic Pope » Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:08 pm

WWPD?

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:15 am

TLDR

LOL
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby D.o.S. » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:40 am

Some highlights:
I*M BROKEEEEEEN!!!!

Well pantera in that case you should go have that shit checked out if it has to do with any of the movements I'm going to go through, and since I'll be having you rotate, flex and extend basically every joint you have in some way - you want to go check that out.

There are other points of views, this is what I feel safe in saying to people I have never met in real life or talked extensively to.

So let's have a look at milk, I don't even have to look at that shit I'm gonna drop it like it's hot cause i know it by heart:

Those are 6 exercises You'll have to do. Unless you need rehab or you've outgrown them (you don't outgrow them) these are BASICALLY IT.

Oh my god I forgot how glorious that thread was.

On topic I'm back on the yearly 'leg day erry day so my knees don't explode this season' exercises. It's fun. ("fun.") But it means I'm in better shape than I was this summer which is always a nice feeling.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Strange Tales » Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:43 am

"This Pea Protein is flavorless!"

CHALK ISN'T FLAVORLESS ASSHOLES.

But Pea Protein doesn't make me fart out Agent Orange like Whey so I'm stuck with it. Whatever.
木枯らし // 木漏れ日 // 風に綱は戦ぐ

Strange Tales Distro - Japanese Underground Music Distribution in the US

Invisible Man wrote:Strange Tales: putting the ‘weeb’ in ‘dweeb’ since whenever.
Strange Tales

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Iommic Pope » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:18 pm

I still follow it.
You did good.
WWPD?

Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Iommic Pope » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:08 pm

:hug:
Awe, thanks mate. To you and yours, as well.
I like that mid-less notch :cool:
WWPD?

Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby popvulture » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:58 pm

So, after treating myself like shit this past holiday season into the new year, I've decided to go vegan for a month and see how it makes me feel. I was eating horrible shit to make myself feel better, and it definitely wasn't working in the long run—I didn't feel physically good at all, and my pants were definitely getting significantly tighter, which made me feel shitty in another department to boot.

Genuinely curious how this is going to work. I don't necessarily have plans to stick to it forever, but I do imagine that it'll affect my overall eating habits once I do decide to start eating animal products again. Been reading articles on Seriouseats.com, which have proven to be pretty insightful/useful.

I'd love to hear anybody else's experiences if you'd like to chime in about em (likely again, as I'm sure similar turf has been covered in this thread).
neonblack wrote:They say tone is in the hooks

D.o.S. wrote:I'm pretty sure moderation leads to Mustang Sally.

coldbrightsunlight wrote:Yes I am a soppy pop person at heart I think with noises round the edge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JphJfwsUbT4
popvulture

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby ChetMagongalo » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:31 pm

80-90% of my meals are vegan (i still eat fish and will eat a burger, pizza or fried chicken once a month cause i still have a soft spot for it ). I advise you cook most of your meals (however being in Austin probably gives you more options eating out than most of us; I had an awesome vegan wrap from Conscious Cravings in Austin during SXSW this week), maybe grab a vegan cookbook, and buy a rice cooker (if you like rice, you can also use most of them to steam and slow cook stuff), a mandolin slicer and maybe a nice blender if you wanna get invested. I strongly advise avoiding processed foods of any kind and stick to whole foods; there are plenty of vegan snacks that aren't going to be good for you. if anything you can do some processing yourself. some things are gonna be okay to buy in a package such as meat alternatives or nut butters but keep it as simple as you can. Get into nuts, seeds, beans, lentils, tofu, seitan, oats, fruits, veggies, whole grains, potatoes and learn to make some different sauces or curries if you wanna keep some variety and spice in your meals. it might be worth considering supplementing vitamin B12 and maybe vitamin D both of which are generally really cheap.

I used to have stomach issues, energy issues and depression which all went away when I changed my diet to mostly vegan. there's also a lot of science to back up the benefits of a plant based whole food diet. there are plenty of online resources for vegans which i don't have first hand experience with cause I have close friends who are vegans and like to cook. if you do it right I bet you will be very happy with the results! good luck :)
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/crazyfalconX/videos
rustywire wrote:Post your battle jacket of wrong bands

psychic vampire. wrote:I believe all authorities should be destroyed?
ChetMagongalo

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby popvulture » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:10 pm

Thanks, man! Yeah above all I'm curious as to the effects this will have on energy and mood. As I've mentioned elsewhere, I go through bouts of depression and have a success rate with exercise that is 100% directly proportional to the fuel I put in my system.

Luckily I'm a big home cook, so I've got most of what I need, although I do really need a new blender. Just saving money until I can splurge on something I'll have a for a long time. But yep, mandoline, rice cooker etc — the latter's really one of the best things I've ever bought cooking-wise.

I hear ya on the processed foods, too... I've been reading up on things to watch out for. I really wish I didn't know Oreos are vegan, haha. But yep, most store-bought veg burgers and meat substitutes in general are awful for you. Just about the most crack-like thing I've encountered so far are Larabars. Jesus christ... they only have like three ingredients, but you don't wanna eat too many of them because they're pretty sweet and have a good bit of calories. Dangerous.

Austin does have some really great places, Casa de Luz being my fave. I've never been to Conscious Cravings though, definitely will have to check that out—glad to hear about it! Bouldin Creek Cafe is good, and Mother's is alright. Plenty of other options I need to explore as well.

I do feel fucking fantastic today—I will say that. I'm not going to chalk that up to day two of a vegan diet, which would be preposterous. I think it's probably mostly because the sun is out, and I'm extremely solar powered :D

Nonetheless feels good to be heading in the right direction. Excited / curious about the results.

coldbrightsunlight wrote:Yes I am a soppy pop person at heart I think with noises round the edge

popvulture

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby JTurbide » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:28 pm

ChetMagongalo wrote:8Get into nuts, seeds, beans, lentils, tofu, seitan, oats, fruits, veggies, whole grains, potatoes and learn to make some different sauces or curries if you wanna keep some variety and spice in your meals. it might be worth considering supplementing vitamin B12 and maybe vitamin D both of which are generally really cheap.

+1 (quinoa, couscous also).

I've been vegan for roughly a year now and when I have no idea what to eat I just cook some quinoa/rice/couscous and throw everything I have in it (beans,lentils,tofu,lots of veggies,spices, etc). Also try some recipe website like thug kitchen, deliciously ella, ohsheglows, minimalist baker etc. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSgNkhgVtks this is pretty convincing on the benefits of a vegan diet.
If you'd like other reasons to go vegan watch Cowspiracy.
JTurbide

experienced
experienced

Postby karmablock » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:24 pm

This is relative to my interest.

Chet or JT what do you use as a meat substitute?
karmablock

experienced
experienced

Postby JTurbide » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:25 pm

karmablock wrote:This is relative to my interest.

Chet or JT what do you use as a meat substitute?

Well there is a lot of vegan ''fake'' sausages, ground beef and burgers even completely vegan pizza, there are also a lot of vegan burger recipes (with chickpeas, lentils and red beans for example). I think the trick is to season it to your liking. I also replace meat with tofu.. You can even cook some tofu scrambled eggs with curry or turmeric, or tofu general tao... both are really tasty, it's all about the seasoning :cool: :thumb:
JTurbide

experienced
experienced

Postby popvulture » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:42 pm

I've found that marinating tofu and then baking it really gives it a lot of flavor. There are obviously a million ways you could do that, but I usually do something like soy sauce, sriracha, toasted sesame oil, maple syrup and maybe some five spice powder. I then bake it at like 375 for 20 to 30 mins, flipping once. I also have found that it helps to cut a block of (firm) tofu into planks and then press it between a couple of cutting boards with paper towels for a little while to pull out some of the water. Makes for a crispier outside when baking or searing.

Also found this method of marinating with nutritional yeast very interesting, plan on trying it:

https://food52.com/recipes/37464-vegan-palak-paneer

I like tempeh as well, but I've yet to figure out how to impart much flavor into it, aside from adding a glaze or sauce afterwards.

popvulture

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion