The Health, Wellness, weight loss, and fitness thread

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The Health, Wellness, weight loss, and fitness thread

Postby hbombgraphics » Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:02 am

very cool,

I have been doing basketball style workouts, this week, really liking it.
sitting at 205 right now Goal is 190
Gunner Recall wrote:This thread is bad and everyone in it should feel bad.

Iommic Pope wrote:This thread is mediocre at best, but I encourage everyone posting in it to feel as awesome as possible.

https://soundcloud.com/hbombgraphics
hbombgraphics

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby tuffteef » Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:29 pm

i started running 8-10km at 5am to 6
im surprised ive made it to three weeks rolling into week four 6 days a week
if i can make it to 3 months i think i may have it in the the bag
tuffteef

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MaxMaps » Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:58 am

Back down to 220. I can see a little bit of gain. I cheated way too often this week but I am not going to kick a fuss about it. :)

I really feel like my diet can use a complete over haul. I need help but I am way too poor to pay a trainer.

ugh.
THEBEERHAMMER wrote:
Achtane wrote:Doom Weed, duh.
Doom seed is like...what you get when wizards jerk it.
Doom Weed produces Doom Seed.

BRO IS THIS EVEN KUSH??? IS BUFFERED? TRV BYPASS??? MY FRIEND DAMBLEDORE TOLD ME I NEEDED CRYSTAL LETTUICE.
MaxMaps

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Eric! » Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:01 am

So, since I've started dating this lovely pescatarian and absorbing her diet influences, I am more toned and healthy feeling than ever before. Kale and chickpeas, seriously dudes.
Eric!

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:35 am

Love Kale, but gotta have the chickpeas as hummus. That's the only way.

I've fallen off the wagon recently with my diet because I had to start cooking for myself! LOL! My wife had foot surgery and can't do anything. Ugh. It sucks!!!!

I'm looking to hire a bodybuilding coach now. I need that extra push. It'll be worth it.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby hbombgraphics » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:20 pm

what do you pay a body building coach?

also: rocking some chia seeds lately feeling really good
Gunner Recall wrote:This thread is bad and everyone in it should feel bad.

Iommic Pope wrote:This thread is mediocre at best, but I encourage everyone posting in it to feel as awesome as possible.

https://soundcloud.com/hbombgraphics
hbombgraphics

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby D.o.S. » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:21 pm

Kale and chickpeas are also expensive, you high-falutin' hippie. I bet you listen to TED talks on your walk to work (at a startup in the Bay Area), too.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby gunslinger_burrito » Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:33 pm

Anyone ever get a case of medial epicondylitis (golfer's/climber's elbow)?

Mine is better than it's been in a long while, but it still threatens to get worse when I do pullups, or pulling exercises in general. I've found a couple stretches and warm-up exercises that seem to be helping, but I thought I'd throw this one out there, since some of you are fitness pros :poke:

Thanks if you have any info
gunslinger_burrito

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby jfrey » Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:42 pm

I posted this it the Spite etc thread, but I figured maybe I could get some feedback here on what this might be.

On Saturday, I woke up in the middle of the night in almost the worst pain I have ever been in - centered in my right calf. The pain was so bad that I was thrashing around. It felt like my muscles were tearing themselves apart. It started to fade after maybe 15 minutes, but the after-effects of it are still with me. On Sunday I could barely walk. Today it's just sore and a little tight.
D.o.S. wrote:You're like a walking Mad Men episode.

BitchPudding wrote:DO WHAT MUST BE DONE, LORD JFREY.

friendship wrote:one cool thing about living is that things get worse and worse and worse until you die

My music rec Twitter: https://twitter.com/MostlyEssential
jfrey

Supporter
Supporter

Postby D.o.S. » Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:16 pm

So like a Charlie Horse X1,000,000?
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:

D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby gunslinger_burrito » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:12 am

jfrey wrote:I posted this it the Spite etc thread, but I figured maybe I could get some feedback here on what this might be.

On Saturday, I woke up in the middle of the night in almost the worst pain I have ever been in - centered in my right calf. The pain was so bad that I was thrashing around. It felt like my muscles were tearing themselves apart. It started to fade after maybe 15 minutes, but the after-effects of it are still with me. On Sunday I could barely walk. Today it's just sore and a little tight.

:idk: http://www.livestrong.com/article/50956 ... -cramping/ :idk:

Maybe up your potassium intake some? Get yer bananas and coconut water. :thumb:
gunslinger_burrito

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Jwar » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:58 am

Tennis elbow.

Yes I have tendinitis. It sucks ass. Do wrist curls and grip strength exercises like holding a 45lbs plate and squeezing your finger tips on it as hard as you can. This will help. Also get a wrap for your elbow for the really bad days.

Spasms. Could be potassium, could be completely unrelated to that at all. Get into a doctor. My mother had the same thing and hers is caused by severe nerve damage. You're a runner, so it's possible that the case with you as well. Try a foam roller in the meantime.

Doctor Adam out. ;)
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Twangasaurus » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:02 pm

jfrey wrote:I posted this it the Spite etc thread, but I figured maybe I could get some feedback here on what this might be.

Yeah man I get night cramps too. It's chronic anxiety disorder related for me but like jwar said potassium deficiencies is a more common cause. Dude, don't lay in bed, the pain will be a thousands times worse. You have to jump up immediately and start walking and it will sort itself out in a matter of ten or so seconds. Nothing else to do for it.
Lobstrosity wrote:Dad-a-chum? Dod-a-chock?
Twangasaurus

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby D.o.S. » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:15 pm

Foam Rollers are pretty sweet.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.

Achtane wrote:

D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby gunslinger_burrito » Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:16 pm

jwar wrote:Tennis elbow.

Yes I have tendinitis. It sucks ass. Do wrist curls and grip strength exercises like holding a 45lbs plate and squeezing your finger tips on it as hard as you can. This will help. Also get a wrap for your elbow for the really bad days.

Doctor Adam out. ;)

Thanks! The pain I get is on the inside of my elbow near my funny bone. With some experimentation I've been able to narrow down the exercises that aggravate it. For some reason, wide-grip pullups don't seem to bother it as much, while close-grip pullups and pushups do (things that really put stress on my elbow joint in general). I've been going through some workout routines and cutting things out while keeping others; I'm isolating certain movements to see which ones really mess it up. The only variation of my routine I have yet to do is an almost strictly pullup day. For that I'll do a reasonable amount of those wide-grip pullups (no use in overdoing them) and a bunch of kettlebell stuff that I think isn't making the issue worse. I'm hoping that the KB work will improve my grip and thus help with forearm and elbow issues. Also, I'm hoping that the added core strength from the KB will help with some back soreness I get at work (I work produce and lift heavy boxes all damn day).

Edit: Do you have an opinion on whether or not to eat carbs after a workout? I was drinking a coconunt water after my protein, because I read that the glucose would help replenish the muscles, etc.... but that advice seems to contradict what I've read about insulin release and growth hormone output :idk: I've always been a really lean guy and I don't know if just sheer calories (complex carbs and healthy fats, for the most part) is better, or if shifting to a "hormonally intelligent" regimen is what I need. Thanks if you do have any info you'd like to share! I've scoured the internet and can't find solid studies or anything convincing yet.
gunslinger_burrito

IAMILF
IAMILF

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion