The Health, Wellness, weight loss, and fitness thread



Moderator: Ghost Hip

The Health, Wellness, weight loss, and fitness thread

Postby hbombgraphics » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:56 am

Just got a jump rope and am starting to get back into shape: I am a once a week basketball player and participate in other sport like activities, but my main interest currently is food.

This thread will be a place to talk about health and weight loss goals, maybe only mine personally but hopefully others will join.

Current Weight is 200.4 pounds
5feet11inches tall
Goal 185 pounds

My goal for working out involves a jump roap, did 650 last night in 50 jump reps
Want to get up to 1k twice a day at 100 to 200 jump reps and work out a jump roap routine (I just read that back and it sounds sad)

I will continue to update everyone on my progress and if nobody joins the thread I may use it as a food journal until someone tells me to stop.

Good Luck everybody!
Last edited by hbombgraphics on Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gunner Recall wrote:This thread is bad and everyone in it should feel bad.


Iommic Pope wrote:This thread is mediocre at best, but I encourage everyone posting in it to feel as awesome as possible.


https://soundcloud.com/hbombgraphics
hbombgraphics

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 8504
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:39 pm
Location: Central NY

Re: The Health, Wellness, weight loss and general fitness th

Postby kaboom » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:13 pm

that's awesome, good job!
please and thank you.

follow me: soundcloud.com/dynamicmike
kaboom

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 542
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:09 pm
Location: denver, co

Re: The Health, Wellness, weight loss and general fitness th

Postby adrianlee » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:31 pm

Nice dude! I play soccer 2-3 times a week and try to keep a diet consisting of fruits, veggies and chicken.

Though, I'm a sucker for a cold pint and cheeseburgers. So, my weight usually fluctuates.
adrianlee

User avatar
IAMILF
IAMILF
 
Posts: 2440
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:41 am
Location: Columbus, Ohio

Re: The Health, Wellness, weight loss and general fitness th

Postby hbombgraphics » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:01 pm

Yeah I just got back from Lunch
Chinese buffet!

I make some bad choices.

But if I can get through the afternoon without eating any twizzlers I will be one step closer


I miss playing soccer, I might have to bust out the copas this weekend!
Gunner Recall wrote:This thread is bad and everyone in it should feel bad.


Iommic Pope wrote:This thread is mediocre at best, but I encourage everyone posting in it to feel as awesome as possible.


https://soundcloud.com/hbombgraphics
hbombgraphics

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 8504
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:39 pm
Location: Central NY

Re: The Health, Wellness, weight loss and general fitness th

Postby D.o.S. » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:08 pm

Coffee, cigarettes, and salad.

Guarenteed results!
Image
NSFW: show
for easy reference:
Image

good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 28596
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:47 am
Location: Ewe-Kay

Re: The Health, Wellness, weight loss and general fitness th

Postby bigchiefbc » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:49 pm

I've posted about this before in another thread, but I'll repeat it here since this is the right place for it.

I used to be a big fucking tub of lard. Like the well-over-3-bills kinda big. When my wife and I got engaged, we both agreed to lose weight before the wedding, which was 14 months hence. In those 14 months I went from 317 to 226. (my wife also did great and lost about 60 pounds)

I held that weight steady for 2 years, and then I gained about 20 of it back last year when my wife was pregnant with our first son. Now I'm planning on going back on a diet this fall/winter, and losing those 20 pounds, and hopefully about 10 more. I'm a big-framed guy, so I feel like 210-215 or so is a healthy weight for me.

Here was 317-pound fat-ass bigchiefbc:

Image

Here was 226-pound slightly-chubby-but-basically-healthy bigchiefbc:

Image
Buy my gear! viewtopic.php?f=44&t=58763

Achtane wrote:I can hit it with a Blowing Up and it'll just sound awesome instead of like capacitors farting into each others' dicks.


Achtane wrote:
last.fm wrote:Zs makes music that is variously categorized as no-wave, post-jazz, brutal-chamber, brutal-prog, and post minimalist.


srsly?

Fuck you.
bigchiefbc

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 7310
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:45 am
Location: Cumberland, RI

Re: The Health, Wellness, weight loss and general fitness th

Postby D.o.S. » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:57 pm

Shitballs, dude. That's impressive.
NSFW: show
for easy reference:
Image

good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 28596
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:47 am
Location: Ewe-Kay

Re: The Health, Wellness, weight loss and general fitness th

Postby hbombgraphics » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:01 pm

Dude that is awesome, great job:
How did you do it? I am sure growing the beard helped but what else did you do?
Gunner Recall wrote:This thread is bad and everyone in it should feel bad.


Iommic Pope wrote:This thread is mediocre at best, but I encourage everyone posting in it to feel as awesome as possible.


https://soundcloud.com/hbombgraphics
hbombgraphics

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 8504
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:39 pm
Location: Central NY

Re: The Health, Wellness, weight loss and general fitness th

Postby bigchiefbc » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:08 pm

Actually, as lame as it sounds, my wife and I just did weight-watchers. But I didn't actually pay the money or go to the meetings. I just looked up the formula to calculate points on-line and we kept track of it ourselves. I still think that weight watchers is the best diet "system" because almost every other diet makes you eat specific things, or says that you CAN'T eat specific things. On weight watchers, you can eat whatever the hell you want, as long as you count the points. My big thing was that I refused to give up beer. So I just saved up my points on nights I knew I would be drinking, and I made sure I counted every damn point. After a while, you can stop counting points a lot of the time, because you just get a sense of how much you can eat each day.
Buy my gear! viewtopic.php?f=44&t=58763

Achtane wrote:I can hit it with a Blowing Up and it'll just sound awesome instead of like capacitors farting into each others' dicks.


Achtane wrote:
last.fm wrote:Zs makes music that is variously categorized as no-wave, post-jazz, brutal-chamber, brutal-prog, and post minimalist.


srsly?

Fuck you.
bigchiefbc

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 7310
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:45 am
Location: Cumberland, RI

Re: The Health, Wellness, weight loss and general fitness th

Postby maz91379 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:11 pm

exercise is bullshit i just want to work out like once a month and have that make me buff and at the peak of health.
IEatCats wrote: That dude needs a beard and a sad demeanor.
maz91379

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 4619
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:07 pm

Re: The Health, Wellness, weight loss and general fitness th

Postby tuffteef » Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:30 pm

tru facts i dieted and lost 135 pounds
tuffteef

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 7886
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 7:05 pm
Location: Downunderverse

Re: The Health, Wellness, weight loss and general fitness th

Postby kaboom » Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:34 pm

okay push-ups every morning. my goal is to not have to struggle so much to carry my bass amp on and off stage.
please and thank you.

follow me: soundcloud.com/dynamicmike
kaboom

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 542
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:09 pm
Location: denver, co

Re: The Health, Wellness, weight loss and general fitness th

Postby jrmy » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:00 pm

I've been cutting out all starch, most dairy & almost all added sugar during the week and had RIDONKULOUS results. 10 lbs in 5 weeks with pretty much no exercise so far. Lots o' vegetables, beans and lean proteins. I could probably dial it up by cutting out things like hummus, but I love it too much, and it's not really interfering with my goals.

Weekends are for cutting loose... nothing crazy, mind you, but I certainly don't stress about what I'm eating, and don't shy away from beers then.
I'm more like a mids-ist than a bassist.
"The main rule on ILF is don't be an asshole." - Tom Dalton
I can't wait to annoy the shit out of you with my mountain of mids. - bigchiefbc
https://thewirechimes.bandcamp.com/releases
http://crotchthrottle.bandcamp.com/
https://www.instagram.com/jrmyfuzz/
jrmy

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 10584
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:09 am

Re: The Health, Wellness, weight loss and general fitness th

Postby D.o.S. » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:58 am

bigchiefbc wrote:Actually, as lame as it sounds, my wife and I just did weight-watchers. But I didn't actually pay the money or go to the meetings. I just looked up the formula to calculate points on-line and we kept track of it ourselves. I still think that weight watchers is the best diet "system" because almost every other diet makes you eat specific things, or says that you CAN'T eat specific things. On weight watchers, you can eat whatever the hell you want, as long as you count the points. My big thing was that I refused to give up beer. So I just saved up my points on nights I knew I would be drinking, and I made sure I counted every damn point. After a while, you can stop counting points a lot of the time, because you just get a sense of how much you can eat each day.

wait so you're saying that if you watch your caloric intake you'll lose weight?

Madness!
NSFW: show
for easy reference:
Image

good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 28596
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:47 am
Location: Ewe-Kay

Re: The Health, Wellness, weight loss and general fitness th

Postby Blackened Soul » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:05 am

Image
http://koorikuma.bandcamp.com/
look, it's not me, it's you, it's all you
Blackened Soul

User avatar
IAMILF
IAMILF
 
Posts: 2826
Joined: Wed May 04, 2011 1:41 am
Location: lost in the dark forests in my head

Next

Return to General Discussion



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 12 guests


Sponsored Ad. (Please no inflated/repetitive clicking. Thanks!)

Advertisements help support ILF


ilovefuzz.com is not responsible for user-submitted content. Users participate at their own discretion and risk.