Let's see you!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Let's see you!

Postby hbombgraphics » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:28 pm

Ancient Astronaught wrote:
goroth wrote:
ApeLincoln wrote:I expected shorter hair.

I'm one of those rare long hair bears hahaha I recently decided to grow it out. I've come to the realization that the funny faces I make when drumming need to be hidden behind a thick layer of hair to save the audience from cringing.

That.. is long hair??
You're all a bunch of short haired breaux around here.

AA - I had no idea you played the drums.

hahaha I don't consider it long hair yet but I'm working on it. It used to be a hell of alot longer.

Yup, actually been playing drums the longest out of all instruments. I stopped for about 3 years due to physical issues but luckily most of the issues have been resolved so I got back behind the kit starting last july. I missed the hell out of it. The only thing that sucks is theres so much more to set up / tear down at gigs....

Even with that compact kit? you have that much more to do?
Gunner Recall wrote:This thread is bad and everyone in it should feel bad.

Iommic Pope wrote:This thread is mediocre at best, but I encourage everyone posting in it to feel as awesome as possible.

https://soundcloud.com/hbombgraphics
hbombgraphics

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Ancient Astronaught » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:36 pm

hbombgraphics wrote:Even with that compact kit? you have that much more to do?

Compact? That's a 26" kick, 14" rack tom and 18" floor tom. You don't get much bigger then that! hahaha (I'm deceptively large, not quite achtane / bigchiefbc status but pretty damn close so even that kit looks small on me)

but Yeah even with a 4 piece it still takes setting up and breaking down all the hardware, putting away or putting on cymbals, putting drums in and out of bags. It's quite a bit more than just wheeling in an amp, carrying in a pedalboard and guitar and plugging in. Sure a 4x12 is more awkward and heavy than anything in my kit (other than maybe the kick drum) but they often have wheels or band mates will help you load it in / out. For some reason other band members hate hauling drums hahaha it definitely makes me miss the days of playing guitar in a band when it comes to hauling everything to gigs.
Iommic Pope wrote:Skip, you rule. You hate people so much, you're willing to discredit all human progress, its awesome.
Ancient Astronaught

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby hbombgraphics » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:39 pm

Ok, didn't realize how big the drums were,
guitarists hate helping drummers, because once you set up the drummer he bangs away while you are trying to think and get your gear hooked up.

Drummers see you tuning or dialing in a tone and think "let me bang on the cymbal closest to his head!!!"

Iommic Pope wrote:This thread is mediocre at best, but I encourage everyone posting in it to feel as awesome as possible.

hbombgraphics

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Ancient Astronaught » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:31 pm

hbombgraphics wrote:Ok, didn't realize how big the drums were,
guitarists hate helping drummers, because once you set up the drummer he bangs away while you are trying to think and get your gear hooked up.

Drummers see you tuning or dialing in a tone and think "let me bang on the cymbal closest to his head!!!"

Hey what other option do we have? We don't wanna listen to you tune, plus here we are all setup ready to go and you havent even put your amp on stand by yet!!! So we gotta annoy (I like the term motivate) you some how. :poke: :p

Not to mention guitarists try to steal all the girls. Which is usually what their doing while I'm breaking down / loading out and their shit's still on stage. :lol:

Usually once I'm fully set up I'll do a quick go around of everything just to make sure its within the proper space for my muscle memory to work right. After that the only time I hit the drums before we play is for sound check. Having played out in just about every position of a band I've learned the Faux Pas 's of every member so I try to be respectful.
Iommic Pope wrote:Skip, you rule. You hate people so much, you're willing to discredit all human progress, its awesome.
Ancient Astronaught

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby hbombgraphics » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:43 pm

hbombgraphics wrote:Ok, didn't realize how big the drums were,

Hey what other option do we have? We don't wanna listen to you tune, plus here we are all setup ready to go and you havent even put your amp on stand by yet!!! So we gotta annoy (I like the term motivate) you some how. :poke: :p

Not to mention guitarists try to steal all the girls. Which is usually what their doing while I'm breaking down / loading out and their shit's still on stage. :lol:

Usually once I'm fully set up I'll do a quick go around of everything just to make sure its within the proper space for my muscle memory to work right. After that the only time I hit the drums before we play is for sound check. Having played out in just about every position of a band I've learned the Faux Pas 's of every member so I try to be respectful.

Good for you man!

Do we have a thread for "don't do this at do your bandmates" stuff?

I am sure you are a very respectful drummer.
also: I haven't been in a position to steal a girl from anyone since the late 90s (or wanted to for that matter)
and I am set up so flipping fast with my new amp

hbombgraphics

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Ancient Astronaught » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:47 am

hbombgraphics wrote:Good for you man!

Do we have a thread for "don't do this at do your bandmates" stuff?

I am sure you are a very respectful drummer.
also: I haven't been in a position to steal a girl from anyone since the late 90s (or wanted to for that matter)
and I am set up so flipping fast with my new amp

I'm not sure if we do or not... maybe we should start one!
Ancient Astronaught

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby UglyCasanova » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:58 am

Getting my groove on.

UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby jfrey » Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:01 pm

With some friends and JMSN after a show last month. I'm the tallest person there and somehow I ended up being the person squatting down in front.

Snowboarding in Utah this past weekend.
D.o.S. wrote:You're like a walking Mad Men episode.

BitchPudding wrote:DO WHAT MUST BE DONE, LORD JFREY.

friendship wrote:one cool thing about living is that things get worse and worse and worse until you die

My music rec Twitter: https://twitter.com/MostlyEssential
jfrey

Supporter
Supporter

Postby skullservant » Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:02 pm

skullservant

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:05 pm

Your son needs more beard.
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby skullservant » Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:09 pm

:lol:
skullservant

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby UglyCasanova » Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:11 pm

UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:20 pm

That's more like it.
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby kbit » Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:38 pm

UglyCasanova wrote:Getting my groove on.

;) you attractive motherfucker, you.
whats the piece on the wall behind you?
D.o.S. wrote:I'm fucking stupid and no one should operate under any other premise.
kbit

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby skullservant » Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:40 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
skullservant

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion