the happiness, excitement, and general contentedness thread

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: the happiness, excitement, and general contentedness thr

Postby friendship » Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:44 am

chuckjaywalk wrote:This weekend, I'm getting back the guitars I had when I got divorced almost a decade ago. My Reverend Slingshot Jr. that I got off the guy from the Supersuckers. The Gibson Melody Maker Flying V that is likely the only Gibson ever. A Gretsch BST-2000 that was my second guitar ever. A MIM Strat I scored in a parking lot for $150 and a fuzz. They are coming home. I need a clip on tuner and a Kleenex.

damn dude it was been a banner week for you and guitars! Everything's coming up chuck! Upchucking!

Congrats to morange and qersty for getting into school!

Congrats to cosmicevan for your dream bass becoming a dream reality!

In personal news, I was cleaning out an SD card and found 40 minutes of decent ambient music I completely forgot I recorded in 2020. :idea:
sound journal

actualidiot wrote:12-bit's almost analog, right?
friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby chuckjaywalk » Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:24 am

Great guitar day yesterday. My partner and two of our friends played hooky yesterday and we all drove to Lincoln. We went to the Warhammer Store and got some neat stuff, then went to Guitar Center. I got a Boss CS-3 cheap, after running the gauntlet of irritating guitar store employees (guy who doesn't know anything followed by guy who thinks suggesting a fucking rack unit makes sense when I'm buying a $60 pedal). Best of all, I picked up my Reverend from my guitar tech. I'm moving all my instruments to lighter 9-42 strings. The decade of non-use in a basement didn't affect the Reverend, at all. She is the best guitar I've ever played.
My force of habit, I am an insect
I have to confess I'm proud as hell of that fact
chuckjaywalk

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby blankfield » Sat Sep 17, 2022 11:57 am

Saw our ol' pal Aen at Russian Circles. It was like seeing a celebrity. Show was fantastic.
blankfield

committed
committed

Postby moid » Sat Sep 17, 2022 3:57 pm

Got my favourite amp back from the repair shop today, so glad to play through it again... It's been broken all Summer and now it's back! Everything sounds right again :)
moid

experienced
experienced

Postby echorec » Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:37 pm

Got uninvited by my sister to a family event. Hahahaha. I'm so excited---a peaceful day to myself. I have 5 siblings, and I can talk to 2 of them. I was obligated to go, because one of my sisters lives in another state and rarely visits (because my family is terrible at communication & dreadful at supporting one another). My sister, who is 38, thinks that uninviting me is some kind of punishment??? That's like being barred from jury duty. ---Attending the event would have been a punishment. All I had to do was tell my sister for the 30th time in the last 6 years, that I don't like being in mega group texts. I've repeatedly asked not to be placed in huge group texts (nephews, nieces, grandparents), and she said that I was being "short-sighted" and demanding "special" treatment. I don't want to get dozens of texts that clog up my shitty phone---why would I pay $1,000 a year for a premium phone & a data plan, so I can get flooded with messages from people I don't like? I'm not the host. I don't need to be included in any of that. So glad that I don't have to see my whole family this weekend---what a relief.
echorec

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Gone Fission » Fri Oct 21, 2022 12:14 am

Man, if annoying relations constantly group texted, I would already have used this guy up:

As it stands, I just use him on spam texters.

If I had your disinvite win, I’d also consider doing something awesome with that chunk of time and giving contemporaneous social media updates showing how much I was enjoying it. Not because I’m the sort of person who normally posts such things, but because I’m guessing your sister follows those sorts of things and would be tweaked by it.
D.o.S. wrote:Broadly speaking, if we at ILF are dropping 300 bucks on a pedal it probably sounds like an SNES holocaust.
friendship wrote:death to false bleep-blop
UglyCasanova wrote:brb gonna slap my dick on my stomp boxes
Gone Fission

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Velcro Bottom » Sat Oct 22, 2022 1:37 pm

echorec wrote:Got uninvited by my sister to a family event. Hahahaha. I'm so excited---a peaceful day to myself. I have 5 siblings, and I can talk to 2 of them. I was obligated to go, because one of my sisters lives in another state and rarely visits (because my family is terrible at communication & dreadful at supporting one another). My sister, who is 38, thinks that uninviting me is some kind of punishment??? That's like being barred from jury duty. ---Attending the event would have been a punishment. All I had to do was tell my sister for the 30th time in the last 6 years, that I don't like being in mega group texts. I've repeatedly asked not to be placed in huge group texts (nephews, nieces, grandparents), and she said that I was being "short-sighted" and demanding "special" treatment. I don't want to get dozens of texts that clog up my shitty phone---why would I pay $1,000 a year for a premium phone & a data plan, so I can get flooded with messages from people I don't like? I'm not the host. I don't need to be included in any of that. So glad that I don't have to see my whole family this weekend---what a relief.

You lucky bastard.
Velcro Bottom

committed
committed

Postby friendship » Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:48 am

Yesterday was a day from Hell at work, and the stress reached such a peak that suddenly my brain 404'd or something and I just wasn't stressed anymore. Like I let it wash over me and I didn't feel bad or anxious or panicked or mad. I had been having a really rotten couple of weeks mentally due to various other pressures (see: "have you ever blown up your life" thread) and it's almost like it reached such an intensity that it burned itself out. I went home, devoured a kingly spread of Chinese food, pet the cat, fell asleep at 9PM, and woke up feeling much better about having to be a human being with consciousness.
sound journal

actualidiot wrote:12-bit's almost analog, right?
friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby imJonWain » Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:21 pm

I'm doing a weekly radio show again starting next week! I had one a few years back but dropped it due to not having the time for plan for it each week. Doing live radio is a little stressful but it'll be good to get back into it and force myself to get new music.
"To my lay mind, the lobster's behavior in the kettle appears to be the expression of a preference; and it may well be that an ability to form preferences is the decisive criterion for real suffering."
http://www.TFRelectronics.com <project info
https://oshpark.com/profiles/TFRelectronics <oshpark shared boards
https://www.staticdisaster.com/ <my radio show
imJonWain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Pepe » Thu Dec 01, 2022 2:30 am

I wish you success and fun!
Pepe at YouTube and Instagram
Pepe

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby PanicProne » Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:36 pm

1. Music is going well. I'm playing and writing more than ever. Most of all I have a new project, with people who WANT TO PLAY (ie go out of their way to find time to rehearse) and know how ot properly communicate. IT's amazing and I'm trying really hard to not take it for granted. Such a luxury and I love it!

2. Finally seeing the finish line for an ongoing 10 yr projects (see: previous band with people who didn't really want to play and can't communicate :P ) and it's turning out pretty decent.

3. I've fallen in love with pedals again and I looove going through my collection and discovering/rediscovering stuff and feeling super justified as far keeping them in the first place. I've actually sold more stuff than bought new in the past 6 months and it feels great.
PanicProne

experienced
experienced

Postby imJonWain » Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:05 pm

holy necrobump!
"To my lay mind, the lobster's behavior in the kettle appears to be the expression of a preference; and it may well be that an ability to form preferences is the decisive criterion for real suffering."
http://www.TFRelectronics.com <project info
https://oshpark.com/profiles/TFRelectronics <oshpark shared boards
https://www.staticdisaster.com/ <my radio show
imJonWain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:43 pm

I guess we haven't been collectively happy since 2022. :idk:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:30 am

Wow that's a bummer :lol:

PanicProne wrote:1. Music is going well. I'm playing and writing more than ever. Most of all I have a new project, with people who WANT TO PLAY (ie go out of their way to find time to rehearse) and know how ot properly communicate. IT's amazing and I'm trying really hard to not take it for granted. Such a luxury and I love it!

2. Finally seeing the finish line for an ongoing 10 yr projects (see: previous band with people who didn't really want to play and can't communicate :P ) and it's turning out pretty decent.

3. I've fallen in love with pedals again and I looove going through my collection and discovering/rediscovering stuff and feeling super justified as far keeping them in the first place. I've actually sold more stuff than bought new in the past 6 months and it feels great.

All great news! I'm similarly enjoying being in a band where people and keen, nice, and talented, after years of not having any bands going on (except remote ones but that's not the same really as a local gang that can gig and rehearse a lot. Played loads more gigs than I've attended as a punter in the last year.

I always think being in a band makes my thoughts about gear a lot more healthy and different than when I'm not! Maybe that's a factor :idk:
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby PanicProne » Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:30 am

That's great to hear! Yeah, being in a room with people is where the magic happens for me. I enjoy noodling at home too, but yeah, a "proper" band beats everything IMO. What's your current band? Hoping to catch up on the gigging side too, eventually :)

Haha! I think about that a lot too, the gear vs music-thing. At least it's nice to find another area where the gear gets used.

Question: Do people in genral stick to the same gear for different bands or does that always change?
PanicProne

experienced
experienced

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion