the happiness, excitement, and general contentedness thread

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: the happiness, excitement, and general contentedness thr

Postby dubkitty » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:15 am

i'm quite happy today. ever since i started my job as a copywriter for a retail website i've felt like i was bullshitting and wasn't a very good writer at all. but in the last few weeks i've been writing stuff that i think is OK, and which i get back for revision with 1 or 2 minor edits. it's been a really long time since i felt like i was doing a good job at my place of employment, and that's pretty fucking neat, especially given my generally shitty self-concept...i can look at things i've done and say "hey, that was good."
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

FIFTY YEARS OF SCARING THE CHILDREN 1970-2020--and i'm not done yet

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

DUBZ LOOPZ 2: Electronic Renaissance coming soon to a Soundcloud near you!
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby TraceItalian » Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:22 pm

Got pulled over for driving with a busted turn signal
Cop: "Sir, why are you nervous?"
Me: "I'm not?"
Cop: "You're hands are shaking a lot"
Me: "Yea, it's the degenerative nerve disorder"

MFW I made him so uncomfortable with what he said that he drove off without giving me a ticket
TraceItalian

committed
committed

Postby dubkitty » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:07 pm

tfw it's #FallFriday on Twitter so you tweet a video of "Putta Block" (the 1980 b-side of "Totally Wired") and Grant Showbiz, who produced the record, retweets you :cool:
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

FIFTY YEARS OF SCARING THE CHILDREN 1970-2020--and i'm not done yet

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

DUBZ LOOPZ 2: Electronic Renaissance coming soon to a Soundcloud near you!
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby Blackened Soul » Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:43 pm

That feel of when after 4 years of writing and recording the damn thing is in the mastering stage! :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:
Blackened Soul

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby TraceItalian » Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:57 pm

Noice! What kinda music will we be looking forward too?
TraceItalian

committed
committed

Postby Blackened Soul » Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:04 pm

TraceItalian wrote:Noice! What kinda music will we be looking forward too?

umm... Dark-ambient-folk-doom set to a Mesolithic theme :idk:
Blackened Soul

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:41 pm

Blackened Soul wrote:

I LITERALLY have every Ice Bear release (Blackened Soul's project) and they're all great. Blackened Soul is like the Lou Reed of dark-ambient-folk-doom. I have another tag for it... ambivalent warlock ice-core... but as a nice warlock.

It's everything it's supposed to be with no pretense to it. Highly recommended.
Last edited by $harkToootth on Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Blackened Soul » Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:08 pm

geez.. you're just too nice :hug:
Blackened Soul

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:22 pm

Blackened Soul wrote:geez.. you're just too nice :hug:

Oh dangnabit.... I spelled your name wrong. I edited. Sorry, my cousin let me “borrow” some of her clonazepam last night and proofreading just went right out with that.

Seriously, Ice Bear’s tunes hold up so well. Before I came back to ILF I was listening to one of my favorite tracks “Melt” (which came out two years ago and is sadly... kind of what’s happening this Summer V :cry: V). Just a soldid track with, again, no pretense.

This is supposed to be the “happy” thread :lol: . Looking forward to your newest release!
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby TraceItalian » Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:25 pm

Blackened Soul wrote:

Never heard that kinda music, where does one start? Aside from your album
TraceItalian

committed
committed

Postby $harkToootth » Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:43 pm

TraceItalian wrote:Never heard that kinda music, where does one start? Aside from your album

It’s a super broad ranging genre “dark ambient”. The Mesolithic is just Blackened Soul’s take on that particular album.

Things “I” would recommend.
1. Thomas Koner - Daiken (Dark Ambient / Drone) -> All of his stuff is top notch ;)
2. Alberich - NATO Uniform Men (hints of power electronics and industrial techno)
3. PRURIENT - Unmasking The Insect (hints of power electronics, but I call it ‘sentimental power electronics’) - The thing with PRURIENT is, he is a harsh noise act. The two I posted are two of his ‘dark ambient’ works
4. PRURIENT - Answer To God
5. Mortis (technically dungeon synth, but not that far off) -> The earlier the better
6. SleepResearch_Facility
7. LURKER OF CHALICE (really an atmospheric black metal album. The man behind LEVIATHAN made it) [Actually, bad example of dark ambient, but an excellent record.
8. COIL - you could throw them in the mix

Again, it’s broad ranging. You could argue some APHEX TWIN chunes are dark ambient.
Or... put on Blackened Soul (Ice Bear’s) album ‘Dusk’ first.
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby TraceItalian » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:17 pm

$harkToootth wrote:
TraceItalian wrote:Never heard that kinda music, where does one start? Aside from your album

It’s a super broad ranging genre “dark ambient”. The Mesolithic is just Blackened Soul’s take on that particular album.

Things “I” would recommend.
1. Thomas Koner - Daiken (Dark Ambient / Drone) -> All of his stuff is top notch ;)
2. Alberich - NATO Uniform Men (hints of power electronics and industrial techno)
3. PRURIENT - Unmasking The Insect (hints of power electronics, but I call it ‘sentimental power electronics’) - The thing with PRURIENT is, he is a harsh noise act. The two I posted are two of his ‘dark ambient’ works
4. PRURIENT - Answer To God
5. Mortis (technically dungeon synth, but not that far off) -> The earlier the better
6. SleepResearch_Facility
7. LURKER OF CHALICE (really an atmospheric black metal album. The man behind LEVIATHAN made it) [Actually, bad example of dark ambient, but an excellent record.
8. COIL - you could throw them in the mix

Again, it’s broad ranging. You could argue some APHEX TWIN chunes are dark ambient.
Or... put on Blackened Soul (Ice Bear’s) album ‘Dusk’ first.

Well I got an evening ahead of me now
TraceItalian

committed
committed

Postby $harkToootth » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:35 pm

I’m a big fan of everything I posted. If you’re looking for more, feel free to reach out. That ALBERICH album is a magnum opus though. 4 hours. It’s insane.
I posted one more vid that probably isn’t dark ambient but the YouTube channel has a wealth of Dark ambient work. 0AntN. Whenever I’m looking for an album of that ilk that just came out, I check there first.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHsB9IkxY50

Lighten Up Sounds is a great Distortion too with all sorts of weirdness.

Final thought, 0AntN has my all time favorite LUSSURIA album uploaded. Straight up masterpiece of melancholy ambient. I’ve only posted about it on ILF a million times. If you happen to like this... everything else he has done blows. It’s really lazy and uninspired. Trust me, I did the homework.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pR1rw1gl6a4
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby TraceItalian » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:10 pm

$harkToootth wrote:I’m a big fan of everything I posted. If you’re looking for more, feel free to reach out. That ALBERICH album is a magnum opus though. 4 hours. It’s insane.
I posted one more vid that probably isn’t dark ambient but the YouTube channel has a wealth of Dark ambient work. 0AntN. Whenever I’m looking for an album of that ilk that just came out, I check there first.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHsB9IkxY50

Lighten Up Sounds is a great Distortion too with all sorts of weirdness.

Final thought, 0AntN has my all time favorite LUSSURIA album uploaded. Straight up masterpiece of melancholy ambient. I’ve only posted about it on ILF a million times. If you happen to like this... everything else he has done blows. It’s really lazy and uninspired. Trust me, I did the homework.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pR1rw1gl6a4

I mostly play old time string music nowadays, but I'm always cool with expanding my horizons, you cool if I message you in a couple weeks after I give due consideration to each you've listed?
TraceItalian

committed
committed

Postby $harkToootth » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:20 pm

100%. Please do! I’ll be around unless I spend my savings visiting the North and South Poles to see the ice before it melts.

But seriously, you could/should just check out Blackened Soul’s chunes. Again, his project is Ice Bear but... I labeled it his ILF username in my MP3 player.

There are so many talented people on here but I also feel compelled to call out ibarakishi’s project (A Worl Wondered Full) and Olin’s project (Bare Wireson) as well. Neither are dark ambient per say but they are 1. In that palette 2. Super talented.

I’d shout out Doug Deeper (Doug Tuttle) as well but that is a COMPLETELY different sort of genre. Chris Dermo also sent me stuff (bleep bloopy) but I don’t know if he posts much anymore and I’m not sure he “released” his album.

So I guess that keeps this thread in topic. We should be happy so many talented people post here (excluding me :lol: )
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion