the happiness, excitement, and general contentedness thread

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: the happiness, excitement, and general contentedness thr

Postby Eivind August » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:46 am

Eivind August wrote:
Andrew wrote:Arrival hit me like a tonne of bricks. Haven't seen a proper, good modern Sci-Fi movie in ages. :yay:

Oh man, thinking about seeing it this week, seems like an interesting premise. Plus the director is pretty good.

Saw it yesterday, it was indeed great! I saw the "twist" coming because of that one line that kinda gives it away plus the introduction, but it was still satisfying (though they didn't really have to spend the last five minutes driving the point home). Great sci-fi nonetheless!
https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
NSFW: show
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby popvulture » Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:07 pm

I thought it was pretty damn excellent, by far the best sci-fi I've seen in the past few years. Beyond the great story, I really dug the cinematography and editing... very very well done.
neonblack wrote:They say tone is in the hooks

D.o.S. wrote:I'm pretty sure moderation leads to Mustang Sally.

coldbrightsunlight wrote:Yes I am a soppy pop person at heart I think with noises round the edge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JphJfwsUbT4
popvulture

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby neonblack » Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:06 am

Glad to be posting in this thread for once. Drove through the night to see this with my wife today. Life isn't all shit sometimes.
neonblack

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby D.o.S. » Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:08 am

Awww. That's nice dude.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby PeteeBee » Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:46 pm

That's so great, Neon!

Happy thanksgiving, everybody!
I'm thankful for this forum and all the support and happiness it provides.
Iommic Pope wrote:This is the best you've been.
Suffering suits you.

BitchPudding wrote:Let this be written in our history as proof that ILoveFuzz is one tight knit internet family.
PeteeBee

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Disarm D'arcy » Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:04 am

First show tonight. Bandmate is picking me up with my gear in 15. EXCIIIITE.

And it's my first house show ever!
Good deals: OsbornKT, Phantasmagorovich, UglyCasanova, DarkAxel, Skip, D.o.S, ColdBrightSunlight, Eivind August, Goroth

https://linktr.ee/disarmdarcy

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Disarm D'arcy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby D.o.S. » Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:55 am

Very cool!

Any chance of clips/recording?
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby popvulture » Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:00 pm

D.o.S. wrote:Any chance of clips/recording?

Yas. C'mon, you lovely Frenchman...
neonblack wrote:They say tone is in the hooks

D.o.S. wrote:I'm pretty sure moderation leads to Mustang Sally.

coldbrightsunlight wrote:Yes I am a soppy pop person at heart I think with noises round the edge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JphJfwsUbT4
popvulture

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby odontophobia » Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:00 pm

Disarm D'arcy wrote:First show tonight. Bandmate is picking me up with my gear in 15. EXCIIIITE.

House shows are legit some of the best. Have some of my fondest gig memories at house shows.
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby baremountain » Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:17 pm

Yeah I ran a house venue in Dallas for two years and we did one show per month and would get ~200 people out every time. It was one of the coolest things I've ever experienced. Gonna get back into it at my new place in Jan :^) Can't wait to hear how it went!
Inner Vegas wrote:I don't think anyone is Obama

#wheresthebirthcertificate #obamahoax

solo tunes:
completed works || loosey goosey releases
associated acts:
Raab Zamboni (fake jazz/real noise//sax, modular synth, editing, misc) || Field Guide (my best friends//sax on 2 tracks)

I make t-shirts, patches, koozies, buttons, CDs, sometimes tapes, and eventually i'll start working on pedals again. DM me for pricing!
baremountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Lurker13 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:43 pm

Disarm D'arcy wrote:First show tonight. Bandmate is picking me up with my gear in 15. EXCIIIITE.

How did it go?
coldbrightsunlight wrote:Hey man, you can do what you want in this den of shame.
Lurker13

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Disarm D'arcy » Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:17 pm

Overall, I'm really pleased with how things turned down.

My bandmate picked me up with his surfer VW California truck so loading, transport, and unloading was extremely easy. Setting up was a little long. It was our first time playing to an audience and we had to take so much into account. We were running the sound ourselves and had to make our small PA work both the audience and ourselves (downtuned guitar, bass VI, synth, vocals, and an iPad running loopy with our preloaded drum loops and basic layer of drone that runs throughout the entire time we play). We also ran the video projection. We worked it good enough to receive no complaints in the end.

About 20-25 peoples showed up, mostly friends and friends of friends. We played our entire set and nailed every inch of it, I got in the zone about 2 minutes in and the rest 30 to 40 minutes went by so quick. I really enjoyed myself, and I know my bandmate did too. Playing with the video projected on ourselves instead of in front of us like we do at rehearsals was really cool. At least from where I was standing, it felt very intense and immersive. We had to justify our music choices though to our less alternative audience which took a nice hour of talking afterwards :lol: Still it seems, most enjoyed themselves and at least a couple really tripped into it. We went back up on stage for some improv stuff which turned out equally great, talked some more, teared down and went back home.

Super nice day. I didn't know how it was gonna be. I never enjoyed playing live much with past bands. It's really the first time I enjoyed it this much. I guess my bandmate is great, and I wasn't left alone in organizing stuff and setting up like I usually was. I also love the music we play and I was so proud of the ambiance we built with the video. It's just so cool. I also love house shows, and if I had to choose, I'd keep on working that private circuit. It's so much better and chiller. I remember playing shows in clubs or bars and it being such a pain. His friend who welcomed us to play at his house was also super nice, chill, and helpful. And my bandmate's wife did a stellar job in helping us with the drinks and snacks. We're bad at marketing our music, so we sold no tapes :lol:

I don't know if we're gonna have a recording available because we put a GoPro up but I don't think anybody remembered to press the record button. I'll know in a couple days. Anyway, I'm getting a tiny action cam soon so that should be no issue if we run another house show sometime.

For those of you who are curious, here's the recorded version of what we played.

Good deals: OsbornKT, Phantasmagorovich, UglyCasanova, DarkAxel, Skip, D.o.S, ColdBrightSunlight, Eivind August, Goroth

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Disarm D'arcy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Lurker13 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:30 pm

Congrats, that sounds fucking excellent! :!!!: Sounds like you and your new bandmate have a lot of musical chemistry.

Listening to the video now, sounds intense.
coldbrightsunlight wrote:Hey man, you can do what you want in this den of shame.
Lurker13

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Disarm D'arcy » Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:35 pm

Oh it's not new, we've been playing together for 5 years now. We never got to playing shows because our previous stuff didn't lend itself really well to it (too complex, too much instruments and layers and details). We rehearsed it but could never engined it, it was too mechanical and we had to follow the scheme exactly or everything would fail. It's was way too difficult for us to enjoy ourselves.

Disarm D'arcy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Lurker13 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:59 pm

Ah, got it. And dirty water is great, btw. The guitar parts later in the song really made it stand out, that was some fine work.
Lurker13

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion