General discussion at the Wang Bar.
Post a reply

Re: The spite, hate, rage, apathy and mild irritation thread

Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:19 am

I miss my my wife.

Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:13 am

Invisible Man wrote:
Gone Fission wrote:I brought up semiotics at work. Not just as an aside at the water cooler, but to explain work things. It's probably a sign to switch careers ASAP.

What?

Signifier vs signified. It was a total anal retentive editing thing and it was the quickest shorthand I had available to make the point. (From twenty year old memories.)

It cannot be a good sign, no pun intended.

Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:22 am

Gotcha. I was asking about why it's a bad sign, I guess :wink:

Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:27 am

I awoke and could not find my glasses. When I did, they were ruined. Shredded by the dogs. I can't even watch TV or read. I can barely drive. I can't afford a plane ticket and new ones. I lost my temper. I'm blind and broke and sad and angry and utterly alone. I don't know what to do except cry. I'm broken and lost.
Last edited by chuckjaywalk on Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:53 pm

Be well, Chuck. In my thoughts. Not that it helps, maybe it does. I dunno. But I hear you. :hug:

Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:41 pm

Depression is strange... I'm not sad or frightened, the world is just a blurry shade of grey. I'm tired of all food tasting the same, or music not filling me with (insert emotion), or work just flowing out without thought. It's just there arnd I feel so disconnected. I know I'll swing back into focus and everything will be fine again. I know how to mitigate it most of the time and hide it from friends/family.

I guess today is just a little more than most....Not looking for love or consolation here, just saying something that I don't dare say out loud. Thanks for looking

Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:57 pm

Feels like to me that depression isn't really so much "sad", as it is a lot of nothin' at all.
Everything is mediocre.

Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:11 pm

This cold is so hardcore I think I'm transmogrifying into an anthropomorphic booger.

Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:29 pm

hey. i love you all. :group:

Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:40 pm

Achtane wrote:Feels like to me that depression isn't really so much "sad", as it is a lot of nothin' at all.
Everything is mediocre.

Yeah that turns into an overwhelming sense of frustration, anger and, eventually, defeat.
Sucks hard yo.

Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:44 pm

waltdogg wrote:hey. i love you all. :group:

:hug:

Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:02 am

Yeah.
3 months in and I am really unhappy at this new job.
Its a fairly toxic environment as far as staff dynamic goes and its taken a turn away from the direction I thought it had taken me in.
Mostly Im annoyed because I got delegated to a new stream of duties that take me back to even less stimulating work than I was doing before and looks like it will probably dead end me. I got these duties based on my skillset, but Im pretty annoyed that I didnt choose this. I'm sort of sick of the rest of the world telling me what Im good at and how theyre going to exploit that and not help me grow.
Its a whinge, I know, but I think Im ready to actually be more than I have been now.

Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:09 am

Lowest level rage post that can be on here:
I'm really used to making cheese toasties/grilled cheese's on my night shifts, and I've gotten pretty good at it. I have a routine, I know my quantities and time in the pan. I'm seasoned.
This week they bought a different bread and the wrong cheese and it ruined my experience. The bread has gone too thin, the butter soaked through and didn't go crispy. The cheese is too gooey and flavourless. This leads on to a bigger criticism: Canada is shit at cheese. Why the fuck do you sell your cheese in weird, thin, long blocks that just bend and break all the time? Why is it all so mild and rubbery? Why, if I want to get half-decent cheese, does it cost a truly bizarre amount of money?
I just wanted a tasty 5am work snack. All I got was a disappointment sandwich and now I'm going to go home bitter.

Edit: I hope no one takes this too seriously...
Doube edit: I hope no one takes this as a joke. I hope everyone gives it the appropriate amount of severity it is due, which is exactly 2.3/10.

Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:22 am

Olin wrote:Edit: I hope no one takes this too seriously...
Doube edit: I hope no one takes this as a joke. I hope everyone gives it the appropriate amount of severity it is due, which is exactly 2.3/10.

That's mild irritation, so it fits perfectly in this thread. Reminds me of a summer night two years ago when I tried to find a place to buy a pizza with ham & pineapple at 1:30 AM. At some point I went to bed. Hungry. :(

Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:40 am

Then you dodged a bullet, Pepe. That is unpizza.

Grilled cheese struggle is real.
Post a reply