The spite, hate, rage, apathy and mild irritation thread...

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The spite, hate, rage, apathy and mild irritation thread

Postby Achtane » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:33 am

I love how there's a whimsical and extremely British version of every word out there.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Louy7zH9guw
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby dubkitty » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:38 am

"skinheads on a raft"...OMG!
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

FIFTY YEARS OF SCARING THE CHILDREN 1970-2020--and i'm not done yet

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

DUBZ LOOPZ 2: Electronic Renaissance coming soon to a Soundcloud near you!
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby Gone Fission » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:12 pm

Futzing with assigning functions to the expression pedal and figuring out that the sleeve on one end of the manufacture-supplied molded cable is bad. (Provide better cables, Source Audio.)
D.o.S. wrote:Broadly speaking, if we at ILF are dropping 300 bucks on a pedal it probably sounds like an SNES holocaust.
friendship wrote:death to false bleep-blop
UglyCasanova wrote:brb gonna slap my dick on my stomp boxes
Gone Fission

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dapper Bandit » Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:18 am

Beans on toast is a king amongst meals! Not the national dish by any stretch of the imagination (Britain currently enjoys dining on memories of the empire mostly) but it's cheap, relatively healthy and delicious.

Pro-tip; beans must only be heated on the hob, microwaves do not entry. Whilst heating add brown sauce (HP is my top pick, Daddies is an acceptable alternative) and once finished you can add grated cheddar if you're feeling fancy.

Also, fish finger sandwiches are delicious, people that have the power to make them from scratch should be cherished.
Bringing Brought the noise in Whitechapel Murders
Bandcamp
Facebook
Dapper Bandit

committed
committed

Postby Benn Roe » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:01 am

I like my beans and toast with spicy mustard. That's all.
Former Bands: Lazy Gaga, Kadis-kot, Pyramids, In First Person, the Holy Fucking Spirit, Take Down Your Art, A Petal Fallen
Benn Roe

experienced
experienced

Postby Achtane » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:30 am

sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Inconuucl » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:54 pm

I'm the only tech in the office and we've had almost three times the amount of tickets than we do in a regular non-holiday day. Everyone has been so abrasive its starting to wear me down to a frayed mess. I just want to go to bed and listen to music while I fall asleep, I'm done.
Le Ciel Inconnu (I was a whale once.)
NSFW: show
Chankgeez wrote:We should have a game show à la Name That Tune

Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 5 pedals.
other contestant: I can shoegaze that tune with 4 pedals.
Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 3 pedals.
other contestant: OK, shoegaze that tune!
Inconuucl: :!!!:
Inconuucl

Supporter
Supporter

Postby neonblack » Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:29 pm

I'm depressed and I have like 75 cents to my name so today for lunch, I'm having sleep.
neonblack

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby resincum » Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:22 pm

recently learned that the basically only diy venue in town is run by a woman beater/coke dealer who was ousted from phoenix a couple of years ago for the same shit. singer in my band brought it up all nonchalant and when I lost my cool she's like 'I thought everyone knew?' ...so not only is she giving a pass to this behavior but apparently everyone who goes to these shows does too? this came up because this dude beat the living shit out of one of my homies; passed out on the floor kicking in the face kind of beating.. so I'm ready to break a jaw over this. trying to figure out all the facts before I cross the line. someone in the same room when I found this out kept saying It's not wrong to play these shows because you should take what you can get but THAT IS THE FUCKING PROBLEM!! this is a city of spineless cowards and now it's no wonder all the cool people leave. I could give two shits about playing music in this town if mother fuckers like that get a slide. needless to say I'm quitting the band or we're moving on without her. feeling deceived and betrayed by people I would back up to the sky and beyond. not only that, but after I post some keyboard warrior shit about this situation, someone on my friends list screen shot it and sent it to this guy. he basically reveals how our singer threw one of us (me) under the bus to tell him we're not supporting his venue or band anymore. such a messy situation. I feel like I only know a handful of people right now.
i'm glad i can call you a friend. even if i'll never see you again
resincum

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Achtane » Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:08 pm

People are shit, that's my mantra.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby jrfox92 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:07 pm

Sounds like Texas to me.
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby lordgalvar » Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:05 pm

resincum wrote:recently learned that the basically only diy venue in town is run by a woman beater/coke dealer who was ousted from phoenix a couple of years ago for the same shit. singer in my band brought it up all nonchalant and when I lost my cool she's like 'I thought everyone knew?' ...so not only is she giving a pass to this behavior but apparently everyone who goes to these shows does too? this came up because this dude beat the living shit out of one of my homies; passed out on the floor kicking in the face kind of beating.. so I'm ready to break a jaw over this. trying to figure out all the facts before I cross the line. someone in the same room when I found this out kept saying It's not wrong to play these shows because you should take what you can get but THAT IS THE FUCKING PROBLEM!! this is a city of spineless cowards and now it's no wonder all the cool people leave. I could give two shits about playing music in this town if mother fuckers like that get a slide. needless to say I'm quitting the band or we're moving on without her. feeling deceived and betrayed by people I would back up to the sky and beyond. not only that, but after I post some keyboard warrior shit about this situation, someone on my friends list screen shot it and sent it to this guy. he basically reveals how our singer threw one of us (me) under the bus to tell him we're not supporting his venue or band anymore. such a messy situation. I feel like I only know a handful of people right now.

We went through this stuff in Bakersfield. Repeatedly. It's a shitty situation...(I could go into more detail, but that ain't the point). I lost some band memebers over stuff. Some I've been able to be friends with again...some not.

Then, whenever a new venue got started, dudes would get it shut down.

The scene just shifted to house parties. Or we just played a different town. It's happened in LA too, but some good people have made rotating clubs that borrow venues (Spaceland is a famous example) and only lease for big enough shows.

Totally feel ya, man. With you too. Screw that shit. Me, I had to kinda cut the toxic band/scene people out finally about 10 years ago. If it wasn't this drama, it was something else (x person stole my demo tapes, y person is spreading heroin, etc). Haven't looked back. Going to shows is awkward now, but it always kinda was anyway?

It'll work itself out and end up all right.

Not on the same level:

USPS just lost my Christmas gift to a family member...it was a mini guitar. I'll get it eventually I'm sure...but I was excited.
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby gnomethrone » Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:21 pm

resincum wrote:recently learned that the basically only diy venue in town is run by a woman beater/coke dealer who was ousted from phoenix a couple of years ago for the same shit.

Well best to play it cool for a month or so and then rob him at gunpoint and use the funds to start your own DIY venue :omg:
good dealings here:
NSFW: show
Ancient Astronaught, fuzzlord!, onyxrhino, lordgalvar, JoeTheStache, kbit, BoatRich, oscillateur, grindonomicon, doommeow, fever606, Bearstripes, Casavettes, Faldoe, jellyfishfuzz, morange, Teej212, MEC, ianmarks, JWAR, Raj007
gnomethrone

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby dubkitty » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:39 am

wow, that's a fucked-up situation. good on you for taking a stand :hug:
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

FIFTY YEARS OF SCARING THE CHILDREN 1970-2020--and i'm not done yet

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

DUBZ LOOPZ 2: Electronic Renaissance coming soon to a Soundcloud near you!
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby Lurker13 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:15 pm

dubkitty wrote:wow, that's a fucked-up situation. good on you for taking a stand :hug:

#imwithdubkitty
coldbrightsunlight wrote:Hey man, you can do what you want in this den of shame.
Lurker13

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion