The spite, hate, rage, apathy and mild irritation thread...

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The spite, hate, rage, apathy and mild irritation thread

Postby Paul_C » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:59 am

aens_wife wrote:I know that stuff in my head, but I am having a really hard time accepting it. I just want to shake her and make her realize that she cannot help her partner and that no amount of forgiveness will change their behavior. Sigh.

An ex of mine suffered abuse from her partner and was still struggling with a lot of things years later (it eventually broke us up, sadly) and I read at the time that it can take years for someone in that situation to break up with their abuser.

IIRC it takes on average 35 "that's enough, I'm out of here"s before the first genuine attempt to leave, so I can understand JWAR's 6 years thing - they get broken down by the behaviour so much that amongst other things, they genuinely believe it's their own fault.
Paul_C

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby oscillofuzz » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:06 am

The rat race is getting the best of me...
The Howl Ensemble - Bandcamp - Facebook - Instagram - Soundcloud -
oscillofuzz

committed
committed

Postby calfzilla » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:03 pm

I was told to dress business professional and drove 30 minutes across town for a 10 minute interview that amounted to, "you're way overqualified for this position, I just can't see hiring you"... I'm losing my job on August 31st and shit like this drives me up the wall. General waste of time, time taken off work (that is money in my pocket if I don't use it), the whole business professional attire thing... If I wasn't already stressed out enough to try and find a job before I lose my current one, add in pointless interviews to round out the good times.
I, myself, am a shit post
calfzilla

experienced
experienced

Postby friendship » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:12 am

That's so obnoxious. Did they not look at your resume before asking you to make the trip??
sound journal

actualidiot wrote:12-bit's almost analog, right?
friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby jrfox92 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:08 pm

friendship wrote:That's so obnoxious. Did they not look at your resume before asking you to make the trip??

Of course they didn't.
What did you expect?

Professionalism?
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Bassist_Diver » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:35 pm

Guess who’s got two thumbs and fucking pneumonia?

And my boss basically told me to suck it up because we have a deadline on Friday and we’re behind schedule.
The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever. - Jacques Cousteau
Good dealings with: Vrom, Conky

Yamaha / Gallien-Krueger / Pedals
Bassist_Diver

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby friendship » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:21 pm

Definitely shake hands with and cough on your boss as much as possible. Pneumonia is not a "power through it" affliction.
sound journal

actualidiot wrote:12-bit's almost analog, right?
friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby BetterOffShred » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:16 pm

friendship wrote:Definitely shake hands with and cough on your boss as much as possible. Pneumonia is not a "power through it" affliction.

Yeah. This. Germ warfare up in that piece hehe. Seriously though.. who asks an employee with pneumonia to just come on in .. ? :no:

Dumb

I get pissed when I find out someone came in with strep throat.
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby jrfox92 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:07 pm

Bassist_Diver wrote:Guess who’s got two thumbs and fucking pneumonia?
And my boss basically told me to suck it up because we have a deadline on Friday and we’re behind schedule.

Please tell me your boss is middle management.
Because if he is, I'd make it clear to your HR rep and/or his/her boss that they want you to come in and work with a dangerous communicable disease.
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Bassist_Diver » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:19 pm

jrfox92 wrote:
Bassist_Diver wrote:Guess who’s got two thumbs and fucking pneumonia?

Please tell me your boss is middle management.
Because if he is, I'd make it clear to your HR rep and/or his/her boss that they want you to come in and work with a dangerous communicable disease.

Already have. I also had my doctor email me my records to show that I was diagnosed with it and that I'm not bullshitting. I did leave after a few hours after it was incredibly apparent to everyone else that I was about to keel over at any moment.

I also found out that our performance reviews aren't conducted by our home office. They're conducted by our offshore team in India, because even though I'm employed in the US, my boss's boss reports to the Indian chain of command, so therefore we're all under the rules dictating the Indian wing of the business. So that means the metrics I've been told to live up to are completely different than what I'm actually being judged on, and the person who will measure my metrics has never met me, doesn't know I exist, and doesn't know the context of the work I've done. He will also be comparing people who HE works with in his country, based on metrics they've known and worked towards, and oh, he can only give X number of promotions/raises each year, and I'm included in that pool along with however many are in that country.

Depending on how the rest of this year pans out I may be back on the market sooner than I thought.
The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever. - Jacques Cousteau
Good dealings with: Vrom, Conky

Yamaha / Gallien-Krueger / Pedals
Bassist_Diver

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby BetterOffShred » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:36 pm

This is all just plain wack man. I can't believe there are still companies around like this.
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby TraceItalian » Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:05 am

BetterOffShred wrote:This is all just plain wack man. I can't believe there are still companies around like this.

I had a stomach flu, my boss got into my face about using too much personal time, I said, "I used to live in the woods, if y'all will provide me a 5 gallon bucket, I'll gladly use it." Strangely, the complaints stopped after that.
TraceItalian

committed
committed

Postby calfzilla » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:44 am

BetterOffShred wrote:This is all just plain wack man. I can't believe there are still companies around like this.

My performance review was dictated to my supervisor by the head of HR and the owner of the company, neither of which have any idea what I do or why. They just take cues from a completely different department (instead of the department I'm actually in) and my performance review becomes based on "he said/she said" bullshit. I'm really upset that I'm losing my job over something this dumb; I doubt I will miss being in this type of environment.
I, myself, am a shit post
calfzilla

experienced
experienced

Postby Lurker13 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:27 pm

calfzilla wrote:

My performance review was dictated to my supervisor by the head of HR and the owner of the company, neither of which have any idea what I do or why. They just take cues from a completely different department (instead of the department I'm actually in) and my performance review becomes based on "he said/she said" bullshit. I'm really upset that I'm losing my job over something this dumb; I doubt I will miss being in this type of environment.

I'm sorry you're losing your job, but they way they conducted your performance review was totally unprofessional. If company policy defines the process and they deviated from it, you could have a legit legal grievance.
coldbrightsunlight wrote:Hey man, you can do what you want in this den of shame.
Lurker13

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby raj007 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:02 pm

So, I've been a stay at home dad for over 4 years ..but, it's time to get back to work (beyond this online teaching thing).

I've been on the job market here in Portland for 5 weeks and can't get anyone to give me the time of day.

I am college educated, have loads of various job experience, etc........

And I'm not even looking for precise shit....any full time gig that's weekdays will do just fine...don't even need a high paying position...

It's starting to piss me off.
popvulture wrote:Nothing is truer bypass than the void.

D.o.S wrote:Whenever I step on my tuner the shitty guitar playing stops.
raj007

experienced
experienced

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion