The spite, hate, rage, apathy and mild irritation thread...

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The spite, hate, rage, apathy and mild irritation thread

Postby dubkitty » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:04 pm

LOL! those actually look like my spectacle frames too!
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

FIFTY YEARS OF SCARING THE CHILDREN 1970-2020--and i'm not done yet

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

DUBZ LOOPZ 2: Electronic Renaissance coming soon to a Soundcloud near you!
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby BitchPudding » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:51 pm

Drummer quit my band this morning. We could all kinda see it coming, dude owns a business and is mad busy. But he was also being high key sexist to women in authority which does NOT fly with any of us. Would have probably asked him to leave if he hadnt done it himself.

Still sucks tho, now we have a gig on the 24th with no drummer. We'll make it work, but its gonna be tight trying to make it happen until then.
ummohyeah wrote:Godspeed rule and no amount of tape would make their pedalboards safe from my cum.

ImageImageImage
YO YO ITS YA BOI
The Eville Experience: http://www.rosegonzalesmusic.com/the-eville-experience
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/10Qbd3gcYrfIyZ89HCArCt?si=4KZfzqj5Qiq-rG0xFPjckA
BitchPudding

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:40 am

Just get a drum machine. Drummers are overrated. :)
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby BitchPudding » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:21 pm

Jwar wrote:Just get a drum machine. Drummers are overrated. :)

Honestly, we're considering embracing Ableton for percussion and live overdubs. I feel like technology has caught up enough where this is extremely doable and could open up a lot of possibilities for us performance wise. I mean, look at bands like Sleigh Bells and Melt Banana.

We're having a meeting with our producer Sunday. Def bringing up my enthusiasm for the software.
ummohyeah wrote:Godspeed rule and no amount of tape would make their pedalboards safe from my cum.

ImageImageImage
YO YO ITS YA BOI
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/10Qbd3gcYrfIyZ89HCArCt?si=4KZfzqj5Qiq-rG0xFPjckA
BitchPudding

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Schlatte » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:21 am

BitchPudding wrote:

Honestly, we're considering embracing Ableton for percussion and live overdubs. I feel like technology has caught up enough where this is extremely doable and could open up a lot of possibilities for us performance wise. I mean, look at bands like Sleigh Bells and Melt Banana.

We're having a meeting with our producer Sunday. Def bringing up my enthusiasm for the software.

Damn robots, taking our jobs! :rant:
Good Deals with: All these fine people!

MOM-D Shark Tank is back! Open Source Designs for musical pleasure! Back in the Tank! Go check it out!
Schlatte

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Benn Roe » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:46 am

What exactly does a producer do, with regard to a band? Is this the person who produces your records, or are they somehow involved with "producing" your band in general (like a brand manager or something)? I'm not trying to be rude or condescending; I've just really never heard of the latter, and I'm genuinely curious what that might entail.
Former Bands: Lazy Gaga, Kadis-kot, Pyramids, In First Person, the Holy Fucking Spirit, Take Down Your Art, A Petal Fallen
Benn Roe

experienced
experienced

Postby Lurker13 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:29 pm

Schlatte wrote:
BitchPudding wrote:

Damn robots, taking our jobs! :rant:

Let's build a cyberwall!
coldbrightsunlight wrote:Hey man, you can do what you want in this den of shame.
Lurker13

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Jero » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:26 pm

Woke up today half deaf in my right ear.
It's been dull for a long as time but holy shit it's bad right now. Really hope it goes away...or should I say comes back?
I played guitar for a couple hours last night, and haven't in a while, maybe it's from that. Almost feels like my ear canal is numb or something :eek:
I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby dubkitty » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:01 pm

can you afford to see an EEENT doctor? that sounds pretty serious.
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

FIFTY YEARS OF SCARING THE CHILDREN 1970-2020--and i'm not done yet

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

DUBZ LOOPZ 2: Electronic Renaissance coming soon to a Soundcloud near you!
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby Snufkino » Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:27 pm

Some fucking ebay motherfucker I've bought something from hasn't arrived. I check the motherfuckers feedback, which has a few negatives, each of which refers to not having received an item, and one of them (from a while ago) is for what I've just "bought" from him... what the fuck? At least one person got refunded, and I guess the others could have so he's... temporarily scamming people? Like for some kind of weird power trip? Weirdly though, the most expensive pedal he sold arrived and the buyer gave positive feedback so I have no fucking clue what this motherfucker has for a brain.

Also, with "review" culture being such a strong thing, i.e. people freaking out if you leave "just" 4.5 out of 5 for something, you'd think ebay would have banned this motherfucker already. He only has 37 feedback, three or four or which are negative for the same thing. Non existent/unsent items. The deeper I go into this rabbit hole, the more I'm perpetually looking like a confused Jackie Chan meme.
Snufkino

experienced
experienced

Postby Jero » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:02 am

dubkitty wrote:can you afford to see an EEENT doctor? that sounds pretty serious.

Maybe. I'm gonna see how things go over the next couple of days. I already wanted to go to one anyway, as I have sinus and other issues sometimes. That ear has been dull for a while, where I have high end loss, but nothing major...but this is a whole different thing. It's at least half as efficient as normal. Almost like it's plugged.
...probably just spiders laying eggs :snax:

Snufkino wrote:Some fucking ebay motherfucker I've bought something from hasn't arrived. I check the motherfuckers feedback, which has a few negatives, each of which refers to not having received an item, and one of them (from a while ago) is for what I've just "bought" from him... what the fuck? At least one person got refunded, and I guess the others could have so he's... temporarily scamming people? Like for some kind of weird power trip? Weirdly though, the most expensive pedal he sold arrived and the buyer gave positive feedback so I have no fucking clue what this motherfucker has for a brain.

Also, with "review" culture being such a strong thing, i.e. people freaking out if you leave "just" 4.5 out of 5 for something, you'd think ebay would have banned this motherfucker already. He only has 37 feedback, three or four or which are negative for the same thing. Non existent/unsent items. The deeper I go into this rabbit hole, the more I'm perpetually looking like a confused Jackie Chan meme.

Lame. Hopefully it shows up! I think only one time has that happened to me, but I was able to get a refund, thankfully.
I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Bassist_Diver » Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:41 pm

Snufkino wrote:Some fucking ebay motherfucker I've bought something from hasn't arrived. I check the motherfuckers feedback, which has a few negatives, each of which refers to not having received an item, and one of them (from a while ago) is for what I've just "bought" from him... what the fuck? At least one person got refunded, and I guess the others could have so he's... temporarily scamming people? Like for some kind of weird power trip? Weirdly though, the most expensive pedal he sold arrived and the buyer gave positive feedback so I have no fucking clue what this motherfucker has for a brain.

FWIW, eBay/Paypal are very good about refunding money. I've been burned a few times on there and have yet to have a problem getting my money back when problems arose. Best of luck and hopefully it does eventually show up.
The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever. - Jacques Cousteau
Good dealings with: Vrom, Conky

Yamaha / Gallien-Krueger / Pedals
Bassist_Diver

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby BitchPudding » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:14 pm

Benn Roe wrote:What exactly does a producer do, with regard to a band? Is this the person who produces your records, or are they somehow involved with "producing" your band in general (like a brand manager or something)? I'm not trying to be rude or condescending; I've just really never heard of the latter, and I'm genuinely curious what that might entail.

Our guy is in charge of overseeing our recording processes, lots of behind the board work. Him and me work closely together on fine tuning the sound. He also has a lot of business insight which is great, as well as just being a cool ass dude.

ImageImageImage
YO YO ITS YA BOI
BitchPudding

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Mudfuzz » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:19 pm

Benn Roe wrote:What exactly does a producer do, with regard to a band? .

Keep you motivated so you don't play like crap.
Keep an ear on what will help you sound the best you can so you don't sound like crap.
Help mold and steer you in the optimum direction of what you are trying to achieve so the outcome isn't crap.
Put up with all your crap.
Mudfuzz

HERO
HERO

Postby Dowi » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:02 pm

Reverb sellers that list stuff accepting offers but never even answer (nor positively or negatively) to reasonable ones: what is your point? :idk:
BIRCH BARK | Solo stuff | Bandcamp - Youtube
HIBAGON | Polyrhythmic Heavy Duo | Bandcamp - Spotyshit
Dowi

IAMILF
IAMILF

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion