The spite, hate, rage, apathy and mild irritation thread...

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The spite, hate, rage, apathy and mild irritation thread

Postby Disarm D'arcy » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:01 pm

It's okay, it was literally shitty fake news.
Good deals: OsbornKT, Phantasmagorovich, UglyCasanova, DarkAxel, Skip, D.o.S, ColdBrightSunlight, Eivind August, Goroth

https://linktr.ee/disarmdarcy

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Disarm D'arcy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Chankgeez » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:10 pm

Bonus points if the newspaper had a photo of Trump on it. :thumb:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby karmablock » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:57 pm

odontophobia wrote:
karmablock wrote:icloud bullshit! I can't use my computer because my apple id password isn't being accepted despite it working for 3 other devices.

Did you change your iCloud password recently? If so try the old one if you haven't. If not you may be able to reset then password via the recovery partition. Not sure if or let's you do that with AppleID.

My iMac wouldn't recognize my password for App Store, iMessage, and iCloud. It would on everything else. I ended up having to delete my computer from my account then add it again. But before that I changed my password to make sure they were all using the same one. That caused everything thing else to disconnect and even when logged back in wouldn't connect without a lot of menu diving.
karmablock

experienced
experienced

Postby odontophobia » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:10 pm

I do not like utilizing appleID passwords for log-in passwords for just those such reasons.
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby waltdogg » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:20 pm

i've never fucked with appleid or keychain passwords. fuck that nonsense.
D.o.S. wrote:Why do people eat steak that shit is gross

behndy wrote:lol. she thinks Brazil is wayyyy too unsafe. but i got PLANS.

MechaGodzilla wrote:man, fuck those big neutrik plugs
waltdogg

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby odontophobia » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:46 pm

waltdogg wrote:i've never fucked with appleid or keychain passwords. fuck that nonsense.

i understand it probably in the way you understand tech work on a guitar so for me it's not all too bad but there are just certain things about it i dislike.
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby karmablock » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:39 am

99% of the time it is fine. The time that it does fucks up it is a big day long fucking hassle. I'd still rather deal with this once or twice a year pain in my ass than have to be proficient in problem solving like I had to with a pc.
karmablock

experienced
experienced

Postby nieh » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:08 am

I'm just sick of everything. Just absolutely everything. I can't even put it into words. I just can't do it. I haven't felt like this in a while and I don't know if I can go through this again.
Chankgeez wrote:(Don't worry, spouses come and go, ILF is forever.)

nieh

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Iommic Pope » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:44 am

nieh wrote:I'm just sick of everything. Just absolutely everything. I can't even put it into words. I just can't do it. I haven't felt like this in a while and I don't know if I can go through this again.

Be cool man.
Just another trip around on the merry-go-round. :hug:

Fucking dumbasses selling shit on Reverb... :whateva:
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby D.o.S. » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:25 am

going to be circumspect about this but someone I know wound up in the suicide ward recently for what are, in some lights, very petty/offputting reasons.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Iommic Pope » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:17 am

It doesn't take much when it's bad.
I wasn't trying to flippant, I guess I'm just at a point where, personally, when i start to feel like the world is packing my bags for that one way trip to Shitsville, I can kind of sit back and see it for what it is.
"Ah, this again." Depression doesn't get better, and life is constant flux, it is what it is, but the way you deal with it can change for good.
Nieh, I hope that didn't come off as dismissive, but my point was, you've dealt before and gotten through, whatever it was, you're stronger now because you've dealt with it, so you can do it again.
And again.
And again.
No matter how many times.

Obviously, identify patterns and change the actions that lead you back down the same old paths.
Not learning is death.

And, DoS, I hope your friend is doing better and getting what they need.
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Invisible Man » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:59 am

Posted about this here before, but good grief this job is kicking the shit out of me. I lose sleep over it every night.

It seems insane to me that you can't both contribute something or advance a field in some infinitesimal way and survive...you can have an interesting, fulfilling job or you can eke out a meager living supporting a family by prostrating yourself to insane economic forces (if you are so lucky as to get either; most are not). In my naivete, I thought I'd found some reasonable middle-ground by spending every second of my twenties working toward it. Ugh. Not willing to give up yet, but wow work is grim.

tl;dr: I want it all; can't have it; paralyzed by realization of sunk costs and idealism.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.

https://soundcloud.com/invisible-man-music
https://bradromans.bandcamp.com/album/figures
Invisible Man

Zen of BILF
Zen of BILF

Postby Wittgenstein » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:33 am

Invisible Man wrote:Posted about this here before, but good grief this job is kicking the shit out of me. I lose sleep over it every night.

It seems insane to me that you can't both contribute something or advance a field in some infinitesimal way and survive...you can have an interesting, fulfilling job or you can eke out a meager living supporting a family by prostrating yourself to insane economic forces (if you are so lucky as to get either; most are not). In my naivete, I thought I'd found some reasonable middle-ground by spending every second of my twenties working toward it. Ugh. Not willing to give up yet, but wow work is grim.

tl;dr: I want it all; can't have it; paralyzed by realization of sunk costs and idealism.

I sold out, took a job in finance, and am (mostly) happier for it. I make considerably more than I would as an assistant professor in the humanities (which isn't saying much), and I still don't have any money (spend it all). I guess if I'm being perfectly honest, though, I do miss the work. I just recently poured over Xenophon's Hiero, with its obvious relevance to the current state of politics, and started to do some writing before realizing no one would fucking read it. Actually, I guess that's not so much different than academics anyway.
This course, a perpetual alternation of determining what is true, and then setting aside this determining, constitutes, strictly speaking, the steady everyday life and activity of perpetual consciousness, a consciousness which fancies itself to be moving in the realm of truth.
Wittgenstein

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Lurker13 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:19 pm

Invisible Man wrote:Posted about this here before, but good grief this job is kicking the shit out of me. I lose sleep over it every night.

Man, that sounds really awful. Academia is a mess right now, that's for sure. Putting business managers in charge of educational institutions is without a doubt one of the most fucked up ideas of all time.

Let me know if I can help, even if you just need more moral support.
coldbrightsunlight wrote:Hey man, you can do what you want in this den of shame.
Lurker13

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby spacelordmother » Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:35 am

Craigslisters setting up a time for a sale and then letting you know last minute they sold a bunch of the stuff you agreed upon but "it's cool you can still come over." :grumpy:
spacelordmother

HERO
HERO

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion