The spite, hate, rage, apathy and mild irritation thread...

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The spite, hate, rage, apathy and mild irritation thread

Postby jirodreamsofdank » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:04 pm

mild irritation: Got a JDM pedal in the mail yesterday, all the rear screws had fallen out. No size machine screw fits (tested as many as I could at the hardware store), I think the holes were drilled just a hair too big somehow (6-32 too small, 8-32 too big, same with metric equivalents). Got frustrated at the whole mess, wasn't about to deal with shipping it back to Europe, so I used some Gorilla-brand adhesive to seal it.

Annoying that the pedal company didn't notice that the screws they put in didn't actually fit or hold but this pedal doesn't take a battery so fuck it.
jirodreamsofdank

experienced
experienced

Postby Achtane » Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:20 pm

I'm getting sick but this is the sketchiest day of the year to call out...
On the other hand, screw another 12 hours of feeling like shit all day after little sleep.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Louy7zH9guw
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby TraceItalian » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:33 pm

Mu friend went over my head and paid the Reverb fee. I know she did it to help me out but it really annoys me, I've basically admitted culpability and they're just gonna get away with their bullshit.
TraceItalian

committed
committed

Postby Benn Roe » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:54 pm

Wasn't the problem that they just charged the wrong card? Wasn't the plan to pay them, but you were having trouble figuring out how? Maybe I'm not getting it.
Former Bands: Lazy Gaga, Kadis-kot, Pyramids, In First Person, the Holy Fucking Spirit, Take Down Your Art, A Petal Fallen
Benn Roe

experienced
experienced

Postby jrfox92 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:38 am

Instead of Reverb being the ones to fix their shit, Trace's friend dealt with it themselves, which mean Reverb doesn't need to give a shit about the fact that their own system is fucked.
That means this exact same situation is likely to happen again and Reverb will, again, do fuck all rather than fix it because they didn't have to the first time the issue happened.
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby chuckjaywalk » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:16 am

I can’t listen to the music I love without tears in my eyes. I haven’t slept for more than two hours straight in weeks. The hellhounds are at my heels.
My force of habit, I am an insect
I have to confess I'm proud as hell of that fact
chuckjaywalk

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby dubkitty » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:20 pm

do you have any idea of things that might help? i've being feeling pretty crap the last days due to world-historical events and such tweaking my outlook which is typically dark to begin with. i've used a number of strategies to try to cope; i know you're in tough economic straits right now, so please don't feel bad if i inadvertently suggest something you can't do. things i've done have included:

getting out of the house and moving around in/on something with wheels. the world going by outside the windows is better than any movie on earth, and with the right music it's almost close to my personal heaven. i happied up significantly by going for a long drive in the country this weekend. of course, gas cost is a concern. if you have a bicycle, that can be even more diverting than driving due to the extra effort and attention required. the cheapest option is to find somewhere to go for a walk. i find downtown in large cities very entertaining, but IIRC you're in a smaller place; i find walking in the woods or anywhere with a positive trees-to-humans ration to be very restorative. the farther i am away from large numbers of humans, the less anxious i become. physical activity also helps derail repetitive thought patterns, and aids in rebalancing a fucked-up sleep cycle.

eating something i really love. at my most miserable my super-favorite foods still get to me; there are few things a good pizza or a slice of cheesecake can't ameliorate at least a little. a burrito, 2 pizza slices, or a cheesecake slice from WalMart is only $2-$6 and can cheer me up for hours. you want to watch out not to end up wearing ten or fifteen pounds of consolation, though.

listening to extremely soothing music. i'm talking ambient Brian Eno, Stars of the Lid, Windy and Carl, or very quiet abstract techno a la Pole, Pan Sonic, or Thomas Köner...music that's so diffuse that you have to exert pretty detailed listening effort to stay in the flow and it becomes almost meditative to follow along, and abstract enough to not impose an emotional framework.

but the one thing that makes me feel the most better, corny as it may sound, is to go through my day in the world and try to be as nice as possible to everybody i encounter. whenever i get someone else to smile or be happy, it makes me feel less like a worthless piece of shit. when i was in DC the other day, on my way into McDonalds (yeah, i like fast food...so shoot me) i walked by a young black man buried in his cellphone while sitting on a very racy-looking motorcycle, the sort of low-slung thing with the long brushed-aluminum rear fork you'd see at a motorcycle concours ď elegance. i grinned at him and said "nice ride, man" to which he lit up like a Christmas tree...i hope it was the happiest he felt all day. and the nice thing that is if i look closely and try to be open i don't even have to lie to be nice.

i tried to think of stuff that requires the minimum amount of effort. when i'm depressed i don't even want to walk over to the kitchen. there's also online retail therapy (if you get my drift), but i reckon that you don't have that option at the moment. hope something here helps :hug:
Last edited by dubkitty on Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:35 pm, edited 4 times in total.
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

FIFTY YEARS OF SCARING THE CHILDREN 1970-2020--and i'm not done yet

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

DUBZ LOOPZ 2: Electronic Renaissance coming soon to a Soundcloud near you!
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby dubkitty » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:23 pm

and if you like dogs, asking to pet the dogs you meet when out and about will always lift your spirits. i'm a dog-lover with no space in my life for a dog. my employer (a pretty large on-line retailer) lets employees bring their tractable dogs to work, and whenever i start feeling icky i can go find a dog nose to snuggle. it's especially satisfying when they get all happy and waggy-tailed.

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby Achtane » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:22 pm

Those are all excellent suggestions!

Occasionally I'll go to a lake the next city over and walk through the trail system there. It's only like a mile long. Chilling at the edge of the water in the little off-trail areas and just staring for a while makes me feel more relaxed, especially in stressful times, than anything else ever could. Need to do it more often.

Fishing is like this too. I rarely catch anything big enough to eat but it's still a fun excuse to go somewhere nature-y. And it's cheap. Get a Cuban yoyo (5bux) and you don't even need a rod.

Look for "natural areas" instead of parks and you'll find cooler, less populated places to go that are still maintained like a park or reserve. I guess really the fucking off far away from other people aspect is what makes it so rejuvenating for me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Louy7zH9guw
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby chuckjaywalk » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:26 pm

Thank you so much, dubkitty and achtane. The good news is that there is a light at the end of my tunnel. I'm leaving this no good situation and heading to a place where I have friends and support. And a dog. I just have to endure.
My force of habit, I am an insect
I have to confess I'm proud as hell of that fact
chuckjaywalk

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby TraceItalian » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:43 pm

jrfox92 wrote:Instead of Reverb being the ones to fix their shit, Trace's friend dealt with it themselves, which mean Reverb doesn't need to give a shit about the fact that their own system is fucked.
That means this exact same situation is likely to happen again and Reverb will, again, do fuck all rather than fix it because they didn't have to the first time the issue happened.

Ya with me! I'm still fighting with them over it, and I'm more than willing to go to hell over that $14.71.

In a seperate story, started a new contracting job, the husband came out, introduced himself, telling jokes and stories. His wife came out, didn't even introduce herself, just said to me and my friend, "That looks like fucking shit." I was actually shocked. She later complained about her reception in the South, and I see why. I really didn't know how to reply.
TraceItalian

committed
committed

Postby jirodreamsofdank » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:51 pm

I finally bought a sofa (Article Ceni) three years after I dragged my last one to the curb because the cushions had no strength at all. Promptly discovered that it's about two inches too short for me to sleep on. Other than it's just okay so I have to decide in the next week if I'm going to deal with the hassle of returning it.

I should just suck it up and buy a sad old man recliner to watch movies in.
jirodreamsofdank

experienced
experienced

Postby Benn Roe » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:23 am

The tracking number for my custom RM-1N shows that it was delivered on Wednesday! Yay! Except, it wasn't delivered (at least not to me), and who the fuck knows where it is right now? It's CanadaPost, and it seems like they gave it to some no-name shipper when it crossed into the US, so I don't even know where to start. I emailed Industrialectric for help already, and they're seeing what they can do since it was shipped with signature required, but preliminarily this isn't looking good...
Former Bands: Lazy Gaga, Kadis-kot, Pyramids, In First Person, the Holy Fucking Spirit, Take Down Your Art, A Petal Fallen
Benn Roe

experienced
experienced

Postby Bassist_Diver » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:01 pm

While I was deadlifting someone behind me was carrying a barbell and tripped, sending said barbell into my back when I was about to lock my lift (AKA when my back was at max effort). It hurts to move.
The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever. - Jacques Cousteau
Good dealings with: Vrom, Conky

Yamaha / Gallien-Krueger / Pedals
Bassist_Diver

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby dubkitty » Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:20 am

Benn Roe wrote:The tracking number for my custom RM-1N shows that it was delivered on Wednesday! Yay! Except, it wasn't delivered (at least not to me), and who the fuck knows where it is right now? It's CanadaPost, and it seems like they gave it to some no-name shipper when it crossed into the US, so I don't even know where to start. I emailed Industrialectric for help already, and they're seeing what they can do since it was shipped with signature required, but preliminarily this isn't looking good...

this happened to me with a Ecstasy of St. Theresa CD which i got for a killer deal on Discogs; it got shipped to somebody in Canada who never sent it back. fucker. all their discs were pressed only in the Czech Republic and are vanishingly rare, thus i would up having to buy the 4-CD set which is even more scarce and cost me like $85-90 (i've blocked the actual cost from my memory due to PTSD). that was OK, though, because that set has the only version of their first EP that's been released on CD. but still.

dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion