The spite, hate, rage, apathy and mild irritation thread...

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The spite, hate, rage, apathy and mild irritation thread

Postby spacelordmother » Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:42 am

fldrvr wrote:Finally made the decision to put my sweet little old lady cat to "sleep". She'd been hanging on, but it was clear that she was suffering. It's fucking me up to no end.

A big reason why is that her deterioration mirrored that of my mother, who died in 2018 of cancer (cat also had cancer). So yeah, that's brought back an avalanche of shit feelings.

Really sorry to hear that. Hard decision to make, even when you know it will give her some relief. :cry: :hug:
spacelordmother

HERO
HERO

Postby Bassist_Diver » Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:06 pm

My family and I have had an extremely strained relationship since Labor Day. My sister and I had a really bad falling out after she was such a cunt to my fiance and me that we got into a yelling match, she said some truly horrible things about me and my fiance, and convinced my parents that I'm insane and unstable. This sent me into such a tailspin that I had a panic attack that sent me to the hospital and had to start therapy and medication. I've since had a heart to heart with my parents, but now my mom is an emotional wreck, my dad is distant, and they both are handling me like I'm a fragile cracked porcelain doll. My sister doesn't think she did anything wrong and is "upset" that I don't see her as an infallible, perfect goddess. And my brother is being a kumbaya, "just forgive and forget" hippie.

So yesterday I made the decision that visiting them during Christmas is simply not worth the effort, awkwardness, or potential hurt that would come from being around them. We're staying home, going to make a nice dinner, and just enjoy each other's company and start our own Christmas thing. All their presents have already been mailed to them and we're going to try again during a less stressful, holiday-free period. And while I know this is the right thing to do I'm strangely still upset by not being there. At least until I roleplay it in my head and I lose my shit.

Brains are strange, y'all.
The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever. - Jacques Cousteau
Good dealings with: Vrom, Conky

Yamaha / Gallien-Krueger / Pedals
Bassist_Diver

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby fldrvr » Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:45 pm

spacelordmother wrote:
fldrvr wrote:Finally made the decision to put my sweet little old lady cat to "sleep". She'd been hanging on, but it was clear that she was suffering. It's fucking me up to no end.

A big reason why is that her deterioration mirrored that of my mother, who died in 2018 of cancer (cat also had cancer). So yeah, that's brought back an avalanche of shit feelings.

Really sorry to hear that. Hard decision to make, even when you know it will give her some relief. :cry: :hug:

thanks. time heals n all that. appreciate the support.
Good deals: Monkey Boy, julius_deane, oldangelmidnight, K2000 (x2), kbithecrowing, Casavettes, leaves turn, psychedelicrelic, nevada, alexsga, sa1126, Invisible Man, foot, solewheelin', hbombgraphics, bronzetalon, Aquietcabin1978, bass_econo, christafarai; (on TalkBass) jazzyitalian, MicG, bufert57, marineman227, karter2000; (on TGP) leray1, Electroman, bigEbeer; (on DIYstompboxes) LucifersTrip, lethargytartare; (on HC) StratsRule07, lfrz93, Firebrand, caeman, bluesthug
fldrvr

experienced
experienced

Postby ck3 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:13 pm

Small potatoes compared to most posts in this thread, but Rock and Roll Vintage keeps sending me demo/floor models when I purchase EHX pedals that are on sale. We're now 3 for 3 with the Cathedral and Ring Thing that just arrived. They were decent in the past with a partial refund on a Graphic Fuzz, though I'm thinking they may question a double whammy scenario. Buyer beware.
ck3

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby fldrvr » Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:04 pm

Bassist_Diver wrote:My family and I have had an extremely strained relationship since Labor Day. My sister and I had a really bad falling out after she was such a cunt to my fiance and me that we got into a yelling match, she said some truly horrible things about me and my fiance, and convinced my parents that I'm insane and unstable. This sent me into such a tailspin that I had a panic attack that sent me to the hospital and had to start therapy and medication. I've since had a heart to heart with my parents, but now my mom is an emotional wreck, my dad is distant, and they both are handling me like I'm a fragile cracked porcelain doll. My sister doesn't think she did anything wrong and is "upset" that I don't see her as an infallible, perfect goddess. And my brother is being a kumbaya, "just forgive and forget" hippie.

So yesterday I made the decision that visiting them during Christmas is simply not worth the effort, awkwardness, or potential hurt that would come from being around them. We're staying home, going to make a nice dinner, and just enjoy each other's company and start our own Christmas thing. All their presents have already been mailed to them and we're going to try again during a less stressful, holiday-free period. And while I know this is the right thing to do I'm strangely still upset by not being there. At least until I roleplay it in my head and I lose my shit.

Brains are strange, y'all.

Sorry to hear about all this. Hope your holiday is smooth and happy.
Good deals: Monkey Boy, julius_deane, oldangelmidnight, K2000 (x2), kbithecrowing, Casavettes, leaves turn, psychedelicrelic, nevada, alexsga, sa1126, Invisible Man, foot, solewheelin', hbombgraphics, bronzetalon, Aquietcabin1978, bass_econo, christafarai; (on TalkBass) jazzyitalian, MicG, bufert57, marineman227, karter2000; (on TGP) leray1, Electroman, bigEbeer; (on DIYstompboxes) LucifersTrip, lethargytartare; (on HC) StratsRule07, lfrz93, Firebrand, caeman, bluesthug
fldrvr

experienced
experienced

Postby jirodreamsofdank » Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:42 am

more confusion than irritation - I watched a video about DaVinci Resolve (video editing software) and now (because Youtube's algorithm is garbage) I've been introduced to this whole world of visual/tech demo/reviewers who just make demos about the ability to make demos. Like $30k in Mac Pros to make videos about benchmarks for editing videos about making benchmarks.

Knowing that there's a world worse than guitar and pedal demos is horrifying.
jirodreamsofdank

experienced
experienced

Postby Bassist_Diver » Wed Dec 25, 2019 6:03 pm

Update from my post about Milo in the happiness thread; last update was
SPOILER : show
Bassist_Diver wrote:Deets:
The shelter thinks he's a black mouth cur and weimaraner mix. However, he's incredibly chill and relaxed and was when we met him in the shelter before he was neutered and on 72 hour pain meds.
He only weighs 38 lbs and is basically skin and bones, so we need to get him up to at least 45. Puppy food mixed with adult food, good times.
He's super shy and timid but an absolute sweetheart. He's also housebroken, so we're 99% sure he was abandoned by some fucking piece of shit scumbags. The shyness is obviously partly because it's new people and a new place, but if he was abandoned this will definitely contribute to this and distrusting most people.
Great around other dogs, CBFed about cats. Despite this, the resident cat is not amused by his addition.

Now for the bad news - in addition to being severely underweight, he has tapeworms, whipworms, and heart worms. The former two were easy to treat and have since passed. The HW, however, is treatable (they were recently discovered after being in the shelter for a month, so they're not dangerously developed yet) but rough. On Monday he starts 30 days of antibiotics (delayed thanks to the holidays), then after that he gets a spinal injection, has to be on crate rest for four weeks, get a second injection, and then a third the following day.

He's gonna have a very rough couple of months. But he's such a sweet, gentle dog that it'll all be worth it.

So last night we noticed he wasn't eating much and was very lethargic. At first we thought this was due to the pain meds they gave him. But then he started breathing very fast and shallow, had a lot of snot and other mucus oozing from his eyes and snout, and occasionally would have bouts of extremely heavy wheezing/difficulty breathing and then he would hack up a huge pile of mucus or some other thick fluid. We kept an eye on him all night but this morning he wasn't responding to us, wasn't eating, and wasn't drinking. Plus his breathing got faster, sounded watery, and he was wheezing a lot more. After two hours at the animal hospital he was found to have a fever, was two pounds LIGHTER (he was already very underweight), and diagnosed with aspiration pneumonia. For the unaware, it's a rare side effect of being put under anesthesia for any animal, including humans; basically you get some fluid from elsewhere in your body into your lungs while you're drugged up during a procedure. Nothing you can really do to prevent it and we're not blaming the shelter or vet team that neutered him.

The good news, though, is that 1. we caught it within 12 hours of it developing, so it didn't have a chance to spread and is isolated to only one part of one lung, it's 2. NOT a result of his heart worms, 3. NOT contagious, and 4. when they X-rayed him they also assessed his HW damage and found it to be extremely minimal, indicating this is a more recent development than the shelter thought and makes it all the more treatable. The bad news, however, is A. he needs to stay overnight in the hospital for IV antibiotics and fluids because of how malnourished/underweight he is (IV antis will act much harder and faster than orals and ebbs the severity of antibiotics'.... "dehydrating" effects), B. hospital stays are god damn expensive, and C. he'll need to wait another week or two before he can start on his HW treatment.

It was a very bittersweet Christmas morning - we're happy we were able to get him taken care of early and know this was the right thing, but we're still worried about him and miss having him around.

Also, I know this may be against the rules but fuck it - I have some pedals FS in the classifieds. I originally was moving them just to have the cash but now I need to sell them to help cover his hospital bill. I've dropped the prices a bit to sweeten the pot. I know y'all are all probably stretched with the holidays, but if there's anything you want or need please consider giving one of my toys a shot.
The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever. - Jacques Cousteau
Good dealings with: Vrom, Conky

Yamaha / Gallien-Krueger / Pedals
Bassist_Diver

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Achtane » Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:35 pm

I've kinda come to hate Year's Eve and July 4 because it's such a goddamn nightmare when you have a dog.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Louy7zH9guw
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Gone Fission » Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:56 pm

Achtane wrote:I've kinda come to hate Year's Eve and July 4 because it's such a goddamn nightmare when you have a dog.

No kidding. Some fireworks already tonight in the neighborhood (fuckers) but our new furry family member seems to be doing okay with it so far. Hope that holds.
D.o.S. wrote:Broadly speaking, if we at ILF are dropping 300 bucks on a pedal it probably sounds like an SNES holocaust.
friendship wrote:death to false bleep-blop
UglyCasanova wrote:brb gonna slap my dick on my stomp boxes
Gone Fission

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby TraceItalian » Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:21 pm

Achtane wrote:I've kinda come to hate Year's Eve and July 4 because it's such a goddamn nightmare when you have a dog.

I considered it as a joint bday/friend's engagement/NYE thing, but there are so many dogs around. Doesn't stop my neighbor from shooting his fucking elephant gun
TraceItalian

committed
committed

Postby jrfox92 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:32 pm

TraceItalian wrote:

I considered it as a joint bday/friend's engagement/NYE thing, but there are so many dogs around. Doesn't stop my neighbor from shooting his fucking elephant gun

Ugh. I'm glad I don't live in Texas, anymore, where rednecks would fire fucking shotguns during every holiday like we didn't live in the suburbs.
It snowed pretty decently last night, so I doubt there'll be any fireworks or idiots with guns this new year's.
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby raj007 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:45 am

Water is to human as firework is to hick.
popvulture wrote:Nothing is truer bypass than the void.

D.o.S wrote:Whenever I step on my tuner the shitty guitar playing stops.
raj007

experienced
experienced

Postby Achtane » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:10 pm

The most unprofessional tree crew I've ever seen must be doing a low price special in my neighborhood because everybody's suddenly having their trees very poorly chopped down.

Who uses a bucket truck to fell a tree after sundown, with no lighting, while bumping the bucket into power lines? These guys.

Our next door neighbors hired them and we came home tonight to big-ass trucks and machinery in our backyard, our gate off its hinges, and motherfuckers chilling in our yard with their shit on the front steps. They said that they got in touch with the landlord and she gave them permission to use our yard.
They packed up and said that they would reattach the gate "soon" but actually just went home for the day.
Heard back from the landlord and she never talked to them, like I thought.

I don't know how they managed to do it, but in the process of removing the gate from its hinge, they pulled up one of the posts, concrete and all. So now the gate can't even be closed.

They left some shitty hand tools behind that mysteriously fell into the trash can shortly after they left. Fucking assholes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Louy7zH9guw
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby jirodreamsofdank » Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:46 pm

I broke/chipped off the corner of a molar, time to find out if my new dental insurance is worth the cost. (Doubtful)
jirodreamsofdank

experienced
experienced

Postby D.o.S. » Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:44 pm

Work shit is killing my will do to real life shit in a serious way.

This is not a good feeling two weeks back from the holidays.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion