The spite, hate, rage, apathy and mild irritation thread...

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The spite, hate, rage, apathy and mild irritation thread

Postby Iommic Pope » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:56 pm

Disarm D'arcy wrote:Smoking is slowly becoming a forbidden activity in France. In the workplace, in schools, in restaurants, bars... And now pretty much in any place that is not your someone's home or a street. Freedom I tell you.

There's no legal definition of god. I don't know what abstract antity you chose to worship you are referring to. Legally defining a god or a religious belief is forbidden because churches and politics are separate. Catholics and Muslims are treated the same as members of the cult of the virtues of the Onion and Jedis. Freedom.

When Australia never has a referendum or coupe to topple our shit,two party system and rebuild it from the ground up with a shiny new constitution, remind us to call you guys and the Scandobros.
Although Alain de Botton is,apparently, not welcome I my town after he called it ugly.
He's right.
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby jrfox92 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:07 pm

Disarm D'arcy wrote:Freedom.

Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby jrfox92 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:16 pm

My television (gigantic 60" television) just died, my desktop has been taken apart for the move-in (moving my business into my house), I've watched everything worth watching on Netflix and Amazon Prime, I'm pretty much dead broke, and I only have enough gas in my car to drive back to work tomorrow upon which I'll hopefully be able to get enough money to fill the tank back up.

On the upside, I finally bought groceries last night after eating pretty much nothing but pasta and tortillas+cheese for the last week. :snax:
Since I always forget:

jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby GuitarSlim101 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:21 am

Well, work has been a steady downward spiral the last few months, and I think I may have to look for a new job or figure out how to get all my shit together to just start my own little place. I've come to the realization that the current owners give no fucks about the employees and teachers (it's a small, mom and pop music store). Our primary guitar teacher, who's been with the store since 19fucking79 essentially quit today after the owner shit all over him when he mentioned a few things he'd like to see changed, primarily that lesson prices are going up in September, and the resulting split between what the store takes and what the teachers get paid is nearly 50/50, which is entirely unacceptable. The owner did the same thing to me about a year ago. The current owners have miraculously managed to keep the place in business since they bought the place in 1997, but they've done nearly nothing to adapt to new technology or the shifting marketplace since 1997. We don't even have internet access at the store because they're afraid someone will hack into our computers and steal our financial information.

What kills me is that I've put 10 years of my life into this place, 8 of those full time. I'm only 27, so relatively speaking, that is a considerable amount of my fucking time. But I think it's time for a change.

Also, the job market blows. I've been browsing various job listings for the last couple hours, and it's looking increasingly like I'll either be working at FedEx/UPS, or trying to make shit work on my own doing freelance lessons and guitar repairs, plus picking up as many gigs as I possibly can. Goddamn it. This has also thrown a monkey wrench in my attempt to quit cigarettes, so, that's also a bummer.

Also also, I'm at the point where I've realized that, over the last year, I've been watching my life unravel little by little. Fiancée left me, jobs going to hell, I barely make enough to survive, the drugs don't work. The only constant positives in my life have been this place, my pets, and music. I don't know what the fuck to do.
GuitarSlim101

committed
committed

Postby Eivind August » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:26 am

No idea how this works over yonder, but is there anyway you could get a loan and persuade the current owners to sell the store to you? Sounds like you would do a hell of a lot better managing the place.

Anyway, best of luck. :hug:
https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
NSFW: show
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby jrfox92 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:23 am

Eivind August wrote:No idea how this works over yonder, but is there anyway you could get a loan and persuade the current owners to sell the store to you? Sounds like you would do a hell of a lot better managing the place.

That would really depend on the owners being able to accept that they're fucking everything up.
That's how I got to own my business, but I had to wait until the previous owner realized he was too far down the hole and had no idea what the fuck he was doing and finally gave up. :idk:
I didn't even need to get a loan, I made an agreement with the guy that he'd be paid for the transfer of the business over a period of a year so it didn't mess with my credit.
So, it's doable but depends entirely on the owners.
Since I always forget:

jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby GuitarSlim101 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:52 pm

Yeah, that is in the cards, but they've driven the business so deep into the ground that it would be difficult to build it back up. Plus the store is in a really high rent part of town and we don't own the building, which is degrading further and further into disrepair. We'll see what happens, though. I'm not financially stable enough to just bail without a solid plan, so I won't be making any quick decisions.
GuitarSlim101

committed
committed

Postby jrfox92 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:29 pm

GuitarSlim101 wrote:Yeah, that is in the cards, but they've driven the business so deep into the ground that it would be difficult to build it back up. Plus the store is in a really high rent part of town and we don't own the building, which is degrading further and further into disrepair. We'll see what happens, though. I'm not financially stable enough to just bail without a solid plan, so I won't be making any quick decisions.

Man, I'm in the exact same situation.
Rent's $1300 a month, I'm several payments behind because life, and the entire building (which has something around 12 suites) is barely worked on at all.
The lightbulb in the men's bathroom has been out for a week and no one has made any attempt to replace it.
:picard:
Since I always forget:

jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby GuitarSlim101 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:53 pm

Man, I just want to make and fix guitars, make music, and help others make music in a low stress environment with good people and no bullshit. Why does that have to be so difficult?
GuitarSlim101

committed
committed

Postby Iommic Pope » Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:05 am

Because it doesn't make any money.
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby kbit » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:16 pm

Been about a week since I started wearing a wrist brace, trying not to play guitar or bass because of tendentious. Need to wear it for at least three more weeks, trying not to go crazy by then. At least some other cool stuff is happening. Meh.
D.o.S. wrote:I'm fucking stupid and no one should operate under any other premise.
kbit

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Eivind August » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:19 am

FUCK
https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
NSFW: show
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby Jwar » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:06 am

Iommic Pope wrote:Because it doesn't make any money.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby snipelfritz » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:57 am

Car is back in the shop.

And my phone updated itself and now it can't send texts.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA

Behndy wrote:i don't like people with "talent" and "skills" that don't feel the need to cover their inadequacies under good time happy sounds.
snipelfritz

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby jrfox92 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:28 pm

Customer calls up to bitch about the wait time for their repair.
Gets told that it'll be done when it's done and I have no definitive idea when it'll be done but I'll call him in a week with an update.
Complete silence for a solid 30 seconds.
"Yeah.......okay."
He then hangs up the phone and proceeds to send an email bitching about, "that tech that I've talked to twice who hasn't given me a straight answer."
He doesn't realize that it's just me and my dad here so he probably didn't expect a response which can be summed up as, "yeah, fuck off, mate."
Since I always forget:

jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion