The spite, hate, rage, apathy and mild irritation thread...

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The spite, hate, rage, apathy and mild irritation thread

Postby IEatCats » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:57 pm

I've heard! But I'd have to play one myself, before I trust a Squier. I know that it's mostly just branding, but I feel weird about Squiers.

Also, did anyone else know that Troy Sanders got banned a while back?
maz91379 wrote:this board is really weird sometimes bros

Amissoteomb wrote:Modern technology makes the process of purchasing erection pills even simpler and swifter than before.
IEatCats

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby soldersqueeze » Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:23 pm

Screw Sebastian Coe, screw the IOC, screw Danny Boyle, screw The Mayor of London, screw David Cameron, screw everything to do with the London Olympics. It's a terrible hypocrisy and a stain on the nation of my birth.
The opening ceremony is just the tip of the crass, bloated, worthless celebration of contrived mediocracy which will blossom into a full-fat insult to the entire concept of fair competition and international co-operation. Who cares how you treat women/ gays/ political activists? Who cares how the wealth of your nation is divided? Who cares who dies at whose hands? WE GOTZ SPONSERZ TO PLEEZ!!
I cannot suitably convey my anger or disappointment at the UK.
I hope this entire facade crashes and burns.
soldersqueeze

committed
committed

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:10 pm

soldersqueeze wrote:Screw Sebastian Coe, screw the IOC, screw Danny Boyle, screw The Mayor of London, screw David Cameron, screw everything to do with the London Olympics. It's a terrible hypocrisy and a stain on the nation of my birth.
The opening ceremony is just the tip of the crass, bloated, worthless celebration of contrived mediocracy which will blossom into a full-fat insult to the entire concept of fair competition and international co-operation. Who cares how you treat women/ gays/ political activists? Who cares how the wealth of your nation is divided? Who cares who dies at whose hands? WE GOTZ SPONSERZ TO PLEEZ!!
I cannot suitably convey my anger or disappointment at the UK.
I hope this entire facade crashes and burns.

Right? What a lot of shit. I wish we did a fucking radical ceremony that insulted everyone and fucking put some countries with bad human rights records to rights. Instead we got the same old bs.

I really like the olympic ideal of amateur atheletes fostering cooperation between nations in pure competition, but it's been so perverted over the years.
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby snipelfritz » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:25 pm

Why are none of my friends at the bar yet?

Am I really the biggest loser.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA

Behndy wrote:i don't like people with "talent" and "skills" that don't feel the need to cover their inadequacies under good time happy sounds.
snipelfritz

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby sonidero » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:30 pm

snipelfritz wrote:Why are none of my friends at the bar yet?

Am I really the biggest loser.

DRINK AT HOME WHERE THE PEDALS ARE...
"Personal Growth Through Guitar Pedals"
sonidero

Supporter
Supporter

Postby unownunown » Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:16 pm

IEatCats wrote:I've heard! But I'd have to play one myself, before I trust a Squier. I know that it's mostly just branding, but I feel weird about Squiers.

i don't own a squier, but i've played some of the VM and CV stuff. (not the new offsets though.) you'd be surprised. the stuff squier's putting out now is pretty much equal to the MIM fenders. see if you can try out one of the offsets somewhere. i'm sure you'll dig it, if everything i've been reading is true. the only thing holding you back is your own ego. :)*

and he got banned? woah. doesn't surprise me that much tho.
mathias wrote:I heard that Tom Dalton read a book on how to grow online communities around your business. But he thought it was too much work so he just created a forum full of alts. You and I are the only real people.
unownunown

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby sonidero » Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:23 pm

Troy's a DICK...

Those Squires are really cool... I played most of them the other day... I love the neck on the Mascis Squire... It was flat and wide-ish and smooth like a baby's satin booty...

Did you get the PHASE MODULATOR from OCTAVIA yet???
sonidero

Supporter
Supporter

Postby bigchiefbc » Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:27 pm

IEatCats wrote:I've heard! But I'd have to play one myself, before I trust a Squier. I know that it's mostly just branding, but I feel weird about Squiers.

Seriously, give a couple Squiers a shot. I was shocked at how good my Squier VM Jag bass played. And I played it against several Fenders at the same time.

And ILF is so much better off now that that festering boil on our ass is gone.
Buy my gear! viewtopic.php?f=44&t=58763

Achtane wrote:I can hit it with a Blowing Up and it'll just sound awesome instead of like capacitors farting into each others' dicks.

Achtane wrote:
last.fm wrote:Zs makes music that is variously categorized as no-wave, post-jazz, brutal-chamber, brutal-prog, and post minimalist.

srsly?

Fuck you.
bigchiefbc

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby unownunown » Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:28 pm

i did! it turns out octavia is some chick at the office of my mom's apartment complex. they delivered it to like, guest services instead of our actual apartment. they've never done that before.
mathias wrote:I heard that Tom Dalton read a book on how to grow online communities around your business. But he thought it was too much work so he just created a forum full of alts. You and I are the only real people.
unownunown

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby sonidero » Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:31 pm

unownunown wrote:i did! it turns out octavia is some chick at the office of my mom's apartment complex. they delivered it to like, guest services instead of our actual apartment. they've never done that before.

That's awesome... I'm keeping the sig for awhile cause it makes my so happy... I yelled it to my friend today in public and he freaked out... :lol:
sonidero

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Chankgeez » Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:41 am

sonidero wrote:Did you get the PHASE MODULATOR from OCTAVIA yet???

unownunown wrote:i did! it turns out octavia is some chick at the office of my mom's apartment complex. they delivered it to like, guest services instead of our actual apartment. they've never done that before.

I feel like we have the makings of some kinda rock opera here.
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby sonidero » Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:15 am

Chankgeez wrote:
sonidero wrote:Did you get the PHASE MODULATOR from OCTAVIA yet???

I feel like we have the makings of some kinda rock opera here.

In Falsetto... "Octavia Octavia where could you be??? Octavia Octavia come Phase Mod-u-late me"...

I'd go see it...
sonidero

Supporter
Supporter

Postby IEatCats » Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:16 am

This basement is bugging my eyes out, and every movement is mad loud.

Amissoteomb wrote:Modern technology makes the process of purchasing erection pills even simpler and swifter than before.
IEatCats

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby IEatCats » Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:24 pm

So, I'm hoping it's just the wiring in the extension cord I was using, but I just spent ten minutes getting enough of an electric shock from my guitar that my muscles would contract in my hand.

It was proportional to the guitar's output volume, which makes me feel like there's some kind of feedback going on, which might mean my amp got fucked up in the move.

IEatCats

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Chankgeez » Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:59 pm

IEatCats wrote:So, I'm hoping it's just the wiring in the extension cord I was using, but I just spent ten minutes getting enough of an electric shock from my guitar that my muscles would contract in my hand.

It was proportional to the guitar's output volume, which makes me feel like there's some kind of feedback going on, which might mean my amp got fucked up in the move.

Be careful, don't fry yourself.

(I was just gonna go back outside and play, but now it's raining. Oh, well.)
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion