The spite, hate, rage, apathy and mild irritation thread...

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The spite, hate, rage, apathy and mild irritation thread

Postby fcknoise » Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:35 pm

BitchPudding wrote:Had a massive panic attack on Tuesday, closest I've been to having my fiancee call 911. I'm starting to scare myself with how bad this is getting. I can't handle any stress without it immediately putting me on a cliff mentally.

I'm gonna try to get help this week. Pray for me. Or don't. Sacrifice an animal? idk.

Damn dude, I’ll do my version of praying for you which is just genuinely wishing you the best and keeping you in my thoughts.

My GF had the same this Monday, which is why I’m in this thread. She called to say good bye and I was on the phone with her for hours. Ended up taking the flight down to her (in Germany) the next day and it seems to go a little better now. I want her to get professional help tho as i can’t do anything really.

Simultaneously, my moms cancer is mostly good news, the surgery went well and all, but they upgraded what they found to a whatever stage cancer that is apparently really aggressive, so she has to go through chemo now and while she has a lot of other support I feel like a pretty crucial support pillar to her right now. I’m doing fine, but I feel like such important people depend on me with their life right now I don’t really know how to deal with it.

Also, I’m making a documentary with a friend rn (I’ll post about this in another thread soon) which is really fun but it eats up paid-job-time, as well as actual money. Which again, hinders my ability to support the people who need me.

Sorry, I just don’t know where I can complain about this because I’m so set on keeping up the appearance of strength for everyone else
Cydonia wrote: Too bad no one here is interested in talking about "gear"

BossMann73 wrote:I didn't insult it......I "curated" a "different aesthetic.".

John wrote:I love how this forum has the GDP of Switzerland in pedals but the collective value of everyone's patch cables is less than the change in my couch cushions. And I don't have a couch.

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/sharkmovieappriciator
Bandcamp: https://fcknoise.bandcamp.com/
fcknoise

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby popvulture » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:32 pm

Yeah Pudding, hope you're doing ok—I've got quite a bit of experience in the panic department, and I can say that therapy will likely help you a lot. As said above, sometimes just talking about stuff with an unbiased, more objective person (which you can't really find in the form of a friend / family member, period) is a massive relief. Secondly, make sure to remember that if you go to a therapist and aren't jiving with them, it's totally ok to move on and find another one. We spend all kinds of time researching and browsing what car we buy or what pedal fits our needs, but bizarrely people don't often do the same with doctors. Shop til you find the right person for you.

Secondly, I'll echo what DoS said, in that my anxiety tremendously lessened when I cleaned up my act (for me, drinking problem) and started exercising. I'll also second Jwar on benzos if you're comfortable with them—I would, however, be careful. I've been lucky that they've helped me a whole lot when I've needed it (moments of intense anxiety/panic), but I haven't felt the compulsion to take too much and/or grow dependent on them. Like everything, all depends on personality.

I hope you feel better soon, man. It's gonna be ok. Keep us posted! :hug:
neonblack wrote:They say tone is in the hooks

D.o.S. wrote:I'm pretty sure moderation leads to Mustang Sally.

coldbrightsunlight wrote:Yes I am a soppy pop person at heart I think with noises round the edge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JphJfwsUbT4
popvulture

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby popvulture » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:20 pm

fcknoise wrote:I’m doing fine, but I feel like such important people depend on me with their life right now I don’t really know how to deal with it.

Yeah that shit isn't easy, hard to be the rock. Glad to hear your mom's surgery went well, though :)*

coldbrightsunlight wrote:Yes I am a soppy pop person at heart I think with noises round the edge

popvulture

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby dubkitty » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:26 pm

if you're going to take benzos, i strongly advise you not to take them every day. i've been addicted to benzos three separate times in the last quarter-century, and getting off is just horrible and the effects last for months.
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

FIFTY YEARS OF SCARING THE CHILDREN 1970-2020--and i'm not done yet

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

DUBZ LOOPZ 2: Electronic Renaissance coming soon to a Soundcloud near you!
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby fcknoise » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:27 pm

popvulture wrote:
fcknoise wrote:I’m doing fine, but I feel like such important people depend on me with their life right now I don’t really know how to deal with it.

Yeah that shit isn't easy, hard to be the rock. Glad to hear your mom's surgery went well, though :)*

Thanks man, I appreciate it <3
Cydonia wrote: Too bad no one here is interested in talking about "gear"

BossMann73 wrote:I didn't insult it......I "curated" a "different aesthetic.".

John wrote:I love how this forum has the GDP of Switzerland in pedals but the collective value of everyone's patch cables is less than the change in my couch cushions. And I don't have a couch.

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/sharkmovieappriciator
Bandcamp: https://fcknoise.bandcamp.com/
fcknoise

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby BitchPudding » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:55 pm

Yea im staying the fuck away from Benzos. I appreciate the gesture, but addiction runs in the family. I get weird even having a beer. I will consider any option a therapist gives me tho.

And thank you for your words fcknoise, if I can get through my hard times, you can make it through yours. I believe in you bro. Much love. :hug:
ummohyeah wrote:Godspeed rule and no amount of tape would make their pedalboards safe from my cum.

ImageImageImage
YO YO ITS YA BOI
The Eville Experience: http://www.rosegonzalesmusic.com/the-eville-experience
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/10Qbd3gcYrfIyZ89HCArCt?si=4KZfzqj5Qiq-rG0xFPjckA
BitchPudding

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby jirodreamsofdank » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:30 pm

I'm getting increasingly worried that I need to move into my mom's house - it's not a palatial estate or anything but a solid 1970s house (3 bedrooms + an office off the garage) and a lot of space/yard for upkeep and just before my dad died he converted the last of their mortgage to a HELOC that then converted to a 15 year note when he died so that/insurance/utilities/taxes eat up 90% of her Social Security. NBD while she's working but I'd feel a lot less stress if that percentage was lower. Theoretically if I paid her 'rent' equivalent to what I'm paying now, took over some utilities and etc. the note on the house could be paid off in ~3 years. (The market is too fucked up to hope that she could sell the house and pay cash for anything livable in a decent neighborhood.)

Thing is, I'm closer to 40 than 20 and the thought kind of makes me want to commit seppuku. I'd basically live in the office off the garage and have the garage for a workshop (which is a bonus, I've never lived anywhere with a garage) but I can basically kiss getting laid goodbye. I've considered building a tiny house and parking it in her driveway but if I had $20-25k to devote to that I could just pay it down on her house.

Added bonuses: my brother owns an extra, small house that would be perfect for her and would slot right into a budget of selling the current house and paying cash for his - but he doesn't want to, he's convinced that the house is just going to go up up up and it's worth renting it to a friend at a loss until this magical moment. Doesn't matter that our mother could, in that situation, live off Social Security and maybe a bullshit part time job. So fuck him, another reason he'll be dead to me when my mom goes.
jirodreamsofdank

experienced
experienced

Postby popvulture » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:48 pm

BitchPudding wrote:Yea im staying the fuck away from Benzos. I appreciate the gesture, but addiction runs in the family. I get weird even having a beer.

Yeah man it’s good you know that—I think a lot of people don’t. I have an addictive personality but somehow have never been a fan of pills in the slightest, rather I’ve been pretty wary/scared of em. I take half a Xanax probably once a week or less, and try to find every route I can to help myself in another way before taking one. They deserve plenty of caution.

popvulture

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby TraceItalian » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:27 pm

Got hit by a car while in a parking lot, the guy got out of his car and started screaming about how I dented his muscle car and I need to watch where I'm walking. Then I got screamed at for being late to work because we had to wait for the popo. There's a report at least in case it's worse than thought.
TraceItalian

committed
committed

Postby popvulture » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:42 am

TraceItalian wrote:guy got out of his car and started screaming about how I dented his muscle car and I need to watch where I'm walking.

People are garbage.

popvulture

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:21 am

BitchPudding wrote:Yea im staying the fuck away from Benzos. I appreciate the gesture, but addiction runs in the family. I get weird even having a beer. I will consider any option a therapist gives me tho.

And thank you for your words fcknoise, if I can get through my hard times, you can make it through yours. I believe in you bro. Much love. :hug:

There's other things that help stress.

Exercise, psychology, eating better (there are studies that show a significant amount (almost 50%) of dopamine and gaba are produced in the gut), Gaba supplements, Valerian Root (help the fuck out of me), mindfulness techniques (youtube it, it's all breathing and it works)...etc. There's a lot you can do. It's all about training your brain how to handle situations. Is anything fool proof or will it work always? No. Not even meds can do that.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby TraceItalian » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:56 am

popvulture wrote:
TraceItalian wrote:guy got out of his car and started screaming about how I dented his muscle car and I need to watch where I'm walking.

People are garbage.

I'm choosing to hope dude was just having a super shitty day and I was a convient conduit.
TraceItalian

committed
committed

Postby Jero » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:15 am

Jwar wrote:
BitchPudding wrote:Yea im staying the fuck away from Benzos. I appreciate the gesture, but addiction runs in the family. I get weird even having a beer. I will consider any option a therapist gives me tho.

There's other things that help stress.

Exercise, psychology, eating better (there are studies that show a significant amount (almost 50%) of dopamine and gaba are produced in the gut), Gaba supplements, Valerian Root (help the fuck out of me), mindfulness techniques (youtube it, it's all breathing and it works)...etc. There's a lot you can do. It's all about training your brain how to handle situations. Is anything fool proof or will it work always? No. Not even meds can do that.

I recently found this stuff called Sedalia, which (fixed for jrfox, might be poisonous :whateva: ) Only tried it a couple times but it worked for me. I smoke to help me sleep, and this did the trick while I was out of town. Helped with stress too. Starts to work quickly, which is a huge plus if you’re starting to have an attack. Might not work for people used to harder meds though, not sure. I get mild anxiety from time to time, and usually taking pills gives me MORE anxiety for whatever reason :facepalm:
Last edited by Jero on Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby jrfox92 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:13 pm

Jero wrote:has belladonna and other “natural” type ingredients

:erm: Natural...poisons?
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby jirodreamsofdank » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:45 pm

L-theanine is good for anxiety - I've had trouble sleeping lately but a very low dose of melatonin (300mcg) and 200mg of L-theanine has helped immensely. Take them, get into bed, read for an hour, sleep.
jirodreamsofdank

experienced
experienced

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion