The spite, hate, rage, apathy and mild irritation thread...

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The spite, hate, rage, apathy and mild irritation thread

Postby Dandolin » Fri May 13, 2022 5:04 pm

sitting in a supermarket parking lot waiting on a guy heading down to buy one of my amps - negative and positive feelings are balanced in an area that doesn't feel too far from apathy in the moment - problem is the swings, which have mostly been to the negative side of the ledger lately - wanting to divest of the things without taking a bath in the midst of a shitty economy that seems to be fueling chaotic results in the used gear sales market, but not quite @ the point of wanting to just torch it all and take up the contrabass kazoo.

one thing that's happening is i'm arranging to donate a bunch of lower-tier but eminently usable gear...but however this all shakes out, i can't shake the feeling of wishing i had done things differently.

signed, one of the not so good ones
Last edited by Dandolin on Sat Jun 04, 2022 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Fri May 13, 2022 5:11 pm

:hug:

Dandolin wrote: the contrabass kazoo.

Now I have GAS for a contrabass kazoo. :facepalm: :lol:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Dandolin » Fri May 13, 2022 5:54 pm

:lol: :hug:
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Blackened Soul » Fri May 13, 2022 10:52 pm

Fuck the motherfucking iso switch on radial aby boxes!!!!! I hit the switch by accident and thought I had a bad cord and started trouble shooting my board.. then I saw that fucking rocker switch :picard:
Blackened Soul

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby friendship » Mon May 16, 2022 11:20 am

i had a dream my gretsch's neck snapped in two. is this a castration metaphor?
sound journal

actualidiot wrote:12-bit's almost analog, right?
friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby imJonWain » Tue May 31, 2022 9:41 pm

haha, hmmm. Maybe? I'll ask my therapist tomorrow.

I hear you on the gear front Dandolin . I've cut down to only a few things I really like or just couldn't replace. Sometimes go back and forth on getting down to 1 amp and 1 guitar.
"To my lay mind, the lobster's behavior in the kettle appears to be the expression of a preference; and it may well be that an ability to form preferences is the decisive criterion for real suffering."
http://www.TFRelectronics.com <project info
https://oshpark.com/profiles/TFRelectronics <oshpark shared boards
https://www.staticdisaster.com/ <my radio show
imJonWain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Blackened Soul » Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:09 pm

I just want to say how much I hate mosquitos! I fucking share I went into my back yard for 10 minutes last weekend and ended covered in bites and have had a really bad reaction for some reason.. so itchy.. I'm still itchy..
Blackened Soul

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dandolin » Sat Jun 04, 2022 12:02 am

one of the things we used to muse about in my (pretty large) family was whether it would be OK to exercise a one-time-only option to wipe out an entire species (ah, good times :facepalm: ) - and tho we generally struggled with the moral authority to commit such an atrocious deed, or the possible boomerang or butterfly effects of such rash and irreversible action - we usually came to a unanimous 10-person verdict to nuke the mosquitos - especially if we were at the beach, where the torture of the freaking mosquitos was the reason we drifted into such megalomaniacal folly. and this was the case even if we'd also recently been plagued by swarms of vermicious green flies, or leg-of-lamb-swiping seagulls or bait-sucking sand sharks or the hated beach patrol :lol:
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Blackened Soul » Tue Jun 07, 2022 7:53 pm

Dandolin wrote:one of the things we used to muse about in my (pretty large) family was whether it would be OK to exercise a one-time-only option to wipe out an entire species (ah, good times :facepalm: ) - and tho we generally struggled with the moral authority to commit such an atrocious deed, or the possible boomerang or butterfly effects of such rash and irreversible action - we usually came to a unanimous 10-person verdict to nuke the mosquitos - especially if we were at the beach, where the torture of the freaking mosquitos was the reason we drifted into such megalomaniacal folly. and this was the case even if we'd also recently been plagued by swarms of vermicious green flies, or leg-of-lamb-swiping seagulls or bait-sucking sand sharks or the hated beach patrol :lol:

:idk: But did you know that only certain mosquitos bite people! so even if you ridded them there would still be plenty to keep the web of life going.

In other news. It turns out that bears do not only shit in the woods. They also poop in the path to my shed in my yard...
Blackened Soul

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dandolin » Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:52 pm

:eek: did you check the shed? :snax:
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Blackened Soul » Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:06 am

Sure, I found it on my way back to my front yard.. I almost stepped in it :grumpy:
I had a thought there was one about the other day, dog next door was barking a lot…
I bet it was last night, my security light came on as I was going to sleep and I didn’t look out my window as I figured is was a cat.. I need to get my trail cam backup and running.
Blackened Soul

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby BitchPudding » Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:21 pm

I'm starting to forget why I have so much anger in my heart. I'm angry, i'm sad, i'm tired, im exhausted. My world is full of beautiful things and yet it all feels so bleak.

i miss my grandparents. i miss the days when i still felt like parents loved me. i miss when things had promise and hope.

now i just want it to be over.
ummohyeah wrote:Godspeed rule and no amount of tape would make their pedalboards safe from my cum.

ImageImageImage
YO YO ITS YA BOI
The Eville Experience: http://www.rosegonzalesmusic.com/the-eville-experience
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/10Qbd3gcYrfIyZ89HCArCt?si=4KZfzqj5Qiq-rG0xFPjckA
BitchPudding

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby echorec » Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:20 pm

Blackened Soul wrote:I just want to say how much I hate mosquitos! I fucking share I went into my back yard for 10 minutes last weekend and ended covered in bites and have had a really bad reaction for some reason.. so itchy.. I'm still itchy..

Have you ever tried garlic as mosquito repellent? I use to mix a little garlic juice from a jar with water, before misting my windows, bushes, and doorways. That way I could open up the house after a rainstorm, without the little fuckers coming in. Rubbing a little on your forearms might also help outside (just rinse off when you come inside)---may not work for everyone, but it's worked well for me.
echorec

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby the_carl » Sat Jul 23, 2022 12:36 pm

Bro taxes are such bullshit now

Digital subscription? S A L E S T A X
Used pedal that someone already paid sales tax on when it was brand new? S A L E S T A X
Oh, you actually made $10 selling that used pedal that someone paid sales tax on twice? I N C O M E T A X

I'm so tired my dudes
the_carl

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby friendship » Sun Jul 24, 2022 1:08 pm

the_carl wrote:Bro taxes are such bullshit now

Digital subscription? S A L E S T A X
Used pedal that someone already paid sales tax on when it was brand new? S A L E S T A X
Oh, you actually made $10 selling that used pedal that someone paid sales tax on twice? I N C O M E T A X

I'm so tired my dudes

So dope that hobbyists and small time traders get more taxes while big businesses skate by on loopholes, subsidies, and breaks while reaping record profits. That's definitely where the sweet revenue is.
sound journal

actualidiot wrote:12-bit's almost analog, right?
friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion