The spite, hate, rage, apathy and mild irritation thread...

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The spite, hate, rage, apathy and mild irritation thread

Postby Gone Fission » Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:18 pm

Late fall is hell on my hands, as usual. Dry air and heating generally. Pretty deep knife cut preparing the Thanksgiving feast. Lots of hand washing of dishes. Clearing gutters and hanging outdoor lights. Putting up the tree and ornaments. Only saving grace—I’ve been making pedals for ILFSS around now in years past and it’s just agony with my hands like this.
D.o.S. wrote:Broadly speaking, if we at ILF are dropping 300 bucks on a pedal it probably sounds like an SNES holocaust.
friendship wrote:death to false bleep-blop
UglyCasanova wrote:brb gonna slap my dick on my stomp boxes
Gone Fission

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:24 pm

Sounds like u need hooks 4 hands m8 :lol:
JK, you'll pull through... you may need to go to the DOD Death Metal thread for moisturizer tips.
Seriously though, feel better m8. Ur cousin $harky loves you. Congrats on ur new pet too.
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby coupleonapkins » Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:19 pm

Gone Fission wrote:Late fall is hell on my hands, as usual. Dry air and heating generally. Pretty deep knife cut preparing the Thanksgiving feast. Lots of hand washing of dishes. Clearing gutters and hanging outdoor lights. Putting up the tree and ornaments. Only saving grace—I’ve been making pedals for ILFSS around now in years past and it’s just agony with my hands like this.

Invest in a great pair of gloves for outdoor work - I never believed it till this year, myself, either, but I am not easy to convince. Badger makes some good salves, but can kinda be on the aromatic side, so any brand with a fisherman on the can would be good, though. If you want to go all out (and this isn't in the DOD Death Metal thread), get yourself some overnight moisturizing gloves (or cheap facsimile thereof) & use at least once a week: you are healed. You will also wake up looking like a cartoon character, but isn't that really the goal, after all? :trippy:
Good morning!
coupleonapkins

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Dowi » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:02 am

Woke up at 4.00am without any reason, tried to go back to sleep without succeeding, long working day coming up, yayy
BIRCH BARK | Solo stuff | Bandcamp - Youtube
HIBAGON | Polyrhythmic Heavy Duo | Bandcamp - Spotyshit
Dowi

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby sergiomunoz74 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:06 pm

I'm having a tough decision right now in that I work overnight and get paid well but hate the hours and grow bored of basically just sitting around at night doing nothing. I'm starting to wish I would take a job that pays less but gives me real skills, but at the same time I get paid great for doing almost nothing aside from staying awake. I'm still young, but I'm kinda at a loss. Should I drop the well paying job to work regular hours and take up a passion project? My brain melts working overnight, but it's nice to be able to save and spend as I please. Going into existential cycles when you realize that you've watched all of the good stuff on Netflix/Hulu and reading/studying makes me too sleepy sucks.
sergiomunoz74

experienced
experienced

Postby Achtane » Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:53 pm

IMO...your sanity is not worth the extra money.
If you can get by alright after ditching the night shift, which is also horrible for you, I'd do it in a heartbeat.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Louy7zH9guw
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby sergiomunoz74 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:55 pm

Achtane wrote:IMO...your sanity is not worth the extra money.
If you can get by alright after ditching the night shift, which is also horrible for you, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

I think that is what I'm going to have to do, just save some money, maybe take a break and then go on full job hunt mode. I feel like even though I haven't been doing this for long, I have no idea how people who do it for their whole lives do it. I understand how one could go crazy with this type of schedule. Maybe I will try to enrich my brain with some online courses or something so at least it's not fully a waste.
sergiomunoz74

experienced
experienced

Postby Bassist_Diver » Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:13 pm

I just got back from the optometrist and was diagnosed with "chronic optical hypertension" and am officially a glaucoma risk. In addition to the normal precautions I need to take, I can no longer SCUBA dive. As my name indicates this was my favorite hobby outside of music, so this fucking sucks all the dicks. And the cherry on top is that if it progresses I'll need to have eye surgery, whose side effects include "If we fuck up you will go 110% blind."
The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever. - Jacques Cousteau
Good dealings with: Vrom, Conky

Yamaha / Gallien-Krueger / Pedals
Bassist_Diver

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby dubkitty » Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:31 pm

would some sort of cannabis product help? back in the day it was said that marijuana was good for glaucoma.
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

FIFTY YEARS OF SCARING THE CHILDREN 1970-2020--and i'm not done yet

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

DUBZ LOOPZ 2: Electronic Renaissance coming soon to a Soundcloud near you!
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby Bassist_Diver » Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:21 pm

It would just be putting a bandaid on the problem. Marijuana does reduce internal optical pressure, but not by much and only for a few hours. I can use medicated eyedrops at night to reduce the pressure, but if that doesn't do a good enough job I'll need the laser surgery. The bigger issue is that my cornea is too thin. This is a hereditary thing, as both my mom's brother and dad had it and both had to have cataract surgery as a result.

Best case scenario is that it stays at this level forever and I don't need to have surgery. We'll see what happens when I follow up in June.
The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever. - Jacques Cousteau

Bassist_Diver

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby codetocontra » Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:16 am

If you have surgery could you continue scuba diving?
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Bassist_Diver » Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:36 pm

No. Although the surgery will help the pressure reduce, it won't be enough to get me below depth. I can still snorkel, but any deeper than 10m/1 bar is too risky.

Bassist_Diver

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby codetocontra » Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:39 pm

Dang. Sorry to hear that.
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby fldrvr » Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:40 pm

Finally made the decision to put my sweet little old lady cat to "sleep". She'd been hanging on, but it was clear that she was suffering. It's fucking me up to no end.

A big reason why is that her deterioration mirrored that of my mother, who died in 2018 of cancer (cat also had cancer). So yeah, that's brought back an avalanche of shit feelings.
Good deals: Monkey Boy, julius_deane, oldangelmidnight, K2000 (x2), kbithecrowing, Casavettes, leaves turn, psychedelicrelic, nevada, alexsga, sa1126, Invisible Man, foot, solewheelin', hbombgraphics, bronzetalon, Aquietcabin1978, bass_econo, christafarai; (on TalkBass) jazzyitalian, MicG, bufert57, marineman227, karter2000; (on TGP) leray1, Electroman, bigEbeer; (on DIYstompboxes) LucifersTrip, lethargytartare; (on HC) StratsRule07, lfrz93, Firebrand, caeman, bluesthug
fldrvr

experienced
experienced

Postby PanicProne » Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:16 pm

Finally found a used smallsound/bigsound No memory online a couple of moths back. Paid a proper amount for it to have it shipped to me across the pond. Not been updated for ages now and seems like it's got lost in shipping. Gutted. First time this has ever happened to me with anything. Still, gutted.
PanicProne

experienced
experienced

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion