The spite, hate, rage, apathy and mild irritation thread...

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The spite, hate, rage, apathy and mild irritation thread

Postby friendship » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:31 am

dubkitty wrote:i'm afraid that they're actually going to succeed in their long-term project to drag America back to 1950 (if not 1850!). a six-to-three Court split means that the Right will be able to jam anything through the SC...i'm more worried at this point that they'll overturn the Civil Rights Act. this country is fucked, and i can't get out because i'm old and have no money so nobody wants me.

I am also afraid of this and think it's entirely plausible. I'm noticing a lot of people acting surprised, like this is coming out of nowhere, but I've been ranting and raving about the slow crawl towards fascism since 9/11 and most people rolled their eyes at me. I'm not clairvoyant, you just have to read a fucking history book to see where the road goes. There were so many opportunities to fight back and those with power said "it won't be so bad" instead. I know this isn't the time to lose faith, but it's so hard to believe in a positive outcome when willful ignorance and delusion is legion.
sound journal

actualidiot wrote:12-bit's almost analog, right?
friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Ugly Nora » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:37 pm

I wouldn't worry about it. Everytime anybody from any side gets elected and power shifts, the other side always predicts doom and gloom. Just do your part and vote appropriately and inspire others to do so as well. All I ask is that you dont blindly vote along party lines, and instead vote for the best person for each job aligned with what you want to accomplish.
Ugly Nora

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby friendship » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:00 pm

Ugly Nora wrote:I wouldn't worry about it. Everytime anybody from any side gets elected and power shifts, the other side always predicts doom and gloom. Just do your part and vote appropriately and inspire others to do so as well. All I ask is that you dont blindly vote along party lines, and instead vote for the best person for each job aligned with what you want to accomplish.

Yeah this kind of naïve dismissal is what I'm talking about.
sound journal

friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Ugly Nora » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:43 pm

So to clarify, its my fault Democrats dropped the ball? What did you do to help elect your preferred candidates and further your cause besides ranting and raving about it (those are your words by the way)? And what are you doing about it now besides ranting and raving about it, and attacking me, a person who is basically on your side? If it helps you, I plan on voting for Democrats in the midterms as I feel more comfortable with their marijuana policies.
Ugly Nora

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby friendship » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:58 pm

lol what the fuck are you talking about?
sound journal

friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Ugly Nora » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:06 pm

To summarize, I don't need a gynecologist to know which way the wind blows.
Ugly Nora

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Blackened Soul » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:09 pm

No, I think you missed the point he was making... less weed, more broccoli.
Blackened Soul

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby aens_wife » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:55 pm

I hate to break it to you but Roe v Wade will be overturned. That isn't some far off ranting. That is facts based on listening to exactly what these far right crazies have said so far. They also have children in camps in the desert heat with no access to legal representation or their fucking parents. And they advocate for the killing of journalists and protesters.

In addition, they have gerrymandered every fucking place they could, while fucking up the economies and environment at every turn. The stole a god damn SCOTUS seat.

AND YOUR WORRIED ABOUT BEING ABLE TO SMOKE WEED?!?!

This is why I drink.
aens_wife

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby D.o.S. » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:15 pm

In order to reverse Roe vs. Wade the Supreme Court would have to hear a case on abortion, which means that a case regarding the legality of an abortion would have to make it all the way to the Supreme Court. And then it would have to be heard by the Supreme Court.

The odds of that happening in the two and a half years left of Trumps first term are low. If Trump doesn't win a second term, the lower level federal judges who would hear these cases in lower courts can be replaced by the new President, while others can be replaced by voters directly or indirectly (by voting for the people who appoint the judges).

It's very easy to clutch pearls about how the country is going to be run by the 60 million people who voted for Trump, but if everyone noted they would be a vast minority.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby comesect2.0 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:28 pm

aens_wife wrote:

This is why I drink.

You should see the movie hardware by Richard Stanley if you have not already.
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Ugly Nora » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:00 pm

aens_wife wrote:I hate to break it to you but Roe v Wade will be overturned. That isn't some far off ranting. That is facts based on listening to exactly what these far right crazies have said so far. They also have children in camps in the desert heat with no access to legal representation or their fucking parents. And they advocate for the killing of journalists and protesters.

In addition, they have gerrymandered every fucking place they could, while fucking up the economies and environment at every turn. The stole a god damn SCOTUS seat.

This is why I drink.

I haven't smoked "weed" as you call it in over 20 years. And while I would definitely enjoy doing it for fun, and I will definitely do it for fun when it is legal in my state, I also have back problems and arthritis in my neck and ankle , so I also want it to help with my everyday chronic pain. I don't think think legally smoking "weed" as you call it for medicinal purposes is an insignificant thing at all. Not to mention all the racial disparities in arrests for it. I don't think the non-white people who get arrested at like 8 times the rate of whites do would think legalizing "weed" as you call it an insignificant thing either.

Your response is disappointing, tbh.
Ugly Nora

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby aens_wife » Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:49 pm

This is why I don't fuck with you, Nora. But thank you for the "well, actually."

Maybe instead of downplaying women's health, some of you should listen to the words coming out of the right wing leaders' mouths right now.

I am sure they have cases in mind, or at the very least are watching carefully in every state. Women will die over this.

And this isn't pearl clutching. This is real life.
aens_wife

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby friendship » Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:59 pm

If it doesn't personally effect him, it's not a real problem. Why is everyone getting so upset about something that won't effect Ugly Nora, the protagonist of reality?
sound journal

friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Ugly Nora » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:24 pm

friendship wrote:If it doesn't personally effect him, it's not a real problem. Why is everyone getting so upset about something that won't effect Ugly Nora, the protagonist of reality?

i dont know if you're being intentionally obtuse, but did you read my last post about wanting legalized marijuana? I gaurantee a conservative supreme court would rule in ways that fuck that up, or certain parts of that up like work protections and so on. So, please clearly explain how this shift in SCOTUS doesn't personally affect me.

Also, ima steal that protagonist of reality line. Thats funny :lol: :thumb:
Ugly Nora

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Mudfuzz » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:48 pm

aens_wife wrote:Maybe instead of downplaying women's health, some of you should listen to the words coming out of the right wing leaders' mouths right now.

I am sure they have cases in mind, or at the very least are watching carefully in every state. Women will die over this.

And this isn't pearl clutching. This is real life.

I am sorry that this country if not the world is so full of stupid purposefully ignorant people. I have been warning people for over 20 years this was all going to happen. Exactly like it has, down to the el cheeto [or at least someone exactly like him].. No one ever fucking listens. The ONLY hope I see is if all this gets enough people MAD enough to actually want to all come together and treat all of these issues as one issue and push back against laziness and hate within the system we have.
Mudfuzz

HERO
HERO

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion