The spite, hate, rage, apathy and mild irritation thread...

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The spite, hate, rage, apathy and mild irritation thread

Postby fcknoise » Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:26 am

I think I can agree that BA-degrees has been devalued here. Don't really know what kinds of jobs I can get with my two degrees in political science and economics. Maybe some kind of unpaid internship, at best. I can kind of understand your anxiousness, overqualification sounds like the worst trap, hang in there.

In personal news, yesterday I was so fucking angry. Couldn't eat for the entire day, which was weird. Talked to the person I was angry and we solved it. This morning I woke up to texts apologizing and now I feel really good.

(Please keep in mind I'm not eivind, I haven't changed back the avatar yet, haha)
Cydonia wrote: Too bad no one here is interested in talking about "gear"

BossMann73 wrote:I didn't insult it......I "curated" a "different aesthetic.".

John wrote:I love how this forum has the GDP of Switzerland in pedals but the collective value of everyone's patch cables is less than the change in my couch cushions. And I don't have a couch.

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/sharkmovieappriciator
Bandcamp: https://fcknoise.bandcamp.com/
fcknoise

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Disarm D'arcy » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:09 am

Follow up on the cat situation. She has untreatable cancer and she has hours, days at best, left. Turning the lights off in a couple hours.
Good deals: OsbornKT, Phantasmagorovich, UglyCasanova, DarkAxel, Skip, D.o.S, ColdBrightSunlight, Eivind August, Goroth

https://linktr.ee/disarmdarcy

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Disarm D'arcy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby D.o.S. » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:11 am

:hug:
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby fcknoise » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:16 am

Disarm D'arcy wrote:Follow up on the cat situation. She has untreatable cancer and she has hours, days at best, left. Turning the lights off in a couple hours.

That is horrible, I'm sorry friend

John wrote:I love how this forum has the GDP of Switzerland in pedals but the collective value of everyone's patch cables is less than the change in my couch cushions. And I don't have a couch.

fcknoise

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby jrfox92 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:17 pm

Apparently someone did a massive DDoS attack to a bunch of sites and now I can't access my money on PayPal.
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Lurker13 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:45 pm

Disarm D'arcy wrote:Follow up on the cat situation. She has untreatable cancer and she has hours, days at best, left. Turning the lights off in a couple hours.

Sorry about kitty. :hug:
Brandsmannen wrote:I think I can agree that BA-degrees has been devalued here. Don't really know what kinds of jobs I can get with my two degrees in political science and economics. Maybe some kind of unpaid internship, at best. I can kind of understand your anxiousness, overqualification sounds like the worst trap, hang in there.

In personal news, yesterday I was so fucking angry. Couldn't eat for the entire day, which was weird. Talked to the person I was angry and we solved it. This morning I woke up to texts apologizing and now I feel really good.

(Please keep in mind I'm not eivind, I haven't changed back the avatar yet, haha)
That sounds intense, but good to know you were able to resolve it. As for your job situation, are you qualified to teach? It really is a blast. I did it just to fill an employment gap, but I really fell in love with it.

As for my situation, I'm a techie dweeb, so being over-educated is usually considered a good thing. :idk:

And now we have political leaders saying "An associates degree is the new high school diploma". Well, no, it's not, and it shouldn't be, because college requires a much higher standard of scholarship than high school. :poke:
coldbrightsunlight wrote:Hey man, you can do what you want in this den of shame.
Lurker13

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Lurker13 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:50 pm

Inconuucl wrote:
Invisible Man wrote:Dude it's impossible to get a full-time gig if you have a Ph.D. Hope it works out, message if you want to work on that ish. And welcome!

Glad you're liking teaching, too.

Can confirm, I've been rejected more times for my PhD than not. Left it out of resume and started getting more calls. It's absolutely fucking ridiculous. :facepalm:

That is ridiculous, best of luck with the job search. But yeah, competing with those schools in the Boston area could be rough.
coldbrightsunlight wrote:Hey man, you can do what you want in this den of shame.
Lurker13

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby snipelfritz » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:47 pm

Welp, I flushed my keys down the toilet.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA

Behndy wrote:i don't like people with "talent" and "skills" that don't feel the need to cover their inadequacies under good time happy sounds.
snipelfritz

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby fcknoise » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:49 pm

Lurker13 wrote:That sounds intense, but good to know you were able to resolve it. As for your job situation, are you qualified to teach? It really is a blast. I did it just to fill an employment gap, but I really fell in love with it.:

I'd love to teach. First I want to do stuff out in the world! Now I'm mostly thinking of becoming a diplomat

Girlfriend issues got solved, but thanks for your concern!

fcknoise

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby CyaNitrate » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:13 pm

Finally hit that point where I've decided to start looking for other jobs. I like my job, but my boss and the politics....ugh.
jwar wrote:BRO! There is only one order! Bass>fuzz>fuzz>fuzz>fuzz>overdriven amp. :)

goroth wrote:Come up here and fuzz party. Yes. Fuzz party. It is a legit verb.
CyaNitrate

experienced
experienced

Postby Invisible Man » Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:53 am

rustywire wrote:
Invisible Man wrote:Short story: academe is a weird and scary place.

Not enough trigger warnings & safe spaces. Image I keeeeed

To be a reductionist... [academia] has become a humorless, hiveminded climate of cliquey, haughty know-it-alls with childish politics, affinity for bean-counting, and contempt toward individuals who display exceptional ability or deviate from the ideologically approved models and templates.

I think half of that is true (or that you're halfway right). But most of those qualities were brought on by the political position I think youre espousing (neoliberalism), so it's complicated. Academe is fucked (in the broadest strokes) because it failed to synthesize $$$ and education...which are like oil and water. Ever check out Ben Shapiro's stuff, Rusty?
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.

https://soundcloud.com/invisible-man-music
https://bradromans.bandcamp.com/album/figures
Invisible Man

Zen of BILF
Zen of BILF

Postby DRodriguez » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:50 am

After running my email/website server for a decade (3.5 years under the current configuration) it suddenly stopped working. My server company says I must have my DNS configured wrong, but that doesn't make sense because literally nothing has changed on it in the past 3.5 years of working ine.. So now I'm rushing to relearn everything I forgot in the past 3 years to get that shit working because I kind of need my freelance email address.
DRodriguez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby jrfox92 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:48 am

Yet again I'm dead broke with ~$1,000 in repairs waiting to be paid because people are completely incapable of answering their phones or returning your calls when it comes time to pay the bill.
It drives me insane that customers who tend to nag the fuck out of me and call once or twice every week expecting their repair to magically be finished suddenly drop off the map when it comes time to pay.
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby rustywire » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:56 am

jrfox92 wrote:Yet again I'm dead broke with ~$1,000 in repairs waiting to be paid because people are completely incapable of answering their phones or returning your calls when it comes time to pay the bill.
It drives me insane that customers who tend to nag the fuck out of me and call once or twice every week expecting their repair to magically be finished suddenly drop off the map when it comes time to pay.

Consider implementing a late-fee/nuisance pricing contingency and only work by contract, agreed upon and signed before beginning any work. If customer doesn't pay within 72hr (or 1 week w/e) of project completion and unsuccessful attempts have been made to collect payment, a 10% weekly charge is added, any unpaid bills after 30 days will be considered abandoned property.
[B/S/T shoutouts] Shortlist: Hollow Earth|Ct5|856|Condor|Thermae|OP-1|half track reel2reel|Prophet6 ... :whoa:
rfurtkamp wrote:The only transparent thing I own is a set of drinking glasses.
rustywire

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby D.o.S. » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:12 am

And their membership to the guild of magicks is considered revoked.

So speaketh the Grandest of Maguses.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion