The spite, hate, rage, apathy and mild irritation thread...

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The spite, hate, rage, apathy and mild irritation thread

Postby 01010111 » Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:30 am

My cat died. He developed diabetic ketoacidosis over the weekend, and there was some sort of other infection as well. The combination of the two was too much, and he passed away this morning. I’ve never been more devastated by a loss. I have an emergency appointment with my therapist this afternoon to come up with a safety plan for me, because I feel like I killed him. Had I not moved to the UK, he would be alive right now

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:46 am

:hug:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby dubkitty » Tue Oct 03, 2023 10:53 am

cats developing diabetes has nothing to do with travel stress. the major causes are obesity, inactivity, medication interactions, and underlying illnesses. it's a biological thing that happens. was there no sign of distress beforehand? my cat is diabetic, and i only discovered it when i noticed he was pissing more than normal. find something to beat yourself up with that's actually your fault if that's what you're into.
Last edited by dubkitty on Tue Oct 03, 2023 10:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

FIFTY YEARS OF SCARING THE CHILDREN 1970-2020--and i'm not done yet

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

DUBZ LOOPZ 2: Electronic Renaissance coming soon to a Soundcloud near you!
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby Blackened Soul » Tue Oct 03, 2023 3:26 pm

I hate architects most of the time, the rest I just dislike them…. We really need to build that B ark….
Blackened Soul

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby 01010111 » Tue Oct 03, 2023 6:28 pm

dubkitty wrote:cats developing diabetes has nothing to do with travel stress. the major causes are obesity, inactivity, medication interactions, and underlying illnesses. it's a biological thing that happens. was there no sign of distress beforehand? my cat is diabetic, and i only discovered it when i noticed he was pissing more than normal. find something to beat yourself up with that's actually your fault if that's what you're into.

My cat developed diabetes last fall, and I noticed it the same way you did. I had been giving him injections for the last year, and his glucose levels were staying in a healthy range. When he got to the UK they switched him to caninsulin and put him on the introductory dose because they weren’t sure how he’d react to it. Obviously it wasn’t enough (or maybe it just wasn’t effective for him), and I wish I would have gotten him back to the vet sooner. He was scheduled to get a glucose curve this week (about two weeks after getting here). He was behaving normally on Saturday morning, by Saturday night he was having trouble walking and was hiding near his litterbox. So, I took him to the emergency vet. They gave him the standard treatment for ketoacidosis, but his kidneys weren’t functioning like they needed to. Then he started to develop a fever and his kidneys shut down.

Had I stayed in Korea his condition wouldn’t have deteriorated like this because he would have been able to stay on his old insulin, and it was a lot easier to take my cat to the vet there. If I’d even just been more paranoid and insisted on giving him a larger dose of caninsulin he might still be alive. But it doesn’t matter now. He’s dead because I fucked up

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby friendship » Wed Oct 04, 2023 1:32 pm

01010111 wrote:My cat died. He developed diabetic ketoacidosis over the weekend, and there was some sort of other infection as well. The combination of the two was too much, and he passed away this morning. I’ve never been more devastated by a loss. I have an emergency appointment with my therapist this afternoon to come up with a safety plan for me, because I feel like I killed him. Had I not moved to the UK, he would be alive right now

I'm so sorry about your cat. :(

I hope the therapy session was helpful. Please don't beat yourself up.
sound journal

actualidiot wrote:12-bit's almost analog, right?
friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby dubkitty » Wed Oct 04, 2023 2:39 pm

how many units of insulin was he on in Korea? 2 weeks from switchover to dying is a terribly short time. and 2 weeks after change in dosage/etc. is the standard period for vet monitoring. perhaps if you were psychic you might have detected the problem sooner, but cats don't give you a lot of clues as to their condition.

i'm really sorry for your loss. since the pandemic started i've had to grieve the cat who kept me from killing myself and a dog i loved with all my heart. please try not to be too hard on yourself.
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

FIFTY YEARS OF SCARING THE CHILDREN 1970-2020--and i'm not done yet

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

DUBZ LOOPZ 2: Electronic Renaissance coming soon to a Soundcloud near you!
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby PanicProne » Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:07 am

I recently scored a Dwarfcraft Loop Mangler and either it's broken or it's just suuuuuper underwhelming. Being probably my all time favourite builder, at least one of them, I have a lot of their stuff, but this one, so far, just feels "meh". Very, very "meh". It also makes me sad that they're not around anymore. Besides the awesome pedals I always thought Louise had good stuff to say/some great points to make and demoes by your old pal Aen... :cry: :no: :(
PanicProne

experienced
experienced

Previous

Return to General Discussion