The spite, hate, rage, apathy and mild irritation thread...

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The spite, hate, rage, apathy and mild irritation thread

Postby Lurker13 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:35 pm

Sorry about your bird, Dandolin. :hug:

As for the fake meat issue, some people turn to vegetarianism because they think it is healthier or more moral rather than because they dislike meat. The fake meat can satisfy their cravings. Veggie burgers helped me in the 1990s when I was trying to minimize the amount of mammalian meat I ate.
coldbrightsunlight wrote:Hey man, you can do what you want in this den of shame.
Lurker13

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:16 pm

:thumb:

Very true. I never even turned to being veggie because I disliked meat. I love the taste of meat :lol: it's just that now I've developed (after stopping eating it) a moral distaste for it, I find the dread that I've accidentally eaten meat whenever I have fake meat that's "too good" is just not worth the taste :lol:
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Lurker13 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:51 pm

coldbrightsunlight wrote::thumb:

Very true. I never even turned to being veggie because I disliked meat. I love the taste of meat :lol: it's just that now I've developed (after stopping eating it) a moral distaste for it, I find the dread that I've accidentally eaten meat whenever I have fake meat that's "too good" is just not worth the taste :lol:

There's fake meat that is too good? :wha?: :lol:

Well, I would give the fake stuff a go again, but these days I'm more concerned about the estrogen levels in food, because it's related to weight gain and weight retention. So for the time being, grass fed beef will remain on the menu, and because I'm a monster. :excellent:
coldbrightsunlight wrote:Hey man, you can do what you want in this den of shame.
Lurker13

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby dubkitty » Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:10 pm

that sounds like a truly awful experience, Dando. i'm doubly sorry it was so hard for Poppy.
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

FIFTY YEARS OF SCARING THE CHILDREN 1970-2020--and i'm not done yet

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

DUBZ LOOPZ 2: Electronic Renaissance coming soon to a Soundcloud near you!
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby dubkitty » Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:12 pm

my moral distaste is closing in on my omnivorousness. i just don't feel ready to revamp my lifestyle to such an extent. i've been blissfully ignoring anything other than taste and convenience for most of my life, and i don't really want to think about food that much.

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:56 am

I can understand that dubkitty. I found it quite tough actually sitting down and thinking about what my moral position IS (and I doubt it'll remain constant through my life) and putting that much thought into food can be a lot of work and isn't always easy.

Lurker13 wrote:

There's fake meat that is too good? :wha?: :lol:

I mean too good from the perspective of a person who hasn't eaten meat for 5 years and is creeped out by the idea of eating it :lol: :lol: my bar is probably different to your bar.
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby jirodreamsofdank » Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:01 pm

Allergies are fucking brutal this spring and my usual generic zyrtec isn't cutting it. I may have to invest in a Neti pot like a damn dirty hippie.
jirodreamsofdank

experienced
experienced

Postby dubkitty » Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:27 pm

watch out to change the water constantly. I've read stories of people who died from contracting brain-eating amoebas from poorly-maintained neti pots. i know that sounds like a bad low-budget horror movie, but i'm deadly serious. Google it.

dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby jirodreamsofdank » Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:45 pm

For sure, I'd only do it with jugs of distilled water. I live too close to where people got the brain eating amoeba from tap water.
jirodreamsofdank

experienced
experienced

Postby Achtane » Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:28 am

That's cray.
I never thought about it before, but that's not a very cool way to go, via neti pot.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Louy7zH9guw
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby dubkitty » Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:14 pm

it would make for an interesting obituary, though.

dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby dubkitty » Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:28 pm

well, things have been happening at a rate that seems to be approaching quantum speeds, or maybe neutrinos. per above, my relationship with Becky just wasn't working for me, so with great sadness and regret i ended it. i've now met a woman online with whom i've connected via text, photo, and phone to an astonishing degree. she lives 4 hours away in West Virginia and her immune-suppressed daughter who lives with her has to wait an additional period after her vaccinations, so we won't be able to meet till the end of April. which is the only thing in this post related to the thread title. as we said via text last night, "this is big." "yeah, as big as it gets." she's 70 (i'm 63), was born in Germany, and does animal rescue for Chihuahuas and other orphaned dogs on her rural property. i don't think she was ever a hippie, but unlike Becky (who had never even seen an episode of Mythbusters) she knows about everything i reference and gets me; she particularly enjoyed my vision of an over-hambergered Trump exploding like Mr. Creosote on Monty Python's Flying Circus. she's also funny as hell, very sweet, and a wee bit naughty. i'd be arrested for posting the pictures i've sent her on request. i could not be more chuffed about this development...i had a couple of lucky near-misses with women who wouldn't have worked out, one of whom would have been absolutely disastrous.

i've also apparently made it through the transition off Cymbalta and onto Welbutrin, it went much better than before, largely because i wasn't getting into arguments with Becky driven by irritation and the heightened energy level and verbosity associated with Welbutrin. i feel happier, clearer-headed, and more functional than at any time since i was a teenager, seriously. i acknowledge the distinct possibility that i may be diving into a black hole in my personal/romantic life, but nothing i've ever done has felt so right. further updates will be moved to the "Happiness" thread unless pertinent here. woop woop.
Last edited by dubkitty on Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby dubkitty » Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:43 pm

i've been thinking that if things work out with us i'll move there (which we haven't discussed but i can tell she'll be fine with) and either take early retirement on Social Security or work remotely from her place with occasional drives to Charlottesville when face-to-face meetings are necessary. she has some of the physical and mobility issues one would expect of someone her age, but this might not be a problem. in the last year i've been feeling distinctly older and less physically capable than even a year ago. i'm thinking it may be time to let go of Young Bob with his mountain bike, multiple smoking habits, and 400-mile concert road trips and settle into a life appropriate for my age and condition. i'll still play and go to shows, but i'm not sure i'll ever get back to the 25 concerts per year i averaged in 2018 and 2019. and anyway, she's more abled than my last partner.

don't get the impression all this is done and dusted. both of us worry that when we finally meet there will be no spark, but we both find it unlikely. yesterday we texted for eight hours straight, through half of my work day, dinner, and well into the evening. i think i may have hit a home run this time, after a lifetime of little pop flies to the 2d baseman. my shit must be weird...i'm using baseball metaphors.

dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MaxMaps » Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:42 am

I had to put my dog down yesterday. 8 wonderful years with the little guy and he was a spunky, little, turd of a dog and I loved him so so much. He got me through some good times and hard times - such a bummer.

I took a week of a work beginning next month and I hope to spread his ash out to sea.
THEBEERHAMMER wrote:
Achtane wrote:Doom Weed, duh.
Doom seed is like...what you get when wizards jerk it.
Doom Weed produces Doom Seed.

BRO IS THIS EVEN KUSH??? IS BUFFERED? TRV BYPASS??? MY FRIEND DAMBLEDORE TOLD ME I NEEDED CRYSTAL LETTUICE.
MaxMaps

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Lurker13 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:37 am

MaxMaps wrote:I had to put my dog down yesterday. 8 wonderful years with the little guy and he was a spunky, little, turd of a dog and I loved him so so much. He got me through some good times and hard times - such a bummer.

I took a week of a work beginning next month and I hope to spread his ash out to sea.

I'm so sorry, Max. :hug:
Lurker13

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion