The spite, hate, rage, apathy and mild irritation thread...

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The spite, hate, rage, apathy and mild irritation thread

Postby jrfox92 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:27 am

Huh, yeah, weird.
He's at that age, and level of, uh, injury, where he'll require some pain relief the rest of his life. It's just a matter of whether it's effective.
Also, interestingly, we're both neurodivergent, but he's been taking tramadol for about six months without any recognizable signs of withdrawal when he doesn't.
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby dubkitty » Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:49 pm

the variability of people's responses to licit and illicit drugs has always boggled my mind. it makes it particularly difficult when you're dealing with psych meds because sometimes you just can't find one that works. i was on antidepressants for 22 years before i found one that was more effective than me barely being able to get out of bed. i literally spent my first four years here staying in my apartment except to go to work, eat, and do minimal shopping all of which i did on the way to/from work. on the weekends i stayed in bed and slept, getting up every few hours to eat a bowl of cereal or a ham sandwich. so as you might imagine i'm a leetle bit nervous about changes in my medication. but if i don't like what it does i can just go back to the previous stuff.
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

FIFTY YEARS OF SCARING THE CHILDREN 1970-2020--and i'm not done yet

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

DUBZ LOOPZ 2: Electronic Renaissance coming soon to a Soundcloud near you!
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby Achtane » Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:09 am

That's similar to how I spent a large part of, like, 18-26. I fiiiiiinally got put on an antidepressant four days ago. It was a big relief simply to tell a doctor that I needed something.

Shout-out to all my brokebrain homiiiiiiies, here's hoping stuff becomes the opposite of brokerer!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Louy7zH9guw
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby dubkitty » Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:09 pm

that's excellent. it's a terrible cliche, but to get somewhere you first have to start, and you're doing that. and with the advances in antidepressants in the last quarter-century, you're more likely to have a result.

before changing my medication there's something else i'm going to try. it sounds like hocus-pocus New Age shit, but apparently it's been approved as a treatment. it's called TMS, and it involves having your head magnetically irradiated to reorder its circuitry or connections or something like that. it's non-invasive and has no major side effects, but it's very time-consuming: 5 days a week of 40-minute treatments for 6 weeks. the pandemic is actually making it more convenient; if i had to go to and from the office to sessions it would require an additional hour of back-and-forth that would totally fuck my work *and* life schedule, but it's 12 minutes from home so i can just start work early for 6 weeks and go in after. i'm pretty curious to see what will happen. they wanted me to be part of a preliminary study at UVA but the travel time and the requirement that i stop all my meds precluded participation.

it's going to be hard to resist leaving the treatments walking like Frankenstein's Monster and going "EET'S ALIIIIIVE, DOKTOR!"

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby aedes » Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:22 pm

hey dub my wife had great relief from her anxiety using neurofeedback, which is similar to TMS. she didn't stop her meds when doing the treatments, but it was a life saver...hope you have similar results with tms.
aedes

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Blackened Soul » Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:51 pm

I bought non organic eggs last week. They had no flavor and smelled... odd... not bad... not off... just odd... wtf were they feed'n den chickens?
Blackened Soul

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:53 pm

Blackened Soul wrote:I bought non organic eggs last week. They had no flavor and smelled... odd... not bad... not off... just odd... wtf were they feed'n den chickens?

They was giving the chickens coffee enemas up their cooters.
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Blackened Soul » Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:04 pm

That must be a fun job to make sound good on a reseme...
Blackened Soul

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Pepe » Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:21 pm

A good friend of mine, a local musician at the age of 60-something has cancer and has go to the hospice soon. :cry:
Pepe at YouTube and Instagram
Pepe

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Lurker13 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:50 pm

Pepe wrote:A good friend of mine, a local musician at the age of 60-something has cancer and has go to the hospice soon. :cry:

I'm so sorry. :hug:
coldbrightsunlight wrote:Hey man, you can do what you want in this den of shame.
Lurker13

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby jirodreamsofdank » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:26 am

The grocery store had Black Keys playing tonight and now I have Dan Auerbach crooning "I wanted love I needed love most of all most of all" stuck in my head like I'm living in a light beer commercial.
jirodreamsofdank

experienced
experienced

Postby MrNovember » Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:03 am

jirodreamsofdank wrote:The grocery store had Black Keys playing tonight and now I have Dan Auerbach crooning "I wanted love I needed love most of all most of all" stuck in my head like I'm living in a light beer commercial.

I saw the Black Keys and Modest Mouse last year with my parents, which is a weird combination, but I mainly went to see Modest Mouse. I don't think I completely dislike the Black Keys (though I appear to be liking them less and less every year), but their set was absolute garbage. Zero energy, zero excitement, felt like a bunch of guys that were low on cash and needed to make a quick buck. Modest Mouse were great though!
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby goosekevin » Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:34 am

many things are bad at the moment
- band recording an album in like 3 days but there is so much tension and misplaced anger amongst each other at the moment (mostly on the part of the other members i am just absurdly stressed about their tension) and im just so stressed about it. i truly wish we could all get along but it feels so intense and stressful at the moment

- the person i work with in a two person team at work (who is also one of my best friends in the entire world) is leaving the job while i am off to record and im extremely sad about her leaving and not getting to see her every day and also very worried about who will replace with her bc i do not know how i could work that closely with another person and not lose my mind. also i think i might be a little bit in love with her? also very stressed about the workload that is going to hit me before they are able to replace her

- huge depression hit

- truly need to stop drinking and smoking weed to shut my brain off every single day from the second i am able to
Derelict78 wrote:That probably sounds awful in the best possible way.
goosekevin

Supporter
Supporter

Postby friendship » Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:39 pm

Got the courage to start a new project during February. Cracked the headstock on my #1 best guitar on day 2. Fuck me for trying.
sound journal

actualidiot wrote:12-bit's almost analog, right?
friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby dubkitty » Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:41 pm

OUCH.

dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion