The spite, hate, rage, apathy and mild irritation thread...



Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The spite, hate, rage, apathy and mild irritation thread

Postby neonblack » Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:33 am

Bassist_Diver wrote:While I was deadlifting someone behind me was carrying a barbell and tripped, sending said barbell into my back when I was about to lock my lift (AKA when my back was at max effort). It hurts to move.


Fuuuuuck man. Back pain is the absolute worst. Be careful if the doc gives you painkillers. I've known a few people whose back injury was a gateway to opiate addicition
neonblack

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 8026
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:00 am
Location: Wilmington, NC

Re: The spite, hate, rage, apathy and mild irritation thread

Postby dubkitty » Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:04 pm

yeah, you want to watch the fuck out with that stuff, especially if you already have a tendency towards excess. my wonky spine sends yours sympathy :hug:
"we are all Romans
we live to regret it"--Bullen/Hayward/Williams, 1981

"exit this Roman shell
then you know you must leave the capitol"--Mark E. Smith, 1981

"your joys are counterfeit
this happiness corrupt political shit"--Richey Edwards, 1991

"the policeman isn't there to create disorder, the policeman is there to preserve disorder"--Richard J. Daley, 1968

In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

SCARING THE CHILDREN SINCE 1970
dubkitty

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 11088
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:03 pm
Location: somewhere between Jerry Garcia and Neil Halstead...OK, Charlottesville if you must

Re: The spite, hate, rage, apathy and mild irritation thread

Postby TraceItalian » Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:07 pm

Someone got pissy and reported me on reverb and ebay afyer an extensive convo on why I wouldn't take $400 on a $750 listing. It's all squared away now but it's still a pain in the ass.
TraceItalian

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 221
Joined: Fri May 22, 2015 11:58 am

Re: The spite, hate, rage, apathy and mild irritation thread

Postby Bassist_Diver » Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:12 pm

neonblack wrote:
Bassist_Diver wrote:While I was deadlifting someone behind me was carrying a barbell and tripped, sending said barbell into my back when I was about to lock my lift (AKA when my back was at max effort). It hurts to move.


Fuuuuuck man. Back pain is the absolute worst. Be careful if the doc gives you painkillers. I've known a few people whose back injury was a gateway to opiate addicition


dubkitty wrote:yeah, you want to watch the fuck out with that stuff, especially if you already have a tendency towards excess. my wonky spine sends yours sympathy :hug:


Thanks guys. Thankfully I didn't need pain meds, just ibuprofen, ice, and a lot of rest. :group:
Image
The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever. - Jacques Cousteau
Good dealings with: Vrom, Conky

Yamaha / Gallien-Krueger / Pedals
Bassist_Diver

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 985
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:20 am
Location: Texas

Re: The spite, hate, rage, apathy and mild irritation thread

Postby dubkitty » Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:36 pm

glad to hear it!
"we are all Romans
we live to regret it"--Bullen/Hayward/Williams, 1981

"exit this Roman shell
then you know you must leave the capitol"--Mark E. Smith, 1981

"your joys are counterfeit
this happiness corrupt political shit"--Richey Edwards, 1991

"the policeman isn't there to create disorder, the policeman is there to preserve disorder"--Richard J. Daley, 1968

In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

SCARING THE CHILDREN SINCE 1970
dubkitty

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 11088
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:03 pm
Location: somewhere between Jerry Garcia and Neil Halstead...OK, Charlottesville if you must

Re: The spite, hate, rage, apathy and mild irritation thread

Postby Cody_Pole » Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:26 am

TraceItalian wrote:Someone got pissy and reported me on reverb and ebay afyer an extensive convo on why I wouldn't take $400 on a $750 listing. It's all squared away now but it's still a pain in the ass.


Wait so you had something listed for $700 and someone wanted to give you $450 and you had to explain not only to that person but also reverb why you wouldn't accept that? :?:
Deflating Expectations.


Good Dudes: blooghost,bob the robot,Jero,dorfmeister,modernage,oneloudrash,noisemaker effects,vidarr,rosscanyonsofstatic,inertia,communarchy,kosta,culturejam,zzz,actionindex, dorfmeister,pumpkin pieces,monkeyboy,nieh,sweetbabyphil,D.O.S and corrinica !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cody_Pole

User avatar
FAMOUS
FAMOUS
 
Posts: 1283
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:21 pm
Location: Bangor,Maine

Re: The spite, hate, rage, apathy and mild irritation thread

Postby TraceItalian » Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:59 pm

Cody_Pole wrote:
TraceItalian wrote:Someone got pissy and reported me on reverb and ebay afyer an extensive convo on why I wouldn't take $400 on a $750 listing. It's all squared away now but it's still a pain in the ass.


Wait so you had something listed for $700 and someone wanted to give you $450 and you had to explain not only to that person but also reverb why you wouldn't accept that? :?:


The allegation was it didn't actually exist and that in our correspondence I was very rude, they handled it a lot quicker this time when I sent them screen caps of the messages.
TraceItalian

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 221
Joined: Fri May 22, 2015 11:58 am

Re: The spite, hate, rage, apathy and mild irritation thread

Postby BetterOffShred » Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:22 pm

I've had to travel the last 2 weeks for work and it really burnt me out. Not to be a whiner, but that's how it is.
BetterOffShred

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 3227
Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:01 pm

Re: The spite, hate, rage, apathy and mild irritation thread

Postby neonblack » Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:29 pm

My Jazzmaster is making the worst deep loud-ass humming noise all the time now. I don't want to/have the money to take it to a tech right now and we have a big shown in a couple weeks. Ugh.
neonblack

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 8026
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:00 am
Location: Wilmington, NC

Re: The spite, hate, rage, apathy and mild irritation thread

Postby BetterOffShred » Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:39 pm

Open the back and poke at wires with a pencil. There's only a few in there. You may see something obvious
BetterOffShred

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 3227
Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:01 pm

Re: The spite, hate, rage, apathy and mild irritation thread

Postby Paul_C » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:17 pm

I'm mildly disappointed that no-one has expressed delight at the link I posted on the Billy Corgan thread, because it made me laugh :)

I'll re-post it here on the assumption that only a few people have seen it and it might raise a chuckle - watch with sound on . . .

https://i.imgur.com/yUcpl9z.mp4
Paul_C

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 896
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:45 pm
Location: Northampton UK

Re: The spite, hate, rage, apathy and mild irritation thread

Postby Gone Fission » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:02 am

Paul_C wrote:I'm mildly disappointed that no-one has expressed delight at the link I posted on the Billy Corgan thread, because it made me laugh :)

I'll re-post it here on the assumption that only a few people have seen it and it might raise a chuckle - watch with sound on . . .

https://i.imgur.com/yUcpl9z.mp4


Billy feels your disappointment:

Image
D.o.S. wrote:Broadly speaking, if we at ILF are dropping 300 bucks on a pedal it probably sounds like an SNES holocaust.
friendship wrote:death to false bleep-blop
UglyCasanova wrote:brb gonna slap my dick on my stomp boxes
Gone Fission

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 3433
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:50 pm
Location: DC/MD

Re: The spite, hate, rage, apathy and mild irritation thread

Postby garyg » Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:55 am

Paul_C wrote:I'm mildly disappointed that no-one has expressed delight at the link I posted on the Billy Corgan thread, because it made me laugh :)

I'll re-post it here on the assumption that only a few people have seen it and it might raise a chuckle - watch with sound on . . .

https://i.imgur.com/yUcpl9z.mp4


Ha. I giggled, guessed what was coming (maybe the only SP track I ever really liked...)
garyg

interested
interested
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:35 am
Location: Darkest Kent, UK

Re: The spite, hate, rage, apathy and mild irritation thread

Postby echorec » Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:46 pm

TraceItalian wrote:The allegation was it didn't actually exist and that in our correspondence I was very rude, they handled it a lot quicker this time when I sent them screen caps of the messages.


That's shitty. I called Reverb today about this douche who would not issue my refund (even though he had received his faulty item a week earlier). The Reverb guy just went right into the messages and started reading them. I make sure to never get too colorful with people on there for that reason---afraid to get suspended and not be able to unload stuff when bills are due.
echorec

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 3570
Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:31 am

Re: The spite, hate, rage, apathy and mild irritation thread

Postby neonblack » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:30 pm

I swear to God, technical issues are gonna make me quit music. Now I gotta send my Unpleasant Surprise back to o Canada to get fixed, unless one of you dudes wants to replace a footswitch for me. Goddammit.
neonblack

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 8026
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:00 am
Location: Wilmington, NC

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 7 guests


Sponsored Ad. (Please no inflated/repetitive clicking. Thanks!)

Advertisements help support ILF


ilovefuzz.com is not responsible for user-submitted content. Users participate at their own discretion and risk.