The spite, hate, rage, apathy and mild irritation thread...

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The spite, hate, rage, apathy and mild irritation thread

Postby BetterOffShred » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:08 pm

There's a whole generation of men who were raised and socialized to think big trucks and hunting and shit made them men. That thought process is hard to abandoned when you're 45. It's sad for dudes who don't know how to define themselves otherwise.

Lots of bad news in here, and I'm sorry to read it all. We're all loved by someone, try to stay up friends
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby jrfox92 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:15 pm

Dapper Bandit wrote:"...the only people that support this advert are bearded hipsters or boys that each so much soy they can't grow facial hair"

I still love this view.
Like...y'all motherfuckers don't see how that doesn't make any sense?
The hipsters that eat soy and have massive beards eat too much soy that their beards can't possibly exist?

Whut.
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Lurker13 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:57 pm

Dapper Bandit wrote:Kinda nonsense to get enraged by but our local newspaper recently published a opinion piece that used a full double page to tell everyone why the Gilette advert is bad. It was a rollercoaster ride of red-pill bullshit that featured such hits as "why do feminists hate men that barbecue?", "if men aren't allowed to talk to women they find sexually attactrive then the human race will go extinct", "Gilette is going to go out of business because the only people that support this advert are bearded hipsters or boys that each so much soy they can't grow facial hair", "black men commit quite a lot of crime, if you think about it" and my personal favourite "homosexual men used to be social pariahs a while ago but we've fixed that now. Unfortunately middle class, white heterosexual men have taken their place and are the victims of so much persecution, all the time". Wound me up to the point that I struggled to sleep that night. To make matters worse I see the guy that wrote the article on my walk to work almost every day and it's a struggle to not spit in his smug, supercillious, Trump-praising, hashtag won't somebody think of the men? face.

To add context, I live on a small island near England. Not where one would expect to find this sort of thing but it goes to show that conservative with a small c thinking is all trending in the same direction.

Ugh.

You should walk right up to him and thank him for writing such a hilarious and stinging satire of the paranoid, delusional, absurdist fantasies that underlie conservatism. Tell him it made you ROFL all night just thinking about how shockingly ignorant someone would have to be to actually hold such beliefs.
coldbrightsunlight wrote:Hey man, you can do what you want in this den of shame.
Lurker13

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Dapper Bandit » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:57 am

jrfox92 wrote:I still love this view.
Like...y'all motherfuckers don't see how that doesn't make any sense?
The hipsters that eat soy and have massive beards eat too much soy that their beards can't possibly exist?

Whut.

I'm completely aware that the art of discourse in the political spectrum has almost completely broken down, leaving society in the hands of demagogues and extremists to dictate the discussion but I find it honestly shocking and tiring that the Right are quite content to rally together under some really unfunny memes. That's their whole arsenal. Under Trump you've got a huge wave of NS boneheads feeling legitimatized and entering the mainstream public sphere and these people find stupid four panel internet cartoons funnier than Seinfeld? What's up with that?

Lurker13 wrote:You should walk right up to him and thank him for writing such a hilarious and stinging satire of the paranoid, delusional, absurdist fantasies that underlie conservatism. Tell him it made you ROFL all night just thinking about how shockingly ignorant someone would have to be to actually hold such beliefs.

Not a bad idea except the UK is going through a bit of a thing where we're embracing ignorance. Any country that had the cry "We've had enough of experts!" can probably not be trusted to grasp the irony of false praise.
Bringing Brought the noise in Whitechapel Murders
Bandcamp
Facebook
Dapper Bandit

committed
committed

Postby BetterOffShred » Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:58 pm

You know what's bullshit... when you click on a link that explicitly opens a form or a search window .. but then the cursor is not active in that field.. but you've already placed your hand back on the keyboard in anticipation of data field entry.. but no. Now your sorry ass has to move the hand back to the mouse and select the fucking data entry field. That's great. Who the fuck designed this website anyway? (Not this one, just one in general)
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby chuckjaywalk » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:20 pm

I am keeping my head above water. The last couple of months have been hard. Back in August, I moved out of my parents' house, took a job in the city, found a place I could live. I worked hard, took care of this guy's house while he toured, and lived a quiet life. First weekend of November, my divorce from my abusive, alcoholic wife became official. I was riding high. The next day, it all fell apart. I was driving back from a weekend in Pennsylvania and I hit a deer in Cambridge, OH. Totaled my car. Became stranded. I was hours from anyone who I knew. My friend Jon drove 3 hours both ways to get me. He's a hero. Soon after, I learned that my cat, which I was upside down on, was fully covered, but that was about it. My contract was voided because I couldn't drive to do installs. A few days later, I was told that I had to move out because the executor of the will, the house was in probate, wanted me out. I have been couch surfing, unemployed, and carless ever since. Today was my first day at Firehouse Subs. I'm trying. I wanted to strum my guitar, which it is a miracle that I still have, but I apparently dont own any guitar cables. So it goes.
My force of habit, I am an insect
I have to confess I'm proud as hell of that fact
chuckjaywalk

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby neonblack » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:02 pm

I just pulled a nose hair out and it was like 4 inches long and I felt it in my brain.
neonblack

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby aedes » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:33 pm

aedes

Supporter
Supporter

Postby friendship » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:53 pm

Looks like my creep radar was working right all these years.
sound journal

actualidiot wrote:12-bit's almost analog, right?
friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby popvulture » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:47 pm

The creep angle is sorta surprising to me—always thought he was a bit too much of a self-absorbed weasel. I guess passive-aggressive manipulator fits the bill, though.
neonblack wrote:They say tone is in the hooks

D.o.S. wrote:I'm pretty sure moderation leads to Mustang Sally.

coldbrightsunlight wrote:Yes I am a soppy pop person at heart I think with noises round the edge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JphJfwsUbT4
popvulture

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby chuckjaywalk » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:06 pm

Narcissistic Personality Disorder is a hell of a drug. Also, drugs are a hell of a drug.
My force of habit, I am an insect
I have to confess I'm proud as hell of that fact
chuckjaywalk

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby BetterOffShred » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:06 pm

People get used to never being told "No" and then when people do say no.. it really puts the zap on them
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Bassist_Diver » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:37 am

I am so fucking sick of traveling for work. I spent the 9 weeks leading up to Christmas not home (fly out Sunday, fly back Friday) and I just got back from “short” week three of what looks like six weeks in a row of travel. I’m not sleeping well, I’m putting on weight from having to eat out every meal, I’m cranky and irritable when I’m home, and despite all the work I’m putting in I barely receive credit because “I’m not in a senior enough position.” (Never mind the fact that the word “senior” is in my job title and I lead a pretty good sized team) I roll off this project and start a local one at the end of March and I am counting down the fucking minutes.
The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever. - Jacques Cousteau
Good dealings with: Vrom, Conky

Yamaha / Gallien-Krueger / Pedals
Bassist_Diver

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Dowi » Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:30 am

BIRCH BARK | Solo stuff | Bandcamp - Youtube
HIBAGON | Polyrhythmic Heavy Duo | Bandcamp - Spotyshit
Dowi

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby DrMabuse » Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:51 am

chuckjaywalk wrote:I am keeping my head above water. The last couple of months have been hard.

This sounds like how I spent a chunk of the 90's. Horrible breakup, no car, no job, no fixed address. Some of it got better, other parts feel like I'm selling my soul off on an installment plan. Existential crises suck, but thank you for reminding me there are far more immediate kinds of problems to have.

My complaint: passed over for one promotion a few months ago, up for another I don't want as much now. If I don't get this one, either I plan on doing my current job until I retire (or die), or leave the company and my tenure behind to start over somewhere else. No idea if what I can do is in fashion this month with the current el jefe. He tends to talk around things so he doesn't alienate anyone. A straight "no" is so much better than a vague "work on this thing I can't really define and try again in six months." A Unabomber shack in the wilderness is sounding so good right now...
DrMabuse

committed
committed

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion