The Confessions Thread

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The Confessions Thread

Postby BetterOffShred » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:37 pm

Corey Y wrote:
BetterOffShred wrote:I have a black korina telecaster.

PICS

I just looked through my whole phone and I have no pics of it .. lemme check a thumb drive I have here at work and if not there I'll take one when I get home :whateva:
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Kacey Y » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:44 pm

BetterOffShred wrote:
Corey Y wrote:
BetterOffShred wrote:I have a black korina telecaster.

PICS

I just looked through my whole phone and I have no pics of it .. lemme check a thumb drive I have here at work and if not there I'll take one when I get home :whateva:

I like to picture you running into the nearest guitar store, frantically looking for a korina Tele.

"FUCK, sorry guys, I got home and someone stole it! Here's a picture of the stand where it used to be"
Appalachian Queer Punk Moms Local 138
Kacey Y

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby BetterOffShred » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:53 pm

Hah. No. Here it is. Poor pic, but you can see the black grain

Also pictured, part of my UV777PBK ;)
Attachments
old phone 3735_crop_270x589.jpg
old phone 3735_crop_270x589.jpg (103.47 KiB) Viewed 4757 times
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Kacey Y » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:55 pm

Is it a Warmoth parts build?
Kacey Y

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby BetterOffShred » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:57 pm

Yep. Started as a set of Texas special Tele pickups I got for 3$ when I worked at guitar center. It's a fantastic guitar, reversed control plate for volume up front, 4 way selector, graphite nut, and of course the fat finger

Originally I just ordered a maple neck and it took like 3 months, turned out a machine fell over and broke the neck they said so I got abalone dots and birdseye for free.
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Kacey Y » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:22 pm

Warmoth is one of the few places that prominently displays black korina, so I figured. It looks nice. I just got a Tele that I really need to spruce up. Hopefully I will get my work bench/area in my basement all squared away soon, finally started making some progress on it now that I have a handyman staying in our guest bedroom.
Kacey Y

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby BetterOffShred » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:28 pm

Yeah I got this in about 2001, and let me just warn you that it took me like 2 weeks of applications and sanding to fill the grain. Korina is porous AF. Of course at the time I didn't have any clue what I was doing, but it turned out pretty good. Plays like a dream. It's also heavy AF.
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Kacey Y » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:31 pm

I've heard it's a nightmare to build with. Looks great though.
Kacey Y

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby BetterOffShred » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:35 pm

I have dreams of making a 7 string multiscale telecaster, with a pointy headstock, probably cedar body and maple on maple neck, with a walnut strip down the middle. I have a couple of pieces of flame maple I cut to fingerboards size.. :drool:

What plans do you have Corey Y for your Tele?
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Kacey Y » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:38 pm

Just setup stuff really. Clean it up, setup, polish frets, new nut, maybe a new bridge PU. Nothing crazy. I'd like to build myself a Tele or hardtail Strat, I still have an alder body blank I made a few years ago after I made my bass body.
Kacey Y

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby BetterOffShred » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:49 pm

Corey Y wrote:Just setup stuff really. Clean it up, setup, polish frets, new nut, maybe a new bridge PU. Nothing crazy. I'd like to build myself a Tele or hardtail Strat, I still have an alder body blank I made a few years ago after I made my bass body.

Originally I wanted a brass nut, but that was foolish for me and the way I play.

I just recently bought a 3 blade rigid 13" planar so I should whip up some blanks again.

I highly recommend the 4 way selector.. and Tusq nuts are very nice sounding imo. :)
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Kacey Y » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:28 pm

I'm down to pretty much handsaws, rasps and chisels at this point. I could make something with just those, but I'm not particularly keen to do so. I sold most of my wood working power tools the year before we moved. I've been thinking about picking up some new ones lately though, since we got our tax return. Having a surface planer is nice, but I could get by without a lot of other things with a good router. Especially one that comes with a fixed and plunge base.
Kacey Y

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby comesect2.0 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:29 pm

I flushed the toilet before sitting down today...then while cruising reverb, I feel my balls start to get cold ..and the damn thing nearly overflowed with me on it.....cool way to start a music video if only an acoustic fell into my lap from the ceiling as I'd like, ride the rushing stream from my toilet with my pants around my ankles ..all the way to guitar center where all the surprise shit ends up.
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Mudfuzz » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:39 pm

Corey Y wrote:I've heard it's a nightmare to build with.

Not really, stuff is similar to mahogany but is just tougher, and you have to watch blade direction due to interlocking grain. it's a breeze compared to koa, curly maple, purpleheart, teak...
Mudfuzz

HERO
HERO

Postby comesect2.0 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:51 am

The tensor thread made me draw on my red panda sticker attached to my rigtrunk which now reads ..dead panda
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion